Author Topic: I'm just me......my book title.  (Read 3006 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
I'm just me......my book title.
« on: October 19, 2008, 02:42:40 PM »
greenbriar  (1000+ posts)      Sat Oct-18-08 02:23 PM
Original message
I'm just me......my book title. I am not a super star, not a plumber, just an average teacher
 Advertisements [?]working my ass off to try to make a difference and provide a good home for my daughter

MY JOB:

I used to love teaching but NCLB has all but taken that away. See, I teach Social STudies and in our building (and district) because of the testing, little things like Social Studies and Science don't matter. We are not math or reading you see.

So, in our building we get the number of Social Studies teachers and science teachers cut while the math and reading teachers are doubled.

On my team there are 3 reading teachers, 3 math teachers and 1 science and 1 social studies teachers. So the result is. Reading and Math teachers get to have no more than 65 students a day at 82 minutes a day. The science and Social studies teacher get their 146 students each for 41 minutes a day IF there are no "sexual harassment" "Bullying" or anything that they use our classes for. This is the same set up for every grade.

I am not even going to talk about the documentation that we must keep to prove that we are important ie...teach reading and math on our content areas...

MY FAMILY:

One of the reasons hubby and I work so hard is to keep the insurance benefits as I have Crohns Disease yet my doctors have been careful not to specifically say that on any legal papers so as not to create a pre=existing health issue just in case insurance wants to be buttheads. Hubby has very bad asthma and a severe food allergy. WE need our insurance. AND daughter has had 5 migraines in the last month and this morning woke up with one eye swollen shut. Cat scan is scheduled for next week.

So you see, this election is more than just getting a D in office, it is restoring my life and my hope and my dreams. I can not continue to live in fear and dread every day. I can not continue to bust my ass trying to make a difference for some student whose SES category would make others cry in shame and be continuously told that I don't matter because my class is not teaching him or her to read .

I have to have hope
greenbriar  (1000+ posts)      Sat Oct-18-08 02:36 PM
Response to Original message
2. I am seriously thinking of writing this book
 and talk about life as an 8th grade social studies teacher in the building with the highest number of low income famlies in the biggest district in Kansas. That these students even care about school is a testiment to what we do.

Just this week, we had a student come to school after spending the morning trying to help his mom whom he couldn't wake up from an over dose. That was after she spent the night before beating the shit out of him!

Yea, we do more than teach
W00t! A whole book full of bouncy tales.  :-)
TomInTib  (1000+ posts)      Sat Oct-18-08 02:41 PM
Response to Original message
3. Teachers have always been my own personal heroes.
 I have always held good teachers in the highest regard, just for doing what they were educated to do.

Now that the ****ing ideologues are calling the shots, teaching has become almost like trench warfare. Good people such as you, greenbriar, are trying not only to make a difference, but to attempt to do so while constantly on the defensive.

My heart goes out to you, greenbriar, and to all the other underdog heroes who make their stand in those classrooms everywhere across our Nation.

Good luck, greenbriar, because you are going to need it.

Tom
greenbriar  (1000+ posts)      Sat Oct-18-08 02:49 PM
Response to Reply #3
5. thank you
 Do you really think anyone would read a book such as this?
TomInTib  (1000+ posts)      Sat Oct-18-08 02:57 PM
Response to Reply #5
6. Well, I know I would.
 I would initially market it through the NEA, see what happens.
If Tom says he'll read it, then you can believe him greenbriar.  :rotf:
link

If she manages to sell any copies at least she'll be able to afford groceries.  :whatever:

Offline jukin

Re: I'm just me......my book title.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 02:52:09 PM »
I think a moredescriptive title would be "I'm just me... a freeloading parasite.....which way to the free food?"
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 02:59:42 PM »
So the democrat policy is to de-emphasize math and reading?

Considering inner city school performance, they should entirely eliminate everthing except math, reading, and English grammar and spelling.

These people are guaranteed lifelong poverty because they cannot read, express themselves clearly, or do simple mathematics.

Until they can do those things every other facet of education is a waste of time.

Every penny paid to DUmmy greenbriar is wasted as surely as if it were thrown into the sea.

By the way, now teachers are TiTtyboy's heroes? He brags of never spending a day in school.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 03:07:33 PM »
By the way, now teachers are TiTtyboy's heroes? He brags of never spending a day in school.

