Author Topic: Republicans out-raised Democrats for national committees  (Read 2663 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Republicans out-raised Democrats for national committees
« on: January 03, 2008, 10:26:58 AM »
When it comes to fund-raising, Democrats have outpaced Republicans almost across the board. The lone exception is the Republican National Committee, which reported yesterday that it had raised $83 million for the year, easily topping the Democratic National Committee, which had raised $50.5 million in the first 11 months of 2007.
Republicans say that this cash pile — the Republican committee has $17.2 million on hand, compared to the $2.8 million the Democratic committee reported — should help the Republican presidential nominee in the fall.

“Our significant fund-raising advantage over the D.N.C.,” said Alex Conant, a spokesman for the Republican committee, “will put the Republican nominee in a strong position in the general election, with the resources to communicate our message and mobilize voters.”

The Republicans’ yield reflects the tireless, cross-country efforts of President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney, who put the bulk of what they raised toward the Republican National Committee, not to individual candidates or to Senate and House fund-raising committees. On average, the national committee raised $227,000 a day.

But in the first three quarters of 2007, the top three Democratic presidential candidates raised $200 million and had $98 million left, while the top four Republican candidates raised $154 million and had $35 million left. And every month this year, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee raised more than the National Republican Senatorial Committee —$49.3 million raised for Democratic Senate efforts as of Nov. 30 (with $23.4 million on hand), compared with $28.7 million for Republican Senate campaigns ($10.4 million on hand).

The Republicans are also at a disadvantage on the House side, with $60.8 million raised by the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee ($30.7 million cash left) compared with $43.4 million for its Republican counterpart ($2.3 million on hand.)

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/01/02/republicans-out-raised-democrats-for-national-commitees/
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
Re: Republicans out-raised Democrats for national committees
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 06:43:06 PM »
So republicans still want to win, however,  we as a whole are not exactly thrilled with our choices.  Sums it up nicely for me.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.