Author Topic: Zip goes the football.  (Read 1482 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Zip goes the football.
« on: November 28, 2016, 01:36:40 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/12512630923

Mon Nov 28, 2016, 12:55 PM

Star Member TheBlackAdder (4,998 posts)

The Battle Begins As Wisconsin Denies Jill Stein Request For Statewide Hand Recount

The Wisconsin Elections Commission has denied a request by Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein for a hand recount of all ballots.

The AP reported, “The Wisconsin Elections Commission has voted unanimously to reject a request from Green Party candidate Jill Stein to conduct a hand recount of the presidential vote. Instead, the commission Monday voted to allow local election clerks to determine the method they would use for a recount.”

Stein can appeal, and ask a judge to order the recount by hand, but it appears that the plan is to simply run the same ballots through the voting machines again. Running the ballots through the machines again will accomplish nothing, as Stein is claiming that the election system is not secure and could have been compromised.

More at the jump...

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/11/28/battle-begins-wisconsin-denies-jill-stein-request-statewide-hand-recount.html

What kind of bullshit is this, to let the local clerks decide?

So, the guys padding the tallies get to decide if they are scrutinized? Banana Republic 101.

Response to TheBlackAdder (Original post)

Mon Nov 28, 2016, 01:01 PM

shraby (17,424 posts)
2. If I remember right, the Election Commission was recently jiggered by Walker's minions.

Can't remember the details, but it's been tampered with to favor the repubs.

Response to shraby (Reply #2)

Mon Nov 28, 2016, 02:10 PM

mythology (6,085 posts)
21. The commision chairmain is a Democrat and it's 3 Democrats and 3 Republicans

The decision was unanimous. It was rejected because it's exceptionally unlikely to change anything.

Oops.

Mon Nov 28, 2016, 01:13 PM

Star Member frazzled (14,183 posts)
12. This is all the Wisconsin recount law provides for

I posted that last week. I felt from the beginning that anyone who donated was being suckered by Stein. It was in black-and-white in the WI recount provisions law. You should be mad at Stein more than Wisconsin: she led you to believe there would be a hand recount by some independent group, when all there ever was was a provision for a county-by-county check by the same election officials who did it the first time.

She was just $10.00 away...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/12512631041

Mon Nov 28, 2016, 02:00 PM

Star Member pnwmom (78,527 posts)

In PA, Jill Stein waited till the last minute, likely won't have enough volunteers
She needs 3 volunteers from EVERY one of the thousands of districts in the state to sign affadavits, and only had 1500 (out of 30,000 needed) as of Sunday. Why didn't she start that at the same time she started collecting money for the recounts?

And why didn't she post info about needing the PA volunteers on the donation page, where people would be sure to see it? Lots of people would probably have been happy to sign the affidavits, if she had started collecting names soon enough. As it is, she's already missed the deadline in some districts.

http://billypenn.com/2016/11/28/jill-steins-pennsylvania-recount-4-new-developments-on-deadline-day/

Stein can’t simply ask for a recount in Pennsylvania. She needs Keystone State residents to ask for one for her.

That’s because for a recount to happen — barring a credible accusation of voter fraud ruled by the courts — three voters in each district must petition the results through an affidavit. Philadelphia alone, with its 1,600 voting divisions, would need requests from nearly 5,000 people to undergo a recount. The whole state would likely need about 30,000 volunteers. Stein got about 49,000 votes in PA.

Through Facebook and Twitter, she’s been asking for volunteers and has set up a process showing interested parties how to file an affidavit. As of 11 a.m. Sunday, she tweeted 1,500 Pennsylvanians had volunteered.

The deadline has already passed in some Pennsylvania districts, Stein said in a message to prospective volunteers. So it’s unlikely all of Pennsylvania is going to be recounted, regardless of Stein’s attempt.

SNIP

Should a significant number of counties get the requisite number of petitions, the recount process could be arduous. This is because many Pennsylvania polling stations don’t produce paper copies.

For a recount, each machine in the state would have to be opened and re-an

Response to pnwmom (Original post)

Mon Nov 28, 2016, 02:04 PM

Star Member madaboutharry (24,100 posts)
1. That is disappointing and it shows

how messed up the entire system really is. It also shows some incompetence on her part to have not gotten things lined up.

It shows how crooked and stupid leftists are.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Zip goes the football.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 01:43:22 PM »
In PA, Jill Stein waited till the last minute, likely won't have enough volunteers

She needs 3 volunteers from EVERY one of the thousands of districts in the state to sign affadavits, and only had 1500 (out of 30,000 needed) as of Sunday

Why can't we just let Keith Olbermann, Cenk Wigger, Rosie O'Donnell and her sister Larry just manage the recount?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 01:43:39 PM »
Aw, poor DUmmies can't steal the election and they are acting even further like babies.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 01:45:22 PM »
Why can't we just let Keith Olbermann, Cenk Wigger, Rosie O'Donnell and her sister Larry just manage the recount?
You forgot Rachel Maddow, Thom Hartmann & Howard Zinn.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 01:58:46 PM »
So close.