He has the hots for greenbriar.  He just wants to get into her size-18 pants.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 03:08:43 PM »
"George Bush ruined my job."  :whatever:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 03:14:57 PM »

NOW I HAVE TO TRY TO GET THAT IMAGE OUT OF MY MIND!!

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 03:26:30 PM »
NOW I HAVE TO TRY TO GET THAT IMAGE OUT OF MY MIND!!

That's not bad if one is a size 8 and her friend is a size 10.... or or..or... three size sixes....or or or roroororororr
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 03:31:09 PM »
That's not bad if one is a size 8 and her friend is a size 10.... or or..or... three size sixes....or or or roroororororr

I don't think greenbriar has any friends.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 03:48:41 PM »
So the democrat policy is to de-emphasize math and reading?

Considering inner city school performance, they should entirely eliminate everthing except math, reading, and English grammar and spelling.

These people are guaranteed lifelong poverty because they cannot read, express themselves clearly, or do simple mathematics.

Until they can do those things every other facet of education is a waste of time.

Every penny paid to DUmmy greenbriar is wasted as surely as if it were thrown into the sea.

Social studies is the best place for leftist indoctrination.  That is much more important than such silly unimportant things like reading and math.  I mean, how much math do you need to march to the messiahnfuhrer's name anyway?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 03:54:41 PM »

Not much of a challenge for a smooth operator like DUmmy TiT. Remember she was begging the cruise ship bartender, to no avail.

In fact, if poor DUmmy stevenumbers would send her a PM, he'd have a good chance of breaking up that biological logjam he's suffering from.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2008, 03:55:27 PM »
Wasn't NCLB the unfettered work of Fat Teddy, in one of Bush's idiotic attempts at bipartisanship with the traitorous backstabbers?
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2008, 04:16:44 PM »
Wasn't NCLB the unfettered work of Fat Teddy, in one of Bush's idiotic attempts at bipartisanship with the traitorous backstabbers?

It would only belong to Teddy if they liked it.  Since it is a program that forces schools to teach the basics instead of brainwashing little robo-Dims, they hate it. 

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2008, 04:33:56 PM »
Okay,forget about her political beliefs for the moment.

This is a teacher who makes over 57,000/year (her thread) and yesterday was talking about going to a food pantry (her thread).
We all know that she has shit all over her husband all the while gloating about the lifestyle she and him live (her threads) then lamenting that she can`t do it with out him (her thread).

She claims to have fallen in love with a ships entertainer (her thread) all this after being banned from the DUmp because she plagerized the journal of a fellow DUmmy in a thread.

This is a person that no one should have their child being influenced by and it is nothing short of a disgrace that public funds go to her salary.
She would not survive a moment in the private sector yet she wails about how much it owes her.

She can rot in hell.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2008, 05:34:58 PM »
greenbriar  (1000+ posts)      Sat Oct-18-08 02:23 PM
Original message

[snip]

I used to love teaching but NCLB has all but taken that away. See, I teach Social STudies and in our building (and district) because of the testing, little things like Social Studies and Science don't matter. We are not math or reading you see.

[snip]

One of the reasons hubby and I work so hard is to keep the insurance benefits as I have Crohns Disease yet my doctors have been careful not to specifically say that on any legal papers so as not to create a pre=existing health issue just in case insurance wants to be buttheads. Hubby has very bad asthma and a severe food allergy. WE need our insurance. AND daughter has had 5 migraines in the last month and this morning woke up with one eye swollen shut. Cat scan is scheduled for next week.

So you see, this election is more than just getting a D in office, it is restoring my life and my hope and my dreams. I can not continue to live in fear and dread every day. I can not continue to bust my ass trying to make a difference for some student whose SES category would make others cry in shame and be continuously told that I don't matter because my class is not teaching him or her to read .

I have to have hope

See, here's the problem; Your students have to be able to understand basic math, and must have the ability to read and write in the common tongue (that's ENGLISH BTW) to be able to function in society.

That they know the wotchacallit people from wherzatistan wore camels wool not sheep wool clothing won't help them out in the real world.

As for your "Crohns Disease" , if the "doctor [has] been careful not to specifically say that on any legal papers" , you don't have it. Sit down and shut up you bleeding hypochondriac.

