Author Topic: Why does the stock market and wall st seem to do well under Trump?  (Read 632 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
GusFring (510 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213202149

Why does the stock market and wall st seem to do well under Trump?

Is it just the lack of regulations?

:whatever:

sop (1,416 posts)

1. It did really well under Obama/Biden, too.

:loser:

GusFring (510 posts)

8. True, but it seemed to be cap. Maybe it would've went above 20k with Hilary

But for whatever reason, wall st really loves Trump. And I just don't get it. Has there been more Fed intervention or something?

:thatsright:

sop (1,416 posts)

26. I think it's just the continuation of strong gains made during the entire Obama presidency.

Trump inherited a booming economy, with very low unemployment and decreasing deficits. It took eight years of steady growth during the Obama/Biden administration to recover from the damage done by Bush to get to that point. Hillary would have probably continued the same policies.

Trump gave corporate America a huge tax cut, more deregulation and sharply increased deficit spending. McConnell's corporate-friendly judges also helped the markets. Economic numbers couldn't help but go higher. And, typically, Trump took all the credit for the Obama/Biden gains.

Now it looks like Trump has a huge problem just before the election. His "Trump economy" is crashing, and unemployment is going through the roof. I guess he didn't plan on a virus ruining his re-election chances. He took all the credit for the good, now he'll try to blame others for the bad.

Star Member kimbutgar (12,145 posts)

2. Some type of greedy sociopaths

I worked in the stock market/ financial industry and knew a lot of bastards like MF45. Money is their God and the only people, they care about are their immediate families. I got mine you’re on your own sucker mentality. And ”I worked hard why should I give my money to deadbeats or my upbringing was tough and I fought for everything I have I’m not some lazy minority”. I heard that shit all the time. I liked the money on that job but didn’t like a lot of the people at the top.

Same mentality as MF45.

:whatever:

RockRaven (5,398 posts)

5. The stock market is dominated by rich people jerking each other off...

and with Trump's tax cuts for corporations and wealthy individuals, they were feeling very frisky.

Johnny2X2X (6,646 posts)

9. Did better under Obama

Trump has lived off the Obama-Biden economy for 3 years now.

Star Member still_one (68,876 posts)

12. You realize the market is down about 30+%? Since trump has

been his office, his reckless policies from trade wars to the handling of the healthcare crisis have caused volatility and uncertainty in the markets, and because of him ignoring the risks of the current healthcare crisis 3 months ago, to getting rid of the pandemic response team, we are going into a severe recession, and possibly worse

:lol:

Star Member ProfessorGAC (37,163 posts)

34. Actually, It's Up Around 20%

That's still less than half the average annualized return under Obama.
It fell around 30% from it's high, but only spend a day below where it was on Inauguration Day 2017.
Read my post above. The fall was NOT totally based on the virus situation. It was grossly inflated.

:bird:

DrToast (5,385 posts)

15. It doesn't

The stock market and the economy does better under democrats. You’re buying his propaganda.

:thatsright:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Why does the stock market and wall st seem to do well under Trump?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 07:05:50 PM »
Might there be a correlation between which political party holds the proverbial purse strings (The House & Senate) and the stock market?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 12:48:53 AM »
It must be because Obama lowered the corporate tax rate, renegotiated trade deals, challenged unfair tariffs, reduced over-regulation to make it easier for businesses to succeed, etc...

Right?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 12:52:57 AM by DUmpDiver »

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 06:48:41 AM »
Because he's not actively trying to kill it...?
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 07:00:40 AM »
Because he's not actively trying to kill it...?

But the DemPanic over COVID-19 was orchestrated to kill the economy. That racist governor in Virginia is extending the shutdown in to June for no reason other than killing the economy. He controls the DC suburbs.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 07:18:47 AM »
GusFring (510 posts)

Why does the stock market and wall st seem to do well under Trump?

Is it just the lack of regulations?

Of course.  The Country is being run like a business for a change.  I don't see any Dems capable of governing it anymore.