Author Topic: Best venison easy  (Read 2768 times)

Offline catsmtrods

Best venison easy
« on: January 06, 2010, 05:02:20 PM »
Venison backstrap cut into 1" steaks
Sprinkle lightly with garlic and pepper
get cast iron skillet hot
fry in butter hot and fast leave medium to rare
pour in 1/3 cup dry vermouth
I dont know what you call that when you get all the good stuff out the pan with liquid but do that and serve with the sauce you just made. Best peice of meat you will ever have. Serve with homemade beef flavor rice and roni and corn. Num Yummy!
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline sully

• Probationary (Probie)
Re: Best venison easy
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 05:12:14 PM »
Venison backstrap cut into 1" steaks
Sprinkle lightly with garlic and pepper
get cast iron skillet hot
fry in butter hot and fast leave medium to rare
pour in 1/3 cup dry vermouth
I dont know what you call that when you get all the good stuff out the pan with liquid but do that and serve with the sauce you just made. Best peice of meat you will ever have. Serve with homemade beef flavor rice and roni and corn. Num Yummy!
Cats sounds like a good invite my Mother made Cornmeal flour egg batter but I guess your receipt sounds good.
Damm the Torpedoes full speed ahead

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 05:13:08 PM »
The best venison I ever had was similarly prepared, but it was floured, salted and peppered and then fried. No vermouth. I don't care for beer, wine, or liquor in my foods  or cooked in said alcoholic beverages
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 06:24:10 PM »
You guys are from the west. I have never floured venison of even heard of such a thing? I eat 2 whole deer a year. I learned early to treat venison like a fine cut of beef and not to over cook. I think if you like a great filet mignon you will love this. I pertty much treat all the better cuts this way and have all the rest processed into sausage, kielbasa and such. Sat I will go pick up my venison liverwurst. Heart is always eaten the night of the kill.
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 06:34:36 PM »
You guys are from the west. I have never floured venison of even heard of such a thing? I eat 2 whole deer a year. I learned early to treat venison like a fine cut of beef and not to over cook. I think if you like a great filet mignon you will love this. I pertty much treat all the better cuts this way and have all the rest processed into sausage, kielbasa and such. Sat I will go pick up my venison liverwurst. Heart is always eaten the night of the kill.

Actually, I venison that way out in Virginia. That's hardly West......... It was somewhere down in the valley between the Shenandoah & Blue Ridge Mountain ranges.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 06:50:35 PM »
"Chicken-fried" venison, sucka!
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline sully

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 07:03:11 PM »
cats I am from the West but my Mom was the cook and she came from Missouri so I am not sure but around here we eat Venison year around with Elk on the side.
Damm the Torpedoes full speed ahead

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 07:48:41 AM »
cats I am from the West but my Mom was the cook and she came from Missouri so I am not sure but around here we eat Venison year around with Elk on the side.

OK I am ready to get slap jacked up here.  We or at least I brine venison, moose  meat before cooking.  Also wild Turkey, Partridge and Phesent.  Domestic pork and hens.

Only thing I do not brine is beef, or Buffalo, I may marinade some cuts but no brining.

Buffalo I marinate in olive oil as there is very little fat.

Beef goes from store bought to counter to become room tempture  before cooking and I like mine medium rare.

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 06:28:17 PM »
You try to cover the taste of Gods most excellent protein? I would rather eat venison than beef. As a matter of fact when I am butchering it I always have a taste of venison tar-tar! It just smells that good!

~ Dr. William Pierce

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 01:28:00 PM »
You try to cover the taste of Gods most excellent protein? I would rather eat venison than beef. As a matter of fact when I am butchering it I always have a taste of venison tar-tar! It just smells that good!

Well so does hamburger and steak blood, but there are chances one takes with wild meat.

Wasn't about a year ago when the hunters in the mid North states were finding 5 legged deer and other abnormalities in the wild game.  Heavens knows what they are ingesting from sprayed crop land or rancid lakes.