Author Topic: The development news about the Key Bridge is horrible.  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
The development news about the Key Bridge is horrible.
« on: March 26, 2024, 06:17:19 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218810027

imanamerican63 (13,662 posts)

Tue Mar 26, 2024, 06:51 AM

RECOMMEND

The development news about the Key Bridge is horrible.
The bridge was struck by a cargo ship.

I’m afraid people will take the opportunity and advantage to boast themselves making unwarranted comments and claims.

Hopefully the media will not give them any credence to their claims.

This was horrible and needs to be addressed as an accident and nothing else.

I pray for those who were on the bridge at the time of the accident.

DUmmies know what they would do if Trump was president.  They would excoriate him as this being his fault and now they're afraid of what is coming.  Democrats surround this whole thing and it terrifies them, especially in an election year.

Wait, it won't be long and they will find SOME piece of solid evidence to prove that Trump himself inspected that bridge and is solely responsible for this accident.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
Re: The development news about the Key Bridge is horrible.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 09:24:18 AM »
Of course, they are still going to find a way to blame Trump and Republicans for this disaster.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2024, 09:31:39 AM »
imanamerican63 (13,662 posts)
I’m afraid people will take the opportunity and advantage to boast themselves making unwarranted comments and claims.

Hopefully the media will not give them any credence to their claims.

This was horrible and needs to be addressed as an accident and nothing else.

I wonder who imanamerican63 has in mind with "unwarranted comments and claims". Conspiracy-theorists are not solely of one political party/inclination. I looked through the thread about this on another Conservative discussion site and did find one post saying the ship turned toward the bridge (which is true) and that it looked intentional. Other posts are just giving information, with a couple saying the turn probably was not intentional. As for the member who claimed it looked intentional, she's a known CTist fruitcake who love posting links to clickbait sites.

OTOH, I wonder if imanamerican63's comment is double-edged, a hope that DUpipo won't try to blame Trump or MAGApublicans or "Christian Nationalists". I man, Trump did extinct the dinosaurs, right?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2024, 10:19:06 AM »
Of course, they are still going to find a way to blame Trump and Republicans for this disaster.

President Trump was seen recently with a 10mm socket wrench so......
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2024, 10:45:45 AM »

I'm waiting to see a rabbit hutch, cinder blocks, and kerosene experiment to prove it was MIHOP orchestrated by the Evil Orange Menace.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2024, 04:24:07 PM »
I'm waiting to see a rabbit hutch, cinder blocks, and kerosene experiment to prove it was MIHOP orchestrated by the Evil Orange Menace.

Nobody expects the VRWC!!!!!!!
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2024, 04:57:05 PM »
I’m sure pretty soon. We’ll hear from transportation secretary, Pete, butt plug about what happened. it’s possible that this was a racist bridge and that’s why the ship took it out
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2024, 05:12:22 PM »
Why almost like every gun shooting to ever happen until it is found out that it was a tranny or black that committed the gun murder.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2024, 05:56:09 PM »
A ship hit a bridge and it collapsed, what is political about that?

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2024, 06:37:05 PM »

Well from what I heard from those in the know it went down like this:

So, Trump in a drug induced rage boarded the vessel at 1am, while eating his Big Mac in the galley he threw the meal against the wall and stormed out.  He approached the bridge and suddenly felt a need to head to the Capital and lunged for the helm and turned off the power to the ship as everyone was trying to fight him off. After they removed him and got power back, jumping out of the bushes on the bridge wing Trump grabbed the helm and steered it for the bridge.  This was everyone watching started to applaud

You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2024, 07:23:11 PM »
this lardass is probably saying all this at every truck stop he passes. Buck stops at the top, Marc, you're a big Biden supporter AND a big  Buttgag supporter.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2024, 07:24:57 PM »
I’m sure pretty soon. We’ll hear from transportation secretary, Pete, butt plug about what happened. it’s possible that this was a racist bridge and that’s why the ship took it out

Already seen video of Pete ButtPlugs saying exactly that: that the bridge was faulty because of the inherent racism of the engineer that designed it. I would have laughed out loud if it hadn't been exactly what I was expecting to escape from his cock holster...

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2024, 10:14:01 PM »

Amishman (5,538 posts)
11. I expect them to exploit this and can see the avenue of attack

This will be exploited using their well worn 'America First' talking point.

I expect them to criticize the lack of updates made to the bridge for decades following the Sunshine Skyway collapse in 1980. They'll claim were spending too much money on foreign countries when we should be spending it here on security. I also expect them to reference Ukraine assistance spending in that attack as well.

How many billions did BIDEN send to Ukraine?  :confused:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2024, 03:12:18 AM »
They don't have to look far for conspiracy theories.  Only four hours after the accident one of their "wisest" posters tried to start one:

PCIntern (25,332 posts)
Tue Mar 26, 2024, 05:20 AM

Ummm...I don't mean to sound like a lunatic
but I just saw a sped-up video of the collision and it really looks like the ship swung toward the support as though it were aiming for it.

Sorry…I’m a lunatic sometimes.

They also get to show off just how smart they are:

PCIntern (25,332 posts)
5. As an aside:

To show you AGAIN what a schmuck Jonathan Lemire is, he said “partial bridge collapse”. This asshole needs a new pair of glasses.

MissB (15,800 posts)
6. I mean

Maybe there is a foot or so on each side still standing? Holy crap.

AmBlue (3,077 posts)
10. I noticed that too

What an idiot.

Oops, they get corrected:

sarisataka (18,185 posts)
12. The overall bridge length is over 8,600 ft

the center 1,200 ft has collapsed.

So he is right, it is a "partial bridge collapse"

EYESORE 9001 (25,807 posts)
9. My mind takes me on some wild rides sometimes

Immediately after seeing speculation about power loss, I wondered whether it could be sabotage - something that the crew managed to do a work-around, alas, too late. I will refrain from further speculation until details emerge. In the meantime, I expect the CT blogosphere to go ape-shit.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218809935

As far as people taking the opportunity and advantage to boast themselves making unwarranted comments and claims, maybe the DUmp should take a look at Biden's press conference about the accident, where he said the following:

At about 1:30, a container ship struck the Francis Scott Key Bridge, which I’ve been over many, many times commuting from the state of Delaware either on a train or by car.

Unfortunately, there are no train tracks crossing the Francis Scott Key Bridge.  He lied yet again to try to show what a man of the people he is and how personal this accident is to him.  He never misses an opportunity to fabricate a story if the truth doesn't put the spotlight on him.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2024, 06:13:40 AM »
Apparently, this is not the first incident with the ship, it crashed into a dock once before, and has had other mechanical problems.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2024, 10:08:30 AM »
PCIntern (25,332 posts)
Tue Mar 26, 2024, 05:20 AM

Ummm...I don't mean to sound like a lunatic
but I just saw a sped-up video of the collision and it really looks like the ship swung toward the support as though it were aiming for it.

Sorry…I’m a lunatic sometimes.

So DUmmie PCIntern knows:

* The powerless ship was not turned by the current or tide;

* The powerless ship was not turned by wind against its huge side;

* The rudder did not jam starboard when the ship lost power?

Sorry, DUmmie PCIntern, this was not done by the MAGApublican you seek.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2024, 12:27:26 PM »
Imagine being so stupid as to think that 'America First' is simply a talking point.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2024, 12:49:29 PM »
Ummm...I don't mean to sound like a lunatic. but somehow you always manage it

I watched this in slow motion, and I saw Trump in a Rowboat pushing the ship into the bridge.