Author Topic: 2013: #10 Top DUmmie (Pretzel_Warrior)  (Read 6991 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
2013: #10 Top DUmmie (Pretzel_Warrior)
« on: December 24, 2013, 08:04:04 PM »
Congratulations to Pretzel_Warrior, #10 Top DUmmie of 2013!

This is the pretzel’s first appearance, ever, in the Top DUmmies, which makes it not a rare, but at least an unusual, occurrence.

One is at a disadvantage here, because I never paid much attention to the pretzel who, until this new rise to fame, was one of the lumpenunterprimitiven, part of the faceless lynch mob that is much of Skins’s island; one of the PonP (primitives of no prominence).

<<<pays attention only to PoP (primitives of prominence).

- - - - - - - - - -

The pretzel’s first appearance in the Dumpster was shortly after the elections of 2008.

#PretzelWarrior (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-06-08 02:53 AM
Original message

I'm retarded, I know. But I just sent an email to Secret Service asking they do everything they have done for others who were president-elect and president. I want Mr. Obama and his entire family (even thinking of his grandmother in Kenya, quite frankly) protected. I believe this is a "spare no expense" kind of thing.

I hope the Grant Park thing is the most exposed he will ever be again. I just can't handle the drama with so many bitter people with their guns (LITERALLY).

The information regarding that government agency is here: http://www.secretservice.gov /

#sandnsea (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-06-08 02:55 AM
Response to Original message

1. He's gotten more protection earlier than any other candidate. Did you not see the 6 agents around him in Virginia? They're doing everything they can.

#PretzelWarrior (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-06-08 03:08 AM
Response to Reply #1

2. yeah. it just didn't dawn on me until today how freaked I was about it.

I know the Secret Service are good. What a tough assignment in these times.

#sandnsea (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-06-08 03:09 AM
Response to Reply #2

3. I am too

I try not to think about it, but my PTSD tendencies pop up every now and again. I just remember all those agents and put any ugliness out of my head.

#MercutioATC (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-06-08 03:38 AM
Response to Reply #2

4. They're better than good...they're the best.

Nobody's infallible, but these guys are as close as you can get. This isn't a job for them, it's a religion.

#ROh70 (340 posts) Thu Nov-06-08 03:41 AM

5. I'm glad to know about the bullet proof glass barrier between Obama ad the crowd.

But, how can the guy just walk out in public? When he went trick or treating with his daughter, wasn't he exposed to possible attack?

#PretzelWarrior (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-06-08 03:42 AM
Response to Reply #5

7. yeah. I didn't mention it back then.but it was on my mind.

like I said, I hope a whole new episode in arranging his days and where he goes receives MUCH more scrutiny.

#demokatgurrl (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-06-08 09:31 AM
Response to Reply #5

27. Sadly, he won't be doing that very much anymore, especially

with his kids. People won't be touching him the way they've been allowed to during the campaign.

The one event that still troubles me is the inaguration. I know it is supposed to be open to everyone but I almost wish they'd hold it in the Rose Garden with TV cameras.

#Bippity Boo (312 posts) Thu Nov-06-08 03:41 AM

6. Uh-oh. You may be on a watch list now...

Hope not, but that's the paranoid way my mind works. If someone sends them a warning to protect the President, they may make a note of it...

#PretzelWarrior (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-06-08 03:43 AM
Response to Reply #6

8. yeah. I thought of that. but I don't care.

#lapfog_1 (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-06-08 04:10 AM
Response to Reply #6

12. mark my words... the OP is now definately in the database.

#ecstatic (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-06-08 08:29 AM
Response to Reply #12

23. LMAO

#Zombie2 (678 posts) Thu Nov-06-08 03:46 AM

9. Your message sounds like some kind of encoded threats....

They're going to be keeping a close eye on you from here on out.

#PretzelWarrior (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-06-08 03:48 AM
Response to Reply #9

10. fine by me. I have nothing to hide.

#pecwae (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-06-08 07:36 AM
Response to Reply #10

15. "I have nothing to hide."

That has a familiar ring. Wasn't this the refrain about the Patriot Act?

#dissemination (80 posts) Thu Nov-06-08 07:49 AM
Response to Reply #15

16. sure was.

#No Elephants (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-06-08 03:57 AM

11. Don't talk about this crap. If you get a threat or are being stalked, the first thing they tell you is DO NOT MENTION IT PUBLICLY. If people really care about the safety of the Obamas, just be quiet.

#leftofcool (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-06-08 05:18 AM

13. Is there a reason you need to talk about this in a public forum?

#greguganus (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-06-08 05:21 AM

14. You are now on the SS Retarded List.

#harun (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-06-08 08:41 AM
Response to Reply #14

26. LOL

#blondeatlast (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-06-08 07:54 AM

17. A Secret Service agent is a close friend of my family. These guys and gals take their jobs very seriously even when they dislike the candidate. My friend was always assigned to Bush's detail when Bush was in his area. I can assure you he didn't support the man's politics but he'd take a bullet for him in a New York millisecond.

