Author Topic: Are you a Two Ton Tessie?- eating at the garbage DUmp will do that to you  (Read 471 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7760482

Robb  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-20-10 10:28 PM
Original message
Poll question: Do you consider yourself overweight?

Seeing as it's in the news again, what it means to be overweight, how many people are, etc. etc. I'm curious about DUers and how they see themselves.

...Using whatever measure you use, do you consider yourself overweight? Underweight? Just right? I'll add "very" to some of these, since this is a perception poll.

Followed by results.

Forkboy  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-20-10 10:39 PM
Response to Original message
5. My ass looks like two badly parked Volkswagons.

a la izquierda  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-20-10 10:42 PM
6. I'm about normal at the moment...

but I just quit smoking, so I've packed on about 8 pounds this month. One trip to Mexico and I'll lose about 20.

Told you to not drink the water.

greymattermom  Donating Member  (396 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Feb-20-10 10:54 PM
10. a chub

Have been for 30 years. Every time I lose weight I gain even more back, so I'm just eating healthy foods and not trying to lose anymore.

Low fat Cheetos.

Lyric  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Feb-21-10 12:05 AM
16. Yep. Obese, in fact.   Updated at 6:07 AM

Have been for most of my life, although my weight tends to vary from "merely overweight" to "send out the Sea Shepherd" depending on how bad my level of physical pain is. If I am blessed with a few months of reduced pain, I tend to lose weight because I'm able to move around. If I have a long period of serious pain, I tend to gain weight because it hurts to move around and exercise. (I have a herniated L5-S1 spinal disc, fibromyalgia, and psoriatic arthritis among other things.)

Swimming would be a great alternative for me, if only I didn't have skin and auto-immune conditions that prevent me from being able to safely use public pool facilities without risking a life-threatening infection. Perhaps someday I'll be able to afford a home with a small private pool. Until then, I just eat as normally as possible. I am grateful that at least I seem to have a clearly-established upper limit; my body won't go over 252 lbs, even if I eat what I want and get no exercise at all. That's a pretty high limit, but it's a lot better than some people get stuck with I guess.

galileoreloaded  (926 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Feb-21-10 12:39 AM
19. 6'1" 257 lbs and can hump a 100# pack 30 miles a day.

I dare ya to call me fat.

bigwillq  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Feb-21-10 12:49 AM
20. No

I feel I am about the right weight for my height.
31 (almost 32) year old male, 5-foot-3, 140 pounds. Been working out again lately..might have lost some weight (fat) but gained some muscle.

One of the DUmps effeminate males.  :lmao:

CaliforniaPeggy  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Feb-21-10 01:50 AM
22. I voted "other"...

I am a little overweight...

5'7", about 147 pounds. I'd really like to get down to 140. So I'm working out, eating sensibly and not killing myself...

I used to weight nearly 200 pounds, and I felt it, and looked awful. I was always tired. I feel a lot better these days!

25% more of CPeg.

Oldtimeralso  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Feb-21-10 03:52 AM
31. I'm not overweight at all...

I'm just 18 inches too short for my weight!

Now that one was funny.

AlienGirl  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Feb-21-10 03:52 AM
32. Underweight. I am trying hard to build muscle and increase bone density.

The ****ing ER doctor wrote that I am "thin and cachectic*" (frail and wasted). I want to be "thin and athletic."

Tucker

*Definition of Cachectic. (I had to look it up)

Cachectic: Having cachexia, physical wasting with loss of weight and muscle mass due to disease. Patients with advanced cancer, AIDS, and some other major chronic progressive diseases may appear cachectic.

rcrush  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Feb-21-10 03:44 AM
27. Yeah I developed a gut in the last couple years

I stopped giving a crap awhile ago.

Waiting for the morning crowd.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Are you a Two Ton Tessie?- eating at the garbage DUmp will do that to you
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 05:41:29 AM »
Oh my.

The gigantic primitive didn't show up at this campfire.

One wonders what's going on with the gigantic primitive.
apres moi, le deluge