Author Topic: questionable update  (Read 11322 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
questionable update
« on: January 30, 2017, 07:31:55 AM »
I keep getting a little box on the screen, telling me there's an update for Dell, and do I want to update now, or be reminded later?

I'm dubious.  This in fact is a Dell computer, but I've never in my life heard of a Dell update.

I nadined "Dell updates," but it's all Greek to me.

Should I, or shouldn't I? 
apres moi, le deluge

Milo Yiannopoulos "It has been obvious since 2016 that Trump carries an anointing of some kind. My American friends, are you so blind to reason, and deaf to Heaven? Can he do all this, and cannot get a crown? This man is your King. Coronate him, and watch every devil shriek, and every demon howl."

Offline thundley4

Re: questionable update
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 12:10:44 PM »
IIRC, you can go to the Dell website and check for updates there. I don't remember getting popup notifications when I had a Dell PC.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Re: questionable update
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 02:30:33 PM »
It depends on what is being updated. They may send a firmware update to fix a security issue and it will pop up like that if you have updates turned on. I would check with the deal web site and see if they are currently pushing updates. I have and HP and it gets HP updates fairly regularly. Not as often as Microsoft updates but once or twice a month.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.