But Stein did pad the Green Party's coffers with Clinton lovers cash, therefore success!!

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 02:00:40 PM »
shraby (17,424 posts)
2. If I remember right, the Election Commission was recently jiggered by Walker's minions.

Can't remember the details, but it's been tampered with to favor the repubs.   ::)

Bold slander from unremembered details?  (D)U?!?!?

The deuce, you say.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 02:05:33 PM »
You forgot ... Howard Zinn.

Zinn's dead, baby. Zinn's dead.

According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 02:11:43 PM »
You forgot Rachel Maddow, Thom Hartmann & Howard Zinn.

and...
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Gamle-ged

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 02:30:59 PM »
The entire purpose of Ms. Stein's "recount" is to occupy Democrats' minds with something,  anything other than the abject failure they've just experienced.

If the effort succeeds in temporarily  delaying all three states' certification, denying a timely electoral 270, and it goes to the Republican Congress which will then vote for Trump and Pence, it gives Democrats a thin veil of manufactured satisfaction, which is more than the utter degradation they now feel.

If even this attempt to produce merely one ring of a  political circus fails in the courts, Democrats can claim a different thin veil to try to ameliorate the urge of some of them to open their veins.

Democrats' "Titanic" has already slipped beneath the sea and they are attempting to rope a few floating deck chairs together in the vague shape of a ship that they might use to steam onward, if ever so haltingly...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 02:33:19 PM by Gamle-ged »
"This is football season. A team can have more yards and lose the game. What matters is how many points you put on the board. The Electoral College is the points."   (Newt Gingrich)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 02:56:43 PM »
Mon Nov 28, 2016, 02:10 PM

mythology (6,085 posts)
21. The commision chairmain is a Democrat and it's 3 Democrats and 3 Republicans

The decision was unanimous. It was rejected because it's exceptionally unlikely to change anything.

"Ding-Dong!"

"Pizza delivery!"
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2016, 05:15:22 PM »

Mon Nov 28, 2016, 01:01 PM

shraby (17,424 posts)

Can't remember the details, but it's been tampered with to favor the repubs.

You forgot to add one more sentence for accuracy: I know because we lost.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2016, 05:27:55 PM »
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2016, 05:35:51 PM »

I've got a feeling you may get to post that a lot. It's looking like TDS is going to be a lot worse than BDS ever was.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2016, 05:38:10 PM »
I've got a feeling you may get to post that a lot. It's looking like TDS is going to be a lot worse than BDS ever was.

You're right. TDS has already set in. BDS took a while.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2016, 05:57:06 PM »
Seems it is even worse for the dummies and their Recountmas hopes:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/pennsylvania-state-department-says-stein-missed-recount-deadline/article/2608305

An excerpt:

Jill Stein has everything she needs to launch a presidential recount. She's got the cash, the grassroots fervor and the spotlight of an adoring media. But there's one thing she needs to overturn Trump's victory: a calendar.

Stein missed Pennsylvania's deadline to file for a voter-initiated recount. That blown deadline is a huge blow for Democrats who have pinned their hopes on recounts in the Keystone State, Michigan and Wisconsin.

"According to Wanda Murren, spokeswoman for the Pennsylvania Department of State," the Philadelphia Inquirer reported Monday, "the deadline for a voter-initiated recount was Monday, Nov. 21."

:lmao:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2016, 06:19:19 PM »
Seems it is even worse for the dummies and their Recountmas hopes:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/pennsylvania-state-department-says-stein-missed-recount-deadline/article/2608305

An excerpt:

:lmao:
Recountmas...has a holiday feel to it.  I like it.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2016, 06:54:05 PM »
Recountmas

:yahoo: :rofl: :cheersmate:

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2016, 07:59:13 PM »
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<primitives

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2016, 09:25:07 PM »
Mon Nov 28, 2016, 01:13 PM

Star Member frazzled (14,183 posts)
12. This is all the Wisconsin recount law provides for

I posted that last week. I felt from the beginning that anyone who donated was being suckered by Stein. It was in black-and-white in the WI recount provisions law. You should be mad at Stein more than Wisconsin: she led you to believe there would be a hand recount by some independent group, when all there ever was was a provision for a county-by-county check by the same election officials who did it the first time.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nqcL0mjMjw[/youtube]