Author Topic: Christopher Dodd's jaw dropping comments on the mortgage crisis  (Read 489 times)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
You have to read it 1st:

http://blogs.forbes.com/beltway/2010/06/06/financial-reform-ready-fire-aim/?boxes=businesschanneltopstories

Some quotes are too good to ignore, including the following one by my friend Mike Durante, founder of Western Reserve Hedge Fund in Dallas and a former Federal Reserve bank examiner.*

. . . some of us . . . have consistently referred to the hypocrisy of President Obama’s so-termed ‘Comprehensive Financial Reform’ so we never ever ever never ever never again experience a housing crisis again which EXCLUDES HUD, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, GMAC, Car Dealers, Chrysler Credit and R/E attorneys. Instead we are to believe we need 3,000 pages that attack credit card transaction fees, derivatives trading, profits and banker compensation as a means to promote no future housing frivolity.

So, here comes the good intending Bob Croker (R-TN) of the Senate Banking Committee offering-up a simple piece of legislation this past week which would require at least a 5% down payment on a mortgage to be acceptable to Fannie and Freddie.

So, here comes the Democrats and shoot it DOWN on a straight party line vote 57-42.

Senate Banking Committee Chairman Chris Dodd explained the universally accepted Democrats rationale for voting against down payments on taxpayer-backed mortgages.

Chris Dodd (D-Conn) explained:  “. . . passage of such a requirement would restrict home ownership to only those who can afford it.”

Homeownership should only be intended for people who can afford it and are serious about it. Hubby and I had to put 20% down, was it easy? no, but when people had to put 20% down you knew they were serious about the purchase because it was their money being used, but when you hand a house to someone then there's no pride in ownership because they didn't have to work for it.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Christopher Dodd's jaw dropping comments on the mortgage crisis
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 02:21:51 PM »
Homeownership should only be intended for people who can afford it and are serious about it. Hubby and I had to put 20% down, was it easy? no, but when people had to put 20% down you knew they were serious about the purchase because it was their money being used, but when you hand a house to someone then there's no pride in ownership because they didn't have to work for it.

I think MOST people who are buying homes are very serious.  We just see the stories of idiocy...the morons who just walk away from a mortgage are the ones who make the headlines, not those of us who pay our mortgage every month without fail.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline longview

Re: Christopher Dodd's jaw dropping comments on the mortgage crisis
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 05:12:17 PM »
I didn't think anything would really change yet.  I wonder what it will take?