That's his job and he does it very, very well.

#choie (899 posts) Thu Nov-06-08 07:58 AM

18. What makes you think they wouldn't 'do everything'?

C'mon, I understand your worry but these people are extreme professionals and are already covering him assiduously, moreso than for others in position (according to that UK article). If I received a letter like that, I'd feel insulted (and as others have said, threatened) by such implications.

#cwydro (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-06-08 08:14 AM
Response to Reply #18

19. I agree.

The fact that the OP seems to think the Secret Service needs to be prodded to do their jobs is insulting and actually astounding to me.

They are professionals.

#LostinVA (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-06-08 08:19 AM

20. "Retarded," as per Skinner himself, is against DU rules

I REALLY dislike seeing it used here.

#cwydro (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-06-08 08:26 AM
Response to Reply #20

22. Thanks, I wanted to say that and didn't.

Sometimes I think people will never get it. Even on DU.

#rdublue (163 posts) Thu Nov-06-08 08:23 AM

21. They have closed off Obama's street in Hyde Park and surrounding streets for a block (link below)

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2008/11/obama_street_fo...

#Blue_Roses (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-06-08 09:53 AM
Response to Reply #21

28. wow--that is awesome!

these guys don't fool around!

#MJkcj (167 posts) Thu Nov-06-08 08:37 AM

24. Morning Joe was saying he saw a lot of SS around Obama

he was commenting on the number of SS around Obama as he went to the gym yesterday and then they showed how McCain had none. joe says it a couple of times as if he is baiting someone to comment on how its wrong or something but no one took the Bait.

Joe is such a sleeezy idiot. I know everyone is gonna jump all over me for watching it...

but I enjoyed the fact that tweety really stood up to him. If more people do that maybe Joe will scale back the attack dog mode....

#ogneopasno (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-06-08 08:39 AM

25. I highly doubt that you're retarded. If you mean you're being foolish, use that word.

#The Magistrate (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-06-08 10:32 AM

29. Locking

Please avoid this sort of usage of 'retarded' or 'retard'. If you want to say you think you are being foolish or stupid, say so.

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,16621.0

- - - - - - - - - -

Inbetweentimes, the pretzel added a little bit to the inventory of the DUmpster, but it was just so many cases of canned green beans coming down the conveyor off the truck; just canned green beans, of little or no interest, and probably destined to be donated by primitives to food pantries.

The pretzel first showed up here in the DUmpster in November of this year, attempting to mole as “Washington_Conservative,” but flopped.  It’s after all much easier for a sane person to masquerade as a primitive, than it is for a primitive to play-act a decent and civilized person.

He caused a stir in both the DUmpster and the DUmping Ground, but to be honest, given his utter blandness and lack of depth, this award-writer didn’t pay much attention to him.

And besides, a moderator’s not supposed to get involved in controversies; one’s job is to merely stand above the fray, and interfere only if things get out of hand, which they didn’t in this case.

<<<learned lesson when :jugs:  :yahoo:  was here, and unwittingly offended her with an innocuous avatar.

- - - - - - - - - -

I will say, however, that the pretzel’s comments regarding the scamdal of nearly nine years ago jarred these particular nerves.

Star Member Pretzel_Warrior (5,684 posts)   Sun Dec 15, 2013, 02:45 AM

Andy Stephenson. I still can't wrap my head around the hate.

When I think about the malicious response to what DU tried to do in helping Andy Stephenson with his grievous illness, I believe it was outright jealousy and mean-spiritedness that fueled efforts to malign Andy and others during that whole sequence of events.

It is beyond ironic those same evil bastards believe they are the "real Americans" that understand what honor and dignity are. They wrap themselves in the flag and quote the Bible as "solid religous folk".

They had better hope there is no God above watching what they do every day. Because if there is an almighty, they are for certain going down into everlasting Hellfires of Gehenna.

This was a Seattle Times column I'm sure was linked many times before that I just read about it.

http://seattletimes.com/h...s/2002382738_danny15.html

This does seem a bit out of the blue, I am sure. But I happen to know that up until this very day the people most central to that smear job on Andy and DU are still crowing about it as though it is something to be proud of instead of something one should beg everlasting forgiveness for.

As a side note, anyone know what EFerrari is doing? Does she post at DU?

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,93299.0/

As an insider, let me say this about that: the late red round one had pancreatic surgery performed on him in late February 2005, two months before poor stupid Beth’s scam got underway.  Such surgery was unsuccessful, and the red round one, then not quite late, accepted his fate with an equanimity that, given his character, was surprisingly balanced and mature.

