Author Topic: Mexican flu touches the subway cat  (Read 1752 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Mexican flu touches the subway cat
« on: May 12, 2009, 04:51:52 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=276x9167

Now remember, I'm not being racist here, with this "Mexican flu" thing--after all, many of my clients are of Texas heritage.  It's just as if "German measles" and "the French disease" are okay, so too should be "Mexican flu."

undergroundpanther  (1000+ posts)        Mon May-11-09 01:14 AM
Original message

Swine flu has appeared in my county

guess where? At my PrP. Great.

I know the person that's got it, I was just talking to him late last week .

He goes to the peer run group I go to too. And one of the peer staff had a sore throat...friday..and she was on her laptop sitting next to me.

So far no signs of infection in me I feel ok.

But..Dammit.

Anyway nothing I can do now except take my selenium, rest, eat well,keep hydrated, and wash my hands at every given opportunity.

Probably if the subway cat were out working, dropping some of that weight, she'd be less likely to get the Mexican flu, and if she got it, the effects would be mild.

amyrose2712  (1000+ posts)        Mon May-11-09 09:04 AM
Response to Original message

1. Love your sig line...

Hope you don't get sick.

I don't want to bother going over across the river to use another computer so I can use my mole--does anybody know what the subway cat's signature line is?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mr Mannn

Re: Mexican flu touches the subway cat
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 05:14:58 AM »
I don't want to bother going over across the river to use another computer so I can use my mole--does anybody know what the subway cat's signature line is?
~: "The truth shall set you free. But first it will make you miserable."~"Thou shall not be a victim, thou shall not be a perpetrator, and above all, thou shall not be a bystander" ~ We are imprisoned in a dream of our leaders' making and it is killing us. ~~" The revolution will not be Lobotomized."
Its typical DU drivel

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 05:51:08 AM »
The lead in to another pity play by UP.  In a few days we'll here how she has a fever, runny nose, and sneezing, and she can't afford it so we need national healthcare NOW!
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 08:10:07 AM »
I didn't know it could be passed from humans to cats.  Something tells me even the swine flu wouldn't get near that thing.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 08:40:26 AM »
Wait a minute. Wasn't it just last week or maybe 2 weeks ago that the subway cat was complaining about the drugs fro the Mexican Flu interfering with it's medications?

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 09:18:41 AM »
Its typical DU drivel

Thank you, sir; it saves me the time and trouble of going over to the other side of the river to observe Skins's island as a primitive.  As you know, my moles have always operated from computers and internet service providers not mine, because I don't know how to decept, or deceive, with fake ISP numbers.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 09:22:56 AM »
Wait a minute. Wasn't it just last week or maybe 2 weeks ago that the subway cat was complaining about the drugs fro the Mexican Flu interfering with it's medications?

Yeah, it was last week.

The problem is, the subway cat is so pharmaceuticaled that even a glass of water, much less another drug, can scramble up her system, both body and mind.

I always thought it would be a good idea for the subway cat to go work at a job, and sweat all those chemicals out of her.  She'd feel better.

With the election of Pa Kettle, there was one bright spot--admittedly, only a microscopically insignificant bright spot in a black universe, but a bright spot nonetheless.

Remember, during the campaign, Ma Kettle threatened that "everybody's going to have to work" in the 0bamareich.
apres moi, le deluge