Author Topic: DUmmies mourn Mr. Potato Head/Uncle Fester's firing from CNN  (Read 794 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
DUmmies mourn Mr. Potato Head/Uncle Fester's firing from CNN
« on: August 18, 2022, 03:24:05 PM »
Star Member brooklynite (80,338 posts)

Brian Stelter to depart CNN as it cancels 'Reliable Sources' media show

NPR

CNN is canceling its Sunday media affairs show Reliable Sources, and host Brian Stelter is departing the network, Stelter tells NPR.

In a statement to NPR, Stelter says he's grateful for the show and his team's examination of "the media, truth and the stories that shape our world."

"It was a rare privilege to lead a weekly show focused on the press at a time when it has never been more consequential," Stelter said, promising to say more on Sunday's show — its final episode.

Stelter got his start blogging about cable news as a student and went on to become a media reporter for The New York Times. Reliable Sources is the longest-running show on CNN; Stelter has hosted it for the past nine years and celebrated its 30th anniversary in March.

Star Member PCIntern (22,594 posts)

1. Jeez...

Yeah… Why would CNN want to have a show that more or less objectively examines media coverage of events? Why, next, Time-Warner will eliminate color commentary during baseball games and football games because, well you know, God forbid anyone has an opinion about the truth or lack thereof.

2. Perhaps its being cancelled because people aren't watching?

Brian Stelter’s ‘Reliable Sources’ on CNN draws lowest ratings since 2019

CNN’s media-centric show “Reliable Sources” hosted by Brian Stelter had its worst-rated episode since September 2019.

Stelter’s show logged just 580,000 last Sunday, and a mere 73,000 viewers in the all-important 25-to-54-year-old demographic, Fox News reported. The show lost 13% of the total audience and it marked Stelter’s smallest audience since Sept. 15, 2019.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/15/brian-stelters-reliable-sources-on-cnn-has-lowest-ratings/

:lmao: :rotf: :rofl: :lol:

3. 580000 TV sets on a Sunday morning is not "nobody" in cable news IMO.

4. It is in the opinion of cable news channels.

By comparison:
CBS Face the Nation (1/2 hr) 3,100,000
NBC Meet the Press 2,835,000
ABC This Week 2,731,000
Fox TV Fox News Sunday 1,095,000

Keep in mind, they're not running a test pattern in its place; they'll look for programming that attracts a larger audience.

Star Member W_HAMILTON (5,141 posts)

12. If CNN started canceling every show that people weren't watching...

...I don't know that they would have anything left to air.

:lmao: :rotf: :rofl: :lol:

Sympthsical (4,760 posts)

5. His "objectivity" was being Zucker's stenographer

However Zucker wanted things spun is what Stetler scrambled to do. As soon as he was given the heave ho, Stetler's cancellation was only a matter of time.

This has been openly acknowledged and discussed in media circles for months. It started being discussed the instant Zucker left.

Baggies (287 posts)

13. Doubt anyone will notice.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217058884

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: DUmmies mourn Mr. Potato Head/Uncle Fester's firing from CNN
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2022, 04:11:03 PM »
Mark Dice will still be there to resurrect him from time to time.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 04:59:36 PM »

1. Jeez...

Yeah… Why would CNN want to have a show that more or less objectively examines media coverage of events?

Objectively?  OBJECTIVELY?

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2022, 05:29:24 PM »
Mark Dice will still be there to resurrect him from time to time.

Greg Gutfeld certainly will as well.  Speaking of Greg:

GregGutfeld
@greggutfeld
Yo
@brianstelter
 - my show is hiring.
12:41 PM · Aug 18, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Red State Link

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2022, 05:33:56 PM »
Seth Dillon
@SethDillon
·
3h
Hey
@brianstelter
, would you be interested in working for the Bee? We're looking for talent with experience putting out funny fake news. You come highly recommended. Shoot me a DM if you're interested!

:rofl: :rofl: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2022, 06:02:57 PM »
W_HAMILTON (5,141 posts)

12. If CNN started canceling every show that people weren't watching...

...I don't know that they would have anything left to air.

Brian Stelter's version of Reliable Sources originally seemed to be very both sides'y, but in recent times, it seemed to call it more fairly, which, yes, means criticizing conservatives more. Given that CNN is apparently trying to get back in the good graces of fascist Republicans, I wonder if that isn't the real reason that this show got the axe...

In recent history, the phrases "both sides'y" and "both sider-ism" has been used more and more frequently at the DUmp. The Muppets clearly dont like this approach. But oddly enough, the same assholes who claim the "Fairness Doctrine" needs to be brought back to quench the likes of Conservatives News, and Talk Radio.

Lurking Muppets, please explain the ironia et situ. For those of you in Rio Linda, explain how "Both Sider-ism" is a bad thing, since you want the Fairness Doctrine back.  :popcorn:

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2022, 07:20:21 PM »
The white rap world will miss "Sex Machine" Tater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qqendp1kLE
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2022, 07:49:30 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217058884

this of actually a bit of a bummer.
tater was good for a lot of laughs over the years.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2022, 05:50:29 AM »
Seth Dillon
@SethDillon
·
3h
Hey
@brianstelter
, would you be interested in working for the Bee? We're looking for talent with experience putting out funny fake news. You come highly recommended. Shoot me a DM if you're interested!

If that is not real it should be.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2022, 07:50:29 AM »
Seth Dillon
@SethDillon
·
3h
Hey
@brianstelter

:rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:

If that is not real it should be.

It's from The Bee, so :shrug: , :-) .

Bring me Acosta's head on a garbage can lid!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 10:19:23 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2022, 09:58:11 AM »
Brian Stelter's version of Reliable Sources originally seemed to be very both sides'y, but in recent times, it seemed to call it more fairly, which, yes, means criticizing conservatives more. Given that CNN is apparently trying to get back in the good graces of fascist Republicans, I wonder if that isn't the real reason that this show got the axe...

Ah, "both sides-y/both sider-ism", the battle cry of the willfully ignorant, and people afraid of what people will learn if they *gasp* hear from different sides.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2022, 01:34:48 PM »
Just one more to continue the pile on:

Stelter Forced Out At CNN After Being Accused Of Sexual Harassment By Mrs. Potato Head

NEW YORK, NY — Beloved CNN host of Reliable Sources Brian Stelter is being let go from the network after being accused of sexual misconduct by Mrs. Potato Head.

"Here at CNN, we take all allegations of sexual harassment very seriously," said a spokesman for the network. "The charges leveled by Mrs. Potato Head were so egregious that we couldn't bury it any longer. Usually, when you bury these things, they multiply and you'll be dealing with ten more by the time you uproot them."

Sources say Stelter's firing is part of a larger effort to remove staff members who are caught up in harassment allegations and who also have a show no one watches.

Stelter responded to the accusations, saying: "These charges are false, and I'm furious that CNN would allow my good name to be besmirched like this. And you can tell how angry I am because I'm wearing my frowny mouth and angry eyes."

At publishing time, Stelter confirmed he would be taking his time off to reconnect with relatives in Idaho.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2022, 02:46:18 PM »
I guess that with that accusation, The Bee will withdraw their off of employment. :rotf:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2022, 04:17:49 PM »
Just one more to continue the pile on:

Stelter Forced Out At CNN After Being Accused Of Sexual Harassment By Mrs. Potato Head

NEW YORK, NY — Beloved CNN host of Reliable Sources Brian Stelter is being let go from the network after being accused of sexual misconduct by Mrs. Potato Head.

"Here at CNN, we take all allegations of sexual harassment very seriously," said a spokesman for the network. "The charges leveled by Mrs. Potato Head were so egregious that we couldn't bury it any longer. Usually, when you bury these things, they multiply and you'll be dealing with ten more by the time you uproot them."

Sources say Stelter's firing is part of a larger effort to remove staff members who are caught up in harassment allegations and who also have a show no one watches.

Stelter responded to the accusations, saying: "These charges are false, and I'm furious that CNN would allow my good name to be besmirched like this. And you can tell how angry I am because I'm wearing my frowny mouth and angry eyes."

At publishing time, Stelter confirmed he would be taking his time off to reconnect with relatives in Idaho.

That mellon screams for aluminum foil in more ways than one.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2022, 08:37:53 AM »
originally seemed to be very both sides'y, but in recent times, it seemed to call it more fairly, which, yes, means criticizing conservatives more.

I hear Orwell laughing.

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2022, 09:15:46 AM »
Seth Dillon
@SethDillon
·
3h
Hey
@brianstelter

Hi 67 Rover ...  :hi5:  (Just catching up in here.)

Thanks for giving me my first smile of the morning.  Have just had a rather loud disagreement with Mr. ABC and am not talking to him at the moment.   

When I cool down, If he's lucky that is,  I may just decide to rescue him from making his own dinner tonight!   :-)

« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 09:19:12 AM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2022, 04:25:55 PM »
:rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:

It's from The Bee, so :shrug: , :-) .

Bring me Acosta's head on a garbage can lid!

If it was from the Bee then it is direct torpedo amidships for sure! :)

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2022, 04:27:48 PM »
Ah, "both sides-y/both sider-ism", the battle cry of the willfully ignorant, and people afraid of what people will learn if they *gasp* hear from different sides.

IOW the lefty side and then a stereotype strawman purposeful misrepresentation of what the left would like to think the right's side is LABELED "the other side."