Poor stupid Beth at the same time was undergoing severe financial stress and marital disentanglement.

There was no “hate” involved in this advocacy of open and honest fund-raisers; out of pure compassion for the gullible primitives, it was an attempt by decent and civilized people to prevent the primitives from being cheated; some people need protected from their self-destructive impulses.

On the Head of St. John the Baptist, one swears it was done out of simple Christian charity, no other reason.

The bottom line however was that it was not the primitives who got gulled--primitives, while generous with other people’s money, are notoriously stingy with their own, or primitives are just too penniless in the first place, to donate anything other than “good wishes” and “healing white light.”

The fund-raiser didn’t raise anywhere near the money poor stupid Beth alleged it was raising, but it raised some…..most of it from what are usually decent and civilized people who felt “guilty” about “our side” “picking on a poor dying man.”

Which of course was contemptible nonsense.

- - - - - - - - - -

So again, congratulations to Pretzel_Warrior, #10 Top DUmmie of 2013!

But someone explain to me, please, why he made the cut.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 06:11:17 PM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: 2013: #10 Top DUmmie
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 08:10:46 PM »
Congratulations, turd.  You finally accomplished something. :)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 08:13:14 PM »
Congratulations, turd.  You finally accomplished something. :)

I thought it was funny, the very first time he was ever quoted here in the DUmpster, it was "I'm retarded, I know....."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 08:14:06 PM »
... one of the lumpenunterprimitiven, part of the faceless lynch mob that is much of Skins’s island; one of the PonP (primitives of no prominence).

He still is despite coming in #10.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 08:17:34 PM »
He was voted in by casual visitors who had no idea how tiny his entertainment contributions are.

He made a couple of loud, vulgar efforts just prior to and during the voting period, and casual voters noticed his campaigning.

Every single DUmmy in positions 11-20 was more deserving than this douchebag.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 08:18:52 PM »
DUmmy Pretzel Warrior says racist stuff about Obama:

He pretends congress isn't doing anything to help America, but they are just trying to minimze the damage until we get ours in the WH.

We need to get the house back to being a WHITE HOUSE!

DUmmy Pretzel Warrior doesn't like minorities:

It's our country. (Whether England or the U.S.) If you don't like it--get out!  Become a pig farmer in Saudi Arabia or something.  :rotf:

DUmmy Pretzel Warrior is an illiterate boob:

did you see that movie about these Iwo Jima flag raising guys?

He also posts in the thread titles, just like DU. 

You may as well tattoo a big "DU" on your forehead.

Not a very good mole.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 08:19:32 PM »
I thought it was funny, the very first time he was ever quoted here in the DUmpster, it was "I'm retarded, I know....."
Exactly. :lmao:

If you voted for this twat, you wasted a vote.  Congratulations.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2013, 08:32:35 PM »
Exactly. :lmao:

If you voted for this twat, you wasted a vote.  Congratulations.

It was better than voting NYC_SKP's mole DOTY last year.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2013, 09:20:58 PM »
You know if we're allowing people to vote who aren't consistent members here then we're doing ourselves a huge disfavor. Those who are here doing the heavy lifting are the ones who need to be the only voters.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2013, 09:27:07 PM »
You know if we're allowing people to vote who aren't consistent members here then we're doing ourselves a huge disfavor. Those who are here doing the heavy lifting are the ones who need to be the only voters.

But what's your definition of "heavy lifters"?

One criteria I'd thought about using for voting eligibility was number of posts, but that wouldn't have worked.

After all, there's many good and solid members here who show up every day, but don't talk much.

And there's many new members here who've actually lurked a long time--one, two, years--before registering.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2013, 09:36:30 PM »
But what's your definition of "heavy lifters"?

I think most of us know all of us who keep The DUmpster viable from day to day.

Never mind me. I just hate this dimwit even got a vote. He doesn't deserve to be alive, much less be recognized.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2013, 01:42:27 AM »
I didn't waste a vote on the bald headed douchebag, but I can understand how more casual posters or new people may have voted for him.  

Heck, I bet if I looked back on my first ballot I cast for DOTY, I'd probably be smacking my head and asking myself why I voted for some of the people I did, and I even lurked for some time before joining.  

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2013, 02:30:17 AM »
"But someone explain to me, please, why he made the cut."

Possibly, his gun grabber-ness amplified his...positioning.

