Author Topic: Obama Sign Hyperboluza...  (Read 1259 times)

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
Obama Sign Hyperboluza...
« on: October 16, 2008, 08:17:38 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4251413

KoKo01  (1000+ posts)      Thu Oct-16-08 06:07 PM
Original message
All over America: How many of you have had THEFT of OBAMA signs?
I'm Raleigh, NC...and our whole neighborhood...thousand houses had ALL Obama signs stolen...yet my neighborhood is quiet community where folks don't ever "act out their differences." I'm thinking it was a concerted effort by folks "outside" (some "Billy Bob and his Wife") who are part of some Fundie Movement that's organizing this North of us or major Repug Operatives who are doing this.

This is a Repug (mostly) neighborhood ...but nobody ever stole my Kerry sign. So is there some "Organized Effort" to do this that goes way beyond some "hooligan kids with Fundie Parents" who think this is a good thing?

So across America: How many DU'ers have had Obama Signs Stolen that they think it's NOT from your Neighborhood but Karl Rove Dirty Tricks from "OUTSIDE?"

Please post your experience across the DU State Spectrum!

PLEASE POST YOUR STATE WHERE YOU'VE HAD THEFT!

Like Karl Rove gives a minnows ass about your stupid Obama signs.  :whatever:

countingbluecars  (1000+ posts)        Thu Oct-16-08 06:12 PM
Response to Original message
3. All of the Obama signs
 Edited on Thu Oct-16-08 06:13 PM by countingbluecars
on the main street of my town were stolen. A fundie college is located in the town. There could be a connection or maybe not.

Edited to add my state-Virginia.

carpediem  (680 posts)      Thu Oct-16-08 06:17 PM
6. Waukesha, WI - we're on sign #5 - but we live in the area with 
 the bald guy who stood up and said "I'm mad, I'm mad..." not too surprising that they're getting stolen here.

sign 1 - run over (this one lasted 1 1/2 months from August 1 until Palin spoke at the convention)
sign 2 - taken
sign 3 ripped shredded and left on our driveway
sign 4 stolen between 3 and 5 pm during the heaviest traffic time of day a whole bunch of mcfailin signs showed up the same night in the area
sign 5 - been up for about 1 week now
if we have to go to sign 6 it will be a large painted Obama O on our driveway - they can't steal that

randr  (1000+ posts)        Thu Oct-16-08 06:19 PM
9. Obama signs defaced and stolen routinely here in 
 western Colorado. Local county democratic candidates have also had signs stolen and KKK painted across them.
Just finished listening to a call in show on our local community radio with county, city, and law enforcement officials answering calls of concern. One threat made to OBL has been passed on to the secret service.
Generally teenagers are being blamed but a lot of accusation and responsibility is being directed at the parents.

PAGING DR. FREUD!  :rotf:

KoKo01  (1000+ posts)      Thu Oct-16-08 07:56 PM
Response to Reply #10
15. I wonder if it's just "Swing States" this is happening in? That's why I posted to ask other DU'ers 
 what their experience was. Is it only "Swing States" like "VA/NC" that this is happening on "massive scale?"

NOLALady  (1000+ posts)      Thu Oct-16-08 06:31 PM
12. Some have wondered 
 how will "the blacks" react if Obama does not win, probably due to stolen election.

I wonder how will the "sign stealing, Obama is an Arab, Monkey dolls" folk will react, once reality hits them that McCain has no chance of winning (fairly).

timeforarevolution  (1000+ posts)      Thu Oct-16-08 08:14 PM
17. Hard to say. I'm very close to you, just south of Raleigh....
 in the Swift Creek area, though a very red, more rural area, closer to Fuquay and Garner.

Yes, I've had signs stolen -- from my yard and car.

This neighborhood is very "fundie," much to my dismay, yet politics had never been discussed. When I noticed Palin-only signs popping up around me (though not in my particular little subdivision), I finally put up an Obama sign.

