Author Topic: Hoover SteamVac  (Read 11949 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Hoover SteamVac
« on: May 20, 2012, 07:41:12 PM »
Now there are two things I am sad about today.  :bawl:
Whatever you're upset about, I'll trade you.  My cat pissed on my carpet and I had to spend all afternoon looking for a carpet cleaner.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Kyle Ricky

Re: Hoover SteamVac
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 07:43:57 PM »
Whatever you're upset about, I'll trade you.  My cat pissed on my carpet and I had to spend all afternoon looking for a carpet cleaner.

That sucks. My cat did that to us one time. We ended up having to rip the carpet up and clean the floor because it seeped through. You talk about smelling. It was awful.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 07:54:41 PM »
They do it out of spite.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 08:31:58 PM »
I bought the Hoover SteamVac although I was more interested in the Bissell ProHeat.  Every store I went to had them on display but were out of stock and only had the ProHeat 2 which was nearly $100 more.

If your carpets are in good or like-new condition, this thing is great.  I've used professional carpet extractors and this is the closest thing I've found to it.  I tried those bulky Rug Doctors and found them to be mostly useless.  They were being rented for $24 a day so I figured buying one would be cheaper in the long run.

It didn't do as good a job on the heavily-trafficked areas but after six years, it's time for some new carpet anyway.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 10:11:06 PM »
Oh UGH! I've heard that cat urine is impossible to get out.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 10:13:10 PM »
I have some Resolve pre-cleaner treatment that worked last time but it took most of the week for the odor to dissipate.

Offline Dori

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 08:58:28 PM »
My sisters cat used a corner behind a chair that she didn't find for awhile.  She tried everything and it seemed like the more she cleaned it the worse the smell got.  I think she finally had to remove that part of the carpet and padding that was laid over a concrete floor.  The smell even got into the concrete.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 09:14:25 PM »
When God cursed the earth after evicting Adam and Eve from the garden, He must have been thinking of cat piss.

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 06:35:43 AM »
I helped a friend pull up the linoleum in her bath room because the cat had peed so much on it.  We even had to replace one of the ply boards because it stank so bad.