Author Topic: Conservatives act like someone FOISTED McCain onto the GOP last year...  (Read 1311 times)

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
how soon they forget -- the Dems worked very hard to give us McCain - and we returned the favor with Operation Chaos. Let the rewriting of history commence...

Quote from: Bicoastal

Bicoastal  (1000+ posts) Sat May-09-09 05:27 PM

Original message
Conservatives act like someone FOISTED McCain onto the GOP last year...

Edited on Sat May-09-09 05:28 PM by Bicoastal
...from the way they're acting right now. "They stuck us with moderates when our party is yearning for TRUE conservatism! We need to purify the party!"

Earth to the Freepers--your party nominated the guy. Republicans in numerous primary states could have gone with Huckabee or Tancredo or Brownback or Romney or even Alan Keyes, but voters wanted McCain--YOUR voters.

So spare me all of this "Republicans must stay true to our conservative roots" crap. After all, what does it say about the popularity of Right Wing Conservatism when a majority of the Republican party didn't even want to elect one President last year?

Fresh thread, no replies yet.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
"They stuck us with moderates when our party is yearning for TRUE conservatism! We need to purify the party!"

They act like there's something incorrect about that.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
They act like there's something incorrect about that.

I think that they know what would happen if a conservative came out of the primaries in 2012.  That's why they try to marginalize conservatives, and steer the GOP--with the full support of the LSM--towards a more centrist approach.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
Diamonique

1. Actually they weren't crazy about McCain.

They had a bunch of folks running, none of which excited their voters. McCain ended up winning by default, not because that's who the Republicans wanted.

After he won the nomination he wasn't drawing big crowds, there was no excitement about him at all. That's why they put Palin in as the VP pick... to get the voters excited and involved... because they were definitely not excited about McCain.

Ouch!!  Shot down by the first primitive to take notice.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Airwolf

The only reason most of had to even THINK about voting for McCain was the fact he was the only one the Party put up. Sarah Palin was the only true conservative on that ticket
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
I didn`t like any until Thompson entered the race and then he did just as he did when he chaired the Senate hearings on Clinton Chinagate...he sat back and did nothing.
Impeachment of Bubba should have grown out of that long before anyone ever heard of Monica.

McCain was the throw your hands in the air and pick someone that the media may like.
There just wasn`t the consensus support for any of the rest to fire up the base for them.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Yeah, speaking as a true-blue hard-core Republican, I have to pretty much agree with the diamond primitive, that that's what happened.

Excresence happens; one accepts, adapts, and moves on.

To the next election.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Excresence happens; one accepts, adapts, and moves on.

To the next election.

Not if you're a DUmbass.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline BlueStateSaint

Not if you're a DUmbass.

Aren't they still trying to overturn the results of the 2000 election?  Talk about being stuck in the past . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
Aren't they still trying to overturn the results of the 2000 election?  Talk about being stuck in the past . . .

I suspect they will be working that desire until the year 3000. I can fully expect them to wage a thousand-year hate campaign. Hell the British still go after the French for the happenings of 1066 and the successful Normand capture of the crown.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Correct me if I'm wrong but the first primary McCain won was an open primary and it was the indies and cross-over dems that carried him.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline BlueStateSaint

I suspect they will be working that desire until the year 3000. I can fully expect them to wage a thousand-year hate campaign. Hell the British still go after the French for the happenings of 1066 and the successful Normand capture of the crown.

The Fwench deserve it, though.

Chase her.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
Correct me if I'm wrong but the first primary McCain won was an open primary and it was the indies and cross-over dems that carried him.

Thats how I remember it - some states had open primaries, or same day voter registration and changes permitted - the Dems put together 'Republican for a Day' activities that had Dems and indies voting for McCain and Ron Paul.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Didn' McCain make a deal with one of the other candidates, I think the Huckster, in order to pool their votes and screw Romney out of a primary win in Virginia, thereby giving the momentum to McCain?
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Didn' McCain make a deal with one of the other candidates, I think the Huckster, in order to pool their votes and screw Romney out of a primary win in Virginia, thereby giving the momentum to McCain?
That too.

I was always uneasy about Schmuckabee; that little stunt cemented it for me. Not that I was a Romney fan but he was my fall-back choice after Fred Thompson and Augusto Pinochet were ruled out.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline thundley4

All I know for sure is that the MSM seemed to give much more time and positive coverage to McCain than all the other candidates combined, even FNC was guilty of this.  Now whether that is the fault of the media or some back room deal by the media and the GOP, I don't know.  The same seemed to be true about GWB , also. He came out of nowhere, almost and became the hot item for the GOP in a short time.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
after Fred Thompson and Augusto Pinochet were ruled out.

Now THAT"S funny!!!!!!!!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!