CMD
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2013, 02:39:56 AM »
Curtis may have also garnered some of his votes due to his disturbing resemblance to Wallace Shawn from The Princess Bride:

« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 02:44:21 AM by BattleHymn »

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2013, 05:31:09 AM »
I didn't vote for him. He's still a drek.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2013, 06:44:18 AM »
The pretzelpu**y primitive is an old used flashbulb.
Goes "pop", once, and it's done.
Even the "pop" was pathetic. He expected his fellow DUmp monkeys to congratulate him on his trolling.
He got nothing from them, he got nothing from me.
 :loser:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline SarasotaRepub

• eeeeeeevil ReThug
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2013, 07:08:52 AM »
Congrats to PW!!! You deserve coming in 10th!!!  :-)
Vader Rules!

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2013, 07:13:43 AM »
Never mind me. I just hate this dimwit even got a vote. He doesn't deserve to be alive, much less be recognized.

Yeah, it's cool, it's copacetic; don't mind my grousing either.

It's just one of those situations where one has to write about a primitive of whom one's ignorant, never heard of him or only ever heard a little bit about him.

Mr. Wiggum, who used to write the awards, has sympathized with me in the past on this, because it used to happen to him too.

Of the nine remaining top DUmmies, and including the CCA for a total of ten, there's three (the pretzel being one of them) that cause me to go "uh....."

The other seven, I know like the back of my hand, and those awards are likely to come off the keyboard as slick and easily as a pig sliding on ice.

But.....excresence happens, and one can't give a primitive the full franksolich treatment; one accepts, adapts, does what one can do, and moves on.

And thus my apologies to the pretzel for not giving him the full franksolich treatment.  I did the best I could do.

Look for #09 Top DUmmie about suppertime today, Christmas.  
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 07:18:00 AM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2013, 07:25:29 AM »
In case one's curious, in addition to this #10 Top DUmmie, #09 Top DUmmie and #07 Top DUmmie--well, don't get the expectations up too highly, because those are the other two that made me go, "uh....who?"

But all the rest are gonna get the full franksolich treatment.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2013, 07:28:16 AM »
Congrats to PW!!! You deserve coming in 10th!!!  :-)

. . . in a 9-person contest.

I didn't even consider this fool . . . naah, that's an insult to fools everywhere.  I didn't even consider this inDUHvidual.  (Ever notice that the first two letters of DUH are DU?)

He's not worthy.  A drek primitive, if I ever saw one.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2013, 07:34:43 AM »
. . . in a 9-person contest.

I didn't even consider this fool . . . naah, that's an insult to fools everywhere.  I didn't even consider this inDUHvidual.  (Ever notice that the first two letters of DUH are DU?)

He's not worthy.  A drek primitive, if I ever saw one.

Oh now, I wouldn't call him a drek primitive; that's pretty low.

Good examples of drek primitives are the dysmenopausal Kansas schoolteacher Anne, the defrocked warped primitive, Ms. Ed the unappellated eohippus, the vindictive primitive "Vinca," the IanDavid skumbag; the sorts of primitives whom, if there was ever a need for abortion, these sleazeballs, they'd do.

I'd keep the pretzel in the lumpenunterprimitiven category myself.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2013, 08:13:45 AM »
Oh now, I wouldn't call him a drek primitive; that's pretty low.

Good examples of drek primitives are the dysmenopausal Kansas schoolteacher Anne, the defrocked warped primitive, Ms. Ed the unappellated eohippus, the vindictive primitive "Vinca," the IanDavid skumbag; the sorts of primitives whom, if there was ever a need for abortion, these sleazeballs, they'd do.

I sit corrected, then.  You have a point.

Merry Christmas, Coach!  (Got a pretty funny Christmas story that just happened, but I don't want to post it for the world to view.)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2013, 12:27:56 PM »

An off-the-point question that I have not nadined. From some laborious reading of Russian fiction, I got the idea that nouns ending in -ven were the plural form of nouns that end in -if, so primitiven would be the plural of primitif. Is that right? (Don't even know if those are actually words.)

Maybe someone with experience in the socialist paradises of workers and peasants with free medical care for all would know the answer to that.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2013, 01:33:10 PM »
An off-the-point question that I have not nadined. From some laborious reading of Russian fiction, I got the idea that nouns ending in -ven were the plural form of nouns that end in -if, so primitiven would be the plural of primitif. Is that right? (Don't even know if those are actually words.)

Maybe someone with experience in the socialist paradises of workers and peasants with free medical care for all would know the answer to that.

I'm not sure if primitiven, meant as the plural of the German primitiv, is a real word or not.

In real life, I have the habit of inventing "words" because there's a lot of language and vocabulary that I miss out on, due to deafness.  If it's not a word, I'll bet however it's damn close to being a real word.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2013, 04:51:05 PM »
Okay, this one is kind of vanilla, but I can see why he placed tenth. He used to use his actual picture in an avatar and he was quite prolific at the DUmp all year long. I thought he especially shined during the Zimmerman ordeal, and that's before he signed up here and did his awful attempt at moling.