Author Topic: Not Even Trying Anymore Bouncy #11,234. Walmart and an Obama shirt.  (Read 1198 times)

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4219514

honkydonkey (76 posts)      Sat Oct-11-08 05:51 PM
Original message
A friend of mine was verbally attacked for wearing an Obama shirt......
I was in New York when I received a sad phone call from a dear friend of mine. She went into a local Wal-Mart (Madison, Indiana) and an older white man (70ish) in camo pants and a veterans cap walks up to her. He looks at her shirt and begins snorting and rolling his eyes. She ignores him and continues to talk to the elderly lady she cares for. He apparently is angry because she won't turn and acknowledge his sounds of disgust, so he looks her in the face and in front of a small group of people calls my friend a "n*gger lover". She was so amazed by what he said that everything is a blur to her after that. She was caught off guard so her knee jerk reaction was to call him a redneck bastard or something along those lines. He continued to attack her and told her that his vote was going to "cancel out" her vote, etc. People came up to her and asked her if she was ok when he finally stomped off. I wish she had called the police on this guy. My friend is a white woman married to a black man, and the attacks are growing in number every year it seems. I just received my Obama stickers in the mail that I've been waiting for forever and now I'm almost scared to put them on my vehicle. I live in a very redneck, conservative area. I have two small children. What is some crazy person tries to run me off the road with my kids in the car? I know it sounds crazy but I really wouldn't put it past some of these people. I wonder how many of these attacks are taking place and if you can press charges?

Message to William Drink Me A River Pitt wannabes... Do a better job when trying to establish your cred.

Make up a bouncy about something believable involving toast or making it to work on time.

Because this just sucks.

polichick  (1000+ posts)      Sat Oct-11-08 05:54 PM
Response to Original message
3. imo it's not worth a risk to your kids - we don't win votes with stickers...
 Here in the suburbs of Philly, I was almost run off the road by someone holding up a "n*gger lover" sign ~ and this is Obama country!

Be safe!
Now THAT'S a Bouncy!!!!

Only 7 bongs though since the guy didn't drive his car out of the bushes.

CountAllVotes  (1000+ posts)      Sat Oct-11-08 05:54 PM
4. I would have told him
 to get away from me and to not contaminate my space with his negative energy.

I wouldn't have engaged the man on any level. Let them eat their own.
  :whatever: Yeah... That woulda worked.

backscatter712  (1000+ posts)      Sat Oct-11-08 06:14 PM
Response to Reply #12
33. I refuse to be afraid of these ****ers.

I will not be terrorized. I'm sick of being told to live in fear. **** fear.

I will wear my Obama shirts, and display my Obama signs, and put my Obama stickers on my car with pride, and if some ignorant freeptard racist **** doesn't like it, he can kiss my ass.

If said racist freeptard wants to resort to violence, well, let's just say that the GOP doesn't have a monopoly on the Second Amendment...
Oh geez...  Seriously I have NEVER seen a single person hassled for their t-shirt or bumper sticker.  Of course I'm not paste licking crazy like 90% of DU.

TACstrat (52 posts)       Sat Oct-11-08 06:00 PM
13. These things are happening all over ...
 Edited on Sat Oct-11-08 06:01 PM by TACstrat
A friend of ours said that their Indian neighbors that have an Obama sign in their front yard received an anonymous letter telling them that they had no right to vote in this election and that people "like them" were ruining the country.

Another friend of ours that has an Obama sign in their yard took her daughter around their neighborhood to sell girl scout cookies. At one house, an old lady yelled at her daughter and said there was no way she was going to buy girlscout cookies from someone that supports Obama. The next day, the old lady went to their house and apologized to the little girl and mother saying she was "old" and the future of the country belongs more to them than to her.

Yes, as you have guessed, we live in Texas.

2 bongs for the lame ass conversion.

WindRiverMan  (381 posts)      Sat Oct-11-08 06:00 PM
14. I like to wear my Obama shirt
 I am a six foot tall two hundred and fifty eight pound former amatuer bodybuilder and football player. No one tells me SHIT!

I found your picture, stud!

glowing  (1000+ posts)        Sat Oct-11-08 06:16 PM
Response to Reply #23
35. Like I said, its really hard.. We all aren't Ghandi.. and until McCain and Palin
 just recently started their kkk revivals, most of these racist bastards remained silent and just scowled.. McCain and Palin are stroking their hate and purposely promoting these idiots, who have thus far been more muted, to really come out and attack people. Like other posters have pointed out, Obama and the family have secret service to protect them; we the supporters, do not... and Obama has relied on a huge network of vollunteer ground support to get out the vote... If his vollunteers are fearful of attacks, then it may keep them away. It may make a few who may have wanted to embrace Obama and the Dems, to cower in fear of this man.. AND if you are in one of these locations and your church, friends, and e-mails contain 24hr smears, you may actually begin to believe it. McCain and Palin are pulling out the FEAR card, and empowering the loony toons to hurt people... Its becoming the election of character, rather than issues.. except this is really dangerous territory.... We must overcome this and continue to promote the ideas, the peace, and the hope of a better country. The reality is, most of us already decided. This fear mongering turns off independents. McCain is going to lose. He needs to stop with the crap.. I think we all need to call the McCain campaign and tell him to please stop. This devisive tone his campaign has taken is NOT what this country needs now. If he loses, he loses. He needs to grow up and learn to respect the citizens of this country that he loves so much; that he fought to protect in service; who he has devoted his entire life's work to serve...

Followed immediately by:
Poseidan (202 posts)     Sat Oct-11-08 06:03 PM
18. verbal attacks?
 Attack back! Tell them to suck an aids-filled cock.

:p

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Not Even Trying Anymore Bouncy #11,234. Walmart and an Obama shirt.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 06:07:42 PM »
This devisive tone his campaign has taken is NOT what this country needs now

Leady, silvery, irony.

The miessaihnfuhrer is the leading example on how to be divisive.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 06:09:41 PM »
Poseidan (202 posts)     Sat Oct-11-08 06:03 PM
18. verbal attacks?
 Attack back! Tell them to suck an aids-filled cock.

What the hell?  :mental: :mental: :mental:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 06:12:35 PM »
Man the homos at DU are going to crucify him for saying that any dingdongs are filled with AIDS.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 06:13:02 PM »
It's almost tempting to get a O shirt and wear it around, just to see if I can acquire a real bouncy.   :rotf:
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 06:14:36 PM by MrsSmith »

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 06:15:57 PM »
It's almost tempting to get a O shirt and wear it around, just to see if I can acquire a real bouncy.   :rotf:

I've thought the same thing, Mrs. S.  However the shame in wearing such a shirt would be too much.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 06:31:52 PM »
Over in crack city the crack heads can't afford food for their kids but they can afford a $50 blingged out Obama shirt to wear. :whatever:
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 06:38:24 PM »
Man the homos at DU are going to crucify him for saying that any dingdongs are filled with AIDS.

The poster slipped up and expressed the inner feelings of a DUmpmonkey on the subject.
Tolerence only is valid when it is used for political cover.

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 07:51:25 PM »
Madison IN? WTF?? Damn DUmmies google maps are your friend....
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 12:04:02 PM »
I found your picture, stud!
Hey! I didn't know they had a Fathead poster of Rachel Maddow!!