Author Topic: Favorite piece of fried chicken?  (Read 10678 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Favorite piece of fried chicken?
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2010, 11:55:36 AM »
Liver and gizzards are for making gravy. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline cavegal

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2010, 12:02:48 PM »
Damned Yankee.......... I love some good fried chicken livers & gizzards!!
Hmmm,hmmmm,hmmmm! Love that!  +1

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2010, 12:24:16 PM »
I never thought a food thread would make me horny.

:lmao:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2010, 08:07:38 PM »
I never thought a food thread would make me horny.
 :lmao:
:rotf: :cheersmate:

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2010, 08:12:34 PM »
Liver and gizzards are for making gravy. 

Ick, they're for the dogs.  Something to make them feel like part of the family while the humans sit around feasting on turkey and all the trimmings.
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2010, 08:18:39 PM »
Ick, they're for the dogs.  Something to make them feel like part of the family while the humans sit around feasting on turkey and all the trimmings.

Yup.  G-dad was a urologist.  The one thing I was never forced to eat.  He said if he wouldn't, than I shouldn't have to.  Have I ever said how much I  :heart:'ed my G-dad?  He was the bomb. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline debk

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2010, 10:26:10 PM »
Don't do chicken liver, or any other kind of liver unless it's been turned into pate.

Gizzards ...not a chance.

I take the stuff in the bag in the turkey or roasting chicken and put it in with chicken broth, onion, parsley, thyme and sage....cook on low for several hours. Strain it, and pull all the meat off of the neck, and add to my gravy. The other stuff, goes in the trash...where it belongs.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Mike B the Cajun

• Pot Stirrer
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2010, 09:33:21 PM »
Thigh/leg...   KFC Extra-crispy...

NOTHING was as good as Grandma's fried chicken... huge cast-iron skillet, lard, the whole 9 yards...

As an aside, Grandma made the absolute best 7-steaks and gravy ever... it was my favorite, and she made it for me many times...   I sure miss her!!
Don't get stuck on stupid...

I am of the CauCajun persuasion...  :-)

Leftwing lunatic thought process concerning police: I'm armed with bad breath and body odor. The police are armed with a badge, a tazer, a 9mm, and a shotgun.  I should antagonize them.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2010, 09:38:21 PM »
Thigh/leg...   KFC Extra-crispy...

NOTHING was as good as Grandma's fried chicken... huge cast-iron skillet, lard, the whole 9 yards...

As an aside, Grandma made the absolute best 7-steaks and gravy ever... it was my favorite, and she made it for me many times...   I sure miss her!!

Sounds delish.
Now, in 20 or 30 years my grandson is gonna be sitting around reminiscing about his dear grandma's super duper KFC chicken.  It counts if I drive out to pick up a bucket, yes? :rotf:
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2010, 07:49:52 PM »
Sounds delish.
Now, in 20 or 30 years my grandson is gonna be sitting around reminiscing about his dear grandma's super duper KFC chicken.  It counts if I drive out to pick up a bucket, yes? :rotf:

This thread got me to thinking about my grandmothers roast beef.
The absolute best thing I remember her making when I was a kid.

I grew up, moved away and came home only every few years.  When grandma was about 80 years old I came home to visit and she was still on the go and asked me what I would like for supper as she wanted to cook for me.    I asked for her roast beef that I had loved so much as a kid.

She made her special recipe for me and ----It tasted down right Blah. Nothing like I remembered and so wanted to taste again.  What the heck had happend.???

I think my mom got it right when I cried on her shoulder, that as kids, we get hungry and will eat anything.  Time goes on and we remember the happy times of our youth and the food we ate and come to as adults remember the meals we ate with abandon and connect them to our loved ones that cooked the meals.

This came home to me when my oldest daughter asked me to make the bean soup I had fed her and siblings when they were growing up.

I did so and she was not happy with the soup at all.  My soup was nothing as she remembered it, same recipe, same stuff but the years had either changed her taste buds or without her siblings and her around the table as little kids ---things had changed.

We eat Holiday meals every year, that keeps the smell and taste the same, but if you go 15 years not eating a certain food, things happen.   

Except for turkey and baked ham, bread baking in the oven or Cinnamon rolls.   

What I ate as a kid and did not eat as an adult for years---things are not the same.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2010, 07:51:09 PM »
Where does the finger come from?  I like those.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2010, 07:57:56 PM »
Where does the finger come from?  I like those.

From extremely well endowed roosters?  :-)

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2010, 09:45:24 AM »
Thighs.

KFC was pretty good back in the 60's and 70's... then they seemed to get pretty awful in the 80's and  90's. Now they seem to be back on an upswing in quality. I got one of those free Oprah grilled chicken coupon lunches last year, that was really good.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2010, 07:33:42 PM »
At one time, Hardees was doing fried chicken. That was as good as Popeyes, if not better. They didn't have the spicy stuff, though.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline soleil

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2010, 07:59:49 PM »
At one time, Hardees was doing fried chicken. That was as good as Popeyes, if not better. They didn't have the spicy stuff, though.

I used to love Hardees. They did roast beef sandwiches similar to Arby's. Plus their breakfast is the best. We don't have one where I live now though. The 2 we had closed. They were sucky, but I loved Hardee's biscuit and gravy, and their steak biscuit is good too. Or it used to be when I was little. Maybe it was just good to me then, and I'd despise it now. Still, I wish we had one.

Offline Ernesto

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2011, 02:53:25 AM »
depend on the recipe... :cheersmate:... :lol:..i love kfc chicken..and i know the KFC Chicken Recipe.. always make at home..

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2011, 02:57:07 AM »
Go to the introduction forum first (you missed it) and say Hello.

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin; And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~Ronald Reagan