One final thing, The public education system as it stands today is an outstanding example of why government, and the left in particular should never have any part in the education process.

I didn't know pants were measured by the acre...

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2008, 07:54:46 PM »
Hey greenbriar, it's bound to be a runaway success with your piracy uhh, literarry skills!  You should hock everything and sink every last dime into this project, in fact you should quit your teaching position to concentrate on getting it finished, cash out your pension to keep things going until the inevitable success of your blockbuster!

:innocent:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2008, 08:40:42 PM »
I believe DUmmy greenbriar could produce a best seller if she plagiarizes a really good writer. The last time she was caught plagiarizing, it was from some other pinhead at the DUmp, and of course no one would pay for that.

Also, she cannot just plagiarize an idea or outline. She must copy word-for-word. Otherwise, her spelling, grammar, and punctuation would overwhelm any editor, and worse, her own ideas and personality might show through. That would be a deal killer.

She is pretty much limited to taking someone else's book and changing the title and byline.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2008, 09:19:58 PM »
Book Title: "It's Just Me."

Readership: "Just Me" (and maybe the real author as well).

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Miss Mia

Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2008, 12:24:03 AM »
She loves a pity party.  :whatever:

Social studies has replaced civics and government classes, thank you NEA.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2008, 07:41:27 AM »
From the lying TiTtie :
Now that the ****ing ideologues are calling the shots, teaching has become almost like trench warfare. Good people such as you, greenbriar, are trying not only to make a difference, but to attempt to do so while constantly on the defensive.

Dude, it's those left-wing ideologues that have totally screwed the education system in this country. It's your own frelling people dooming the children of this country.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2008, 07:58:43 AM »
W00t! A whole book full of bouncy tales.  :-) If Tom says he'll read it, then you can believe him greenbriar.  :rotf:
link

If she manages to sell any copies at least she'll be able to afford groceries.  :whatever:
Looks like TIT is trying to get into Greenbriars pants again! :-)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2008, 08:00:42 AM »

:o It frightens me that she teaches social studies! :o

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2008, 08:05:08 AM »
  :o It frightens me that she teaches social studies! :o

Perfect place for liberals to hide, imo.

The fact of the matter that little miss food bank pants won't admit is with those other skills comes an awful lot of critical thinking skills, especially math. With reading should come research skills. Once the kids have both of those, they are perfectly capable of studying history and social studies on their own if necessary.

The only thing I'll give her is that by the grade she teachers (8th) basic math and reading and research skills should already be there. Her subject and others like it should take on some interest and priority at that point, but apparently she lives in a district where the parents have passed along their 'love' of learning and their deep care and concern for their chidlren(that probably extends to the assistance check they get for said child). It seems lost on greenbrier that the man she wants to elect president, that overdosed mother in her school district and 90% of the othe parents in that neighborhood are probably voting for them too. She seems to miss a very critical connection there.........

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2008, 08:10:33 AM »
Perfect place for liberals to hide, imo.

The fact of the matter that little miss food bank pants won't admit is with those other skills comes an awful lot of critical thinking skills, especially math. With reading should come research skills. Once the kids have both of those, they are perfectly capable of studying history and social studies on their own if necessary.

The only thing I'll give her is that by the grade she teachers (8th) basic math and reading and research skills should already be there. Her subject and others like it should take on some interest and priority at that point, but apparently she lives in a district where the parents have passed along their 'love' of learning and their deep care and concern for their chidlren(that probably extends to the assistance check they get for said child). It seems lost on greenbrier that the man she wants to elect president, that overdosed mother in her school district and 90% of the othe parents in that neighborhood are probably voting for them too. She seems to miss a very critical connection there.........
I guess what scares me about moonbats teaching subjects like social studies is their ability to rewrite history and spin things when it comes to government!

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2008, 08:23:19 AM »
I guess what scares me about moonbats teaching subjects like social studies is their ability to rewrite history and spin things when it comes to government!
I'm with you, brother!

And like I said, she has a total disconnect with parents she probably thinks are inadequate at best and who they will probably be voting for, along with her, in droves.  :whatever:

On your topic, just think of what she's filling those already indoctrinated into 'you owe me' mentality youngsters into? Nothing changes...Well, I guess the plus side is at least she's not reaping her damage out in a suburb which is traditionally a bit more conservative.