Author Topic: Another brother bouncy: My Trumper brother has left the Republican party.  (Read 568 times)

Offline DUmpDiver

KentuckyWoman (4,299 posts)

My Trumper brother has left the Republican party.
In fact, he says he was wrong about Trump. I about had to call 911 I was so shocked.

It was the attack at the Capital that did it. He said the first few weeks after the election he believed the claims of election fraud. But once it became clear that was not the case the GOP should have made sure America was better informed instead of allowing Trump and media to claim the election was stolen. Especially after the Capital was attacked, he thinks Republicans should be the ones out front in demanding justice, including conviction of Donald Trump and barring him from any future in politics.

He said he still supports the initiatives Trump said he wanted to accomplish, but he can't support anyone who openly calls for war against our own government. He think Donald's ego just got too big and it turned ugly. My brother does not want a dictator.

This doesn't mean dear brother is suddenly turned progressive. NO. In fact he's made the change because he can see the GOP is killing itself off.

If Trump has lost my brother, I just have to wonder how it is going in other Trumper heads. I cannot even convey how shocking this is to me. I almost lost my brother over Trump. It took a lot of effort to keep it going.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215040483

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Another brother bouncy: My Trumper brother has left the Republican party.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 01:20:40 AM »
Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Sure, sure, sure.

Given the primitives' track record for lying, there's really no point in wasting time finding ways of refuting the primitive's story.  It's just easier to accept that it's a lie.

When the primitives stop lying, we'll start believing them.  But not until then.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 08:39:25 AM »
Real story, brother changed party affiliation from the GOP to independent because of their horrible treatment of Trump and falling over themselves to return to the good old days of making platitudes and doing nothing, but KentuckyWoman (isn't that name gender biased?) just heard that which she wanted to hear and that which would attract points (flys?) on the DUmp. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 09:01:07 AM »
...  he can't support anyone who openly calls for war against our own government.

Either Trumper brother is too damn stupid to know he should reject MSM and Dems' talking points out of hand or this is an artifact proving this is fiction. Simply because Trump said nothing resembling a "call for war against our own government". IMO, if Trumper brother is disaffected with the R Party it's over jackasses like RINO Romney.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 09:46:09 AM »
Real story, brother changed party affiliation from the GOP to independent because of their horrible treatment of Trump and falling over themselves to return to the good old days of making platitudes and doing nothing, but KentuckyWoman (isn't that name gender biased?) just heard that which she wanted to hear and that which would attract points (flys?) on the DUmp.
That's exactly what I did a few weeks ago when mcconnell showed his true colors.  I was a long time registered independent but switched to republican a few years ago as a sigh of support to President Trump.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2021, 10:00:27 AM »
Yeah, not believable within the parameters of the explanation.

In other words, he's leaving 'the Party' coincidentally at the same exact time that Big Tech was deplatforming, cancelling, and attempting to blacklist Trump-supporters.

At the very least, that only merits a huge 'so what?'... 

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2021, 06:24:27 PM »
 :diebouncy:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du