Author Topic: TN to require mandatory gun training in school as early as pre-kindergarten (no  (Read 1403 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218849377

Nevilledog (50,860 posts)

Tue Apr 9, 2024, 06:50 PM

RECOMMEND

TN to require mandatory gun training in school as early as pre-kindergarten (no opt out)
https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/politics/2024/04/08/tn-bill-to-require-age-appropriate-gun-training-in-schools-goes-to-lee/73216451007/

A bill to require public schools in Tennessee to teach children age-appropriate firearms safety concepts as early as pre-kindergarten is going to Gov. Bill Lee’s desk after a final Senate vote Thursday.

Members of the Tennessee Senate passed House Bill 2882 in a party-line vote of 24 to 3 on Thursday morning. It passed the House of Representatives in February.

If signed, school children would be taught “age-appropriate and grade-appropriate” concepts about guns beginning in the 2025-26 school year. Proponents of the safety concepts training have likened it to mandatory school fire drills.

“This curriculum would be developed to instruct children on how to properly stay away from a firearm if they happen to see a firearm, and what to do as far as reporting if they find a firearm,” said Sen. Paul Bailey, R-Sparta.

Republicans voted down an amendment Thursday that would have allowed parents to opt their children out of the instruction.

*snip*

senseandsensibility (16,813 posts)

1. OMG

Reply to Nevilledog (Original post)
Tue Apr 9, 2024, 06:51 PM

We're in bizarro world.

Rebl2 (13,390 posts)

7. My same thoughts

bbrady42 (175 posts)

2. Talk about grooming

snowybirdie (5,207 posts)

9. And what subject

Tue Apr 9, 2024, 07:01 PM

is deleted so they can find the time for this? Math, social Studies, reading?

Celerity (42,903 posts)

10. Schools would be required to provide instruction on:

Safe storage of firearms.

Safety relating to firearms.

How to avoid injury if a student finds a firearm.

Never to touch a found firearm.

To immediately notify an adult of the location of a found firearm.

kimbutgar (20,982 posts)

21. Obviously these idiots are not around young children

Tue Apr 9, 2024, 07:35 PM

kids that young has zero impulse control and are overly emotional!

What could go wrong?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Old n Grumpy

Teaching about sexual perversion and abortion is fine with them :thatsright: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
Just saw a story yesterday about a technical adult (18yo) who knew that mom kept a gun under the car seat, went and got it to look cool, then was playing with some younger kids and their Nerf guns, pulled out the real gun, with a nerf gun, pointed them both at a 13 year old, and "accidentally" pulled the trigger on the real gun, not the toy.  Thirteen year old died. 

Hey DUmp flies, imagine if his school had taught him basic gun safety and respect for firearms. 

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/13-year-old-dies-phoenix-teen-pulls-out-real-gun-during-nerf-gun-fight/75-34106ecc-afef-479e-af3b-790a2f2ab357
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
It's gun safety training, not gun training.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline SVPete

It takes a DUmmie to be outraged at, "teaching children age-appropriate firearms safety concepts as early as pre-kindergarten". Do they really want/need children accidentally shooting themselves or others?

It says something about DU-Denizens that it took 10 Replies before someone posted some degree of sense:

Celerity (42,903 posts)

10. Schools would be required to provide instruction on:

Safe storage of firearms.

Safety relating to firearms.

How to avoid injury if a student finds a firearm.

Never to touch a found firearm.

To immediately notify an adult of the location of a found firearm.

Then there's kimbutgar:

kimbutgar (20,982 posts)

21. Obviously these idiots are not around young children
kids that young has zero impulse control and are overly emotional!

What could go wrong?

There are tens of millions of US households that both have young children and guns. Why haven't there been millions or 10s of millions of kids accidentally shooting themselves or family members or acquaintances? If young children really "have zero impulse control" and are too "overly emotional" to be taught, why are children taught "Stranger Danger" to prevent sexual abuse and kidnapping?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
It's gun safety training, not gun training.

As opposed to the obvious non sequitur of special rights for teh Gheys, :whatever: I'm sure the DUm'Rats see the slippery slope quite clearly here.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Old n Grumpy

that young has zero impulse control and are overly emotional!

Sounds like all the members of the dump  :thatsright: :loser: :lmao: :lmao: :rotf: :rotf:   
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

Sounds like all the members of the dump  :thatsright: :loser: :lmao: :lmao: :rotf: :rotf:

Most DU-folk are waddlers rather than toddlers.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
Most DU-folk are waddlers rather than toddlers.

Insert nadler pic here...
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline 67 Rover

And what subject is deleted so they can find the time for this? Math, social Studies, reading?

Let's start with drag queen story hour and just in case add in some bonus time by eliminating the butt plug training in case they run a little over in the gun safety Q&A time.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

9. And what subject

Did you ask that when placing condoms on cucumbers started taking up class time?

Did you ask that when teaching non-whites to hate whites and teaching whites to hate themselves started taking up class time?

Did you ask that when teaching girls that the boys in their class were all potential rapists started taking up class time?

Did you ask that when teaching how to do do oral and anal sex started taking up class time? When teaching that abortion is good taking up class time?

Offline Airwolf

It takes a DUmmie to be outraged at, "teaching children age-appropriate firearms safety concepts as early as pre-kindergarten". Do they really want/need children accidentally shooting themselves or others?

It says something about DU-Denizens that it took 10 Replies before someone posted some degree of sense:

Then there's kimbutgar:

There are tens of millions of US households that both have young children and guns. Why haven't there been millions or 10s of millions of kids accidentally shooting themselves or family members or acquaintances? If young children really "have zero impulse control" and are too "overly emotional" to be taught, why are children taught "Stranger Danger" to prevent sexual abuse and kidnapping?

I learned to shoot my grandfathers M-1911 he brought back from WW1 when I was about 6-7 years old. I never shot anyone and i only have had one time that I needed to use a real gun in self defense at my job after some nut job shot his daughters ex in the bacl of the head at work one night. I was working as a security guard at a store in Omaha helping the night manager close down the registers and we went to get a drink at the deli when the shooter shows up with a .40 cal Glock and if it wasn't for the two of us meeting him in the deli area who knows what would have happened. After we got the gun away from him at gunpoint and had him searched for more weapons I found the body outside with three bullet holes in him. There's a ton  more that went on but the thing is I could have shot him when it looed like he was reaching for something in his sleeves and i had caught movement in my eyes but I didn't shoot. He;s lucky to be alive still today.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline jukin

Dumbass DUchebags never afraid to show their infinite ignorance about any subject. In fact they are proud of their ignorance and love to demonstrate it.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator

9. And what subject

Adadicktome studies would be my suggestion.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BamaMoose

The Dems, yet again, showing they are more interested in gun-grabbing than gun safety. Using DU logic, teaching children about fire safety and having fire drills must create a bunch of arsonists.