Author Topic: Can drinking donkeys' milk help you to stay in shape?  (Read 1888 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Can drinking donkeys' milk help you to stay in shape?
« on: May 27, 2011, 03:31:40 PM »
Fed up with skimmed milk  and can’t stomach soya? Give donkeys’ milk a try.

Said to be the secret of Cleopatra’s flawless complexion, donkeys’ or asses’ milk also works wonders on waistlines, according to research.

And with high quantities of omega-3 oils and calcium, it may be better for the heart and help keep energy levels up throughout the day.

Previous research has also suggested the protein-rich drink might be a good alternative to cows’ milk for those with allergies, so donkeys’ milk could soon become the next big thing among the health-conscious who can’t bear to give up dairy.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1391365/Can-drinking-donkeys-milk-help-stay-slim.html#ixzz1NaRqhxPd

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Can drinking donkeys' milk help you to stay in shape?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 07:21:21 PM »
Drink donkey's milk and learn how to make an ass of one's self.....
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 08:34:08 PM »
"That's not a cow.  And that ain't milk."
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 08:56:06 PM »
I have never heard of donkey's milk. My grandpa kept a goat for a little while and when we went to visit, I was the only one who would drink the goat's milk. I didn't see what the big deal was. Plus, since it was fresh milk there was lots of cream.

I don't really drink milk anymore but if it didn't have an insane health food store price tag, I would try it. Hell, if it made me feel better I might even put up with a higher price.

Food is food. And good food is the best.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey