Author Topic: DUer ponders Bidenville situation--Imagine if the Trump administration did this  (Read 711 times)

Offline Delmar

Sat Sep 18, 2021, 11:30 AM
Star Member WhiskeyGrinder (13,666 posts)

Official: US to expel Haitians from border, fly to Haiti

https://apnews.com/article/texas-migrants-haiti-del-rio-border-mexico-14cc4765f758df5aaf6fa546525416b7

DEL RIO, Texas (AP) — The Biden administration plans the widescale expulsion of Haitian migrants from a small Texas border city by putting them on flights to Haiti starting Sunday, an official said Friday, representing a swift and dramatic response to thousands who suddenly crossed the border from Mexico and gathered under and around a bridge.

Details are yet to be finalized but will likely involve five to eight flights a day, according to the official with direct knowledge of the plans who was not authorized to discuss the matter publicly and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity. San Antonio, the nearest major city, may be among the departure cities.

Another administration official speaking on condition of anonymity expected two flights a day at most and said all migrants would be tested for COVID-19.

(snip)

The flight plan, while potentially massive in scale, hinges on how Haitians respond. They may face a choice: stay put at the risk of being sent back to their impoverished homeland -- wracked by poverty, political instability and a recent earthquake — or return to Mexico. Unaccompanied children are exempt from fast-track expulsions.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215869908

Response to WhiskeyGrinder (Original post)Sat Sep 18, 2021, 11:52 AM
Sympthsical (2,014 posts)
1. Imagine if the Trump administration did this

But he's not, so . . .

. . .

. . .

Yeah, the response will look like that.
Response to WhiskeyGrinder (Original post)Sat Sep 18, 2021, 11:56 AM
Star Member Devil Child (2,271 posts)
2. Good n/t

The primitives were hoping that the JusticeForJ6 rally would distract people from all of Sleepy Joe's screwups but no such luck.

The Biden disasters are piling up one after another, faster than they can be swept under the rug.

Imagine if the Trump administration did this.

Another "extraordinary success" for the doddering old fool.

Resign Joe, you're in over your head.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

Sending only Haitians back? Why illegals who are Mexican, Salvadorean, Guatemalan, Honduran, etc.? What's LIEden got against blacks?

As for a If-Trump-ism, I can't. Trump didn't "invite" illegals to flood US borders.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

Many of these Haitians haven't lived in Haiti for years, some for decades.  Sending them back now would be like sending someone from south Georgia to southern California.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Many of these Haitians haven't lived in Haiti for years, some for decades.  Sending them back now would be like sending someone from south Georgia to southern California.

How do you know that?

Personally I think all the illegals should be sent back, they are a burden on the average taxpaying American.
They came in ilegaly and don't belong here. We have our own to worry about first, we can't be the welfare donor for the world.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
How do you know that?

Personally I think all the illegals should be sent back, they are a burden on the average taxpaying American.
They came in ilegaly and don't belong here. We have our own to worry about first, we can't be the welfare donor for the world.

https://cronkitenews.azpbs.org/2020/07/20/haitians-continental-transit/

Many of the Haitians started their journeys thousands of miles away, in such South American countries as Brazil or Chile, which had attracted Haitian migrants with the prospect of jobs.

Although undocumented, the Haitians openly lived and worked in those countries for years, until jobs dried up and officials began cracking down. Chile, for example, changed its visa policy in 2018 so that every Haitian migrant must obtain a tourist visa from a Chilean consulate in Port-au-Prince. The visa lasts for 30 days and can’t be exchanged for work permit or temporary residence.
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline thundley4

How do you know that?

I'm not saying they should be allowed to stay here. None of the illegals should be allowed to stay. My point is that Biden is sending them somewhere besides what they were calling home. Biden has shown repeatedly that he hates POC. This time he picks the darker Haitians to treat badly.

Offline freedumb2003b

I think they did a show about that...
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
sarisataka

8. The lack of commentary is both
Interesting and enlightening.

Noticeable, isn’t it? It’s because it makes Cap’n Dementia look like an even bigger idiot than he’s already shown himself to be. But you can’t say that on DU because it’ll get you banned, they’re such snowflakes.

Quote from:
Elessar Zappa

9. What are we supposed to say?

It is what it is. Our immigration system sucks and always has, although it was made exponentially worse by the prior regime.

We’ll the TRUTH is certainly something that you can’t say, that’s for sure. But what you can safely say is that orange man made it worse. That’s always an acceptable answer to the simpleminded who reside on Skin’s island.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DLR Pyro

Elessar Zappa

It is what it is. Our immigration system sucks and always has, although it was made exponentially worse by the prior regime.

building a wall to stop the flow of illegal crossings and implementing a remain in mexico policy made our immigration system "exponentially" worse?

Please explain, and I'll take your answer off the air
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline 67 Rover

Elessar Zappa

Yep, sooooo much better putting kids in shipping containers vs. the Obummer "cages".  :whatever:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline freedumb2003b

Star Member Kaleva (28,364 posts)

13. Biden appears to be following the law. He may wish it was different.

I tell my Trump supporting FIL that if it was up to me (assuming I had dictatorial powers), I'd house them, give them a health checkup including testing for COVID19, provide them with the necessities including food, water and clothing , screen them for criminal records, issue them a green card and provide them with transportation to the area they may have friends or family or those who don't, a Haitian community of their choice.

Paid for HOW?  And once word gets out that is US policy, what will you do with the 1 BILLION ignorant and illiterate people who follow and want the same thing?
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline DLR Pyro

Paid for HOW?  And once word gets out that is US policy, what will you do with the 1 BILLION ignorant and illiterate people who follow and want the same thing?
Register them as democrat voters
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020