The next morning, McCain-Palin signs were sprouting in my neighborhood like mushrooms. I unleashed their inner right-wingedness.

At a gas station in this same area (very near Cary, btw), I was called a "ni**er-lovin' terrorist" yesterday.

Lovely, lovely, lovely.
'Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!  Wooh hoo hooo!!!!!!"

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Re: Obama Sign Hyperboluza...
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 09:42:31 PM »
Oh BULLSHIT!!

Though this one spoke much truth that the MSM and pimitives try and ignore

This neighborhood is very "fundie," much to my dismay, yet politics had never been discussed. When I noticed Palin-only signs popping up around me (though not in my particular little subdivision), I finally put up an Obama sign.

The next morning, McCain-Palin signs were sprouting in my neighborhood like mushrooms. I unleashed their inner right-wingedness.

At a gas station in this same area (very near Cary, btw), I was called a "ni**er-lovin' terrorist" yesterday.

Lovely, lovely, lovely.

Yes Palin unleashed something in all of us who make up the silent majority........................HOPE, not just for Osama.....I mean Obama anymore.

I can honestly say that just a couple hours east of the keyboard warrior primitive, McCain/Palin signs are 20:1 to Obama signs. There seems to be new ones daily and this continues to bring me hope.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 11:26:03 PM »
I see a moonbat finally stumbled across all the evidence of leftwing thuggery  going on this election cycle.  Instead of repudiating the theft, destrucion of property, and violence, they make up phony stories and say "But, but, but, it's really the rightwingers that started it....."

My 2 year old son isn't this stupid.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 02:53:12 PM »
Seriously, they have GOT to come with new material.  :whatever:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 04:15:11 PM »
Four references blaming it on the "fundies" in that thread so far, but it's short.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 04:37:21 PM »
and our whole neighborhood...thousand houses had ALL Obama signs stolen...yet my neighborhood is quiet community where folks don't ever "act out their differences."

But...

This is a Repug (mostly) neighborhood ...

OK, class, what's wrong with this picture?

:rotf:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 05:56:22 PM »
Thousands and thousands..

Or maybe a few dozen?

Raleigh News and Fishwrap story

Wanda Martin of Raleigh said that her John McCain sign was stolen in broad daylight Monday. A neighbor's sign was ripped out of its metal holder, which was left standing.

WRAL TV Story

Raleigh, N.C. — Raleigh police say they've received reports of dozens of presidential campaign signs in people's yards being stolen or defaced.

Haze Lancaster said he didn't think much about it when the first sign supporting Sen. John McCain disappeared from his front yard. But when it kept happening, he bought an infrared camera to try to catch the culprit.

"I probably had about 30 signs," Lancaster said. "It's a violation of free speech, and it's also stealing."

Someone has also stolen two signs supporting Sen. Barack Obama from Donna Wolcutt's home near North Carolina State University. Now, she says, her neighbors have resorted to posting signs on their houses.
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 10:27:13 AM »

But...

OK, class, what's wrong with this picture?

:rotf:

I KNOW!!!   I KNOW!!!

Boy they don't even try to tie up loose ends because their audience has the brain power of an LED.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Servonaut

• In Memoriam
  • "Memento Mori"
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 02:16:54 PM »
I saw this picture at http://www.teamsarah.org/

Looks like the DUmp has found the forum.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x7495801

NightWatcher  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-17-08 04:26 PM
Original message
GO HERE NOW...a Sarah Palin Forum

http://www.teamsarah.org/forum

Someone from the Lounge found this for us to play with. Let's see if we can phuck it up real good.

-signed MooseNyukle

Assholes  :hammer:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2008, 03:36:44 PM »
I saw this picture at http://www.teamsarah.org/

Looks like the DUmp has found the forum.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x7495801

Assholes  :hammer:

When it comes to the race to the bottom. no one uses gravitational forces better than the primitives.  And, of course, they are racing each other.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 03:38:46 PM by freedumb2003 »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.