Author Topic: Boy put in dog cage after spiking drinks  (Read 3650 times)

Offline jtyangel

Boy put in dog cage after spiking drinks
« on: January 31, 2008, 07:50:58 AM »
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/01/29/national/a161201S21.DTL

A woman in southwestern Pennsylvania locked her 10-year-old grandson in a feces-filled dog crate for about 90 minutes because he told his family he had been spiking their drinks with lamp oil and household cleaner, police said.

Rhonda Lehman, 51, also called Washington County's Mental Health/Mental Retardation office and said if someone wouldn't come for the boy, she would bury him alive in the back yard, police said.

Lehman has custody of the boy, who told police he was lacing the drinks with the oil and a cleaner named "Bam" because "he was angry because he didn't get to go on a trip" last year, said Washington police Officer James Markley.

It is possible the boy had been spiking the drinks for a while, authorities said. Family members became sick, but were not hospitalized.

I don't even know what to say. I don't know that I find the grandmother's reaction over the top. Your 10 year old grandkid is trying to poison the family--I mean how do you react to that? Even his brother wanted to kick his ass and she did call mental health to tell them to get him. I suspect a pair of grandparents got the kids already messed up from the apparently absent parent(s). I think the charges against her are over the top though. It sounds like the 'bury him in the backyard comment' was probably made in frustration and anger and they charge her with 'terrorist threats'?  :bs:

As a side note though and to add some humor into this, I perused the comments section and found a moonbat finding a way to link it to politics...again :yawn:             

click_wicked wrote:

Wow, is this another case of 4R, Retrded red-State Republicans who Reproduce? It would almost be funny if I was not losing my dinner. Is this what a once great nation has devolved into? Brittany, Bush and Boys in Dog Cages? Maybe we should not try to police the world. Maybe we should try to rebuild our country, heal our society and educate our people before these incidents become commonplace. Just a thought.

Posted 1/29/2008 6:50:10 PM

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
Re: Boy put in dog cage after spiking drinks
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 08:01:06 AM »
Hmmm? I have an 8 year old who is emotionally and mentally abusing me.Reminder to self to stop at Pet Supplies Plus on the way home! :-)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 08:02:10 AM »
Hmmm? I have an 8 year old who is emotionally and mentally abusing me.Reminder to self to stop at Pet Supplies Plus on the way home! :-)

Is he spiking your drinks with furniture polish?

That explains a lot.  :-) *runs*

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 08:19:18 AM »

No...Saliva the damn kid backwashes in my pop all the time. He's quite the daddies boy, wants to share everything with me and follows me around the house all night talking about how much he wants a DS or tattling on his older brothers. He also tells me he wants to grow up and be just like me :-)   OK Jty I left myself wide open take your shot :lmao:

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 08:24:23 AM »

No...Saliva the damn kid backwashes in my pop all the time. He's quite the daddies boy, wants to share everything with me and follows me around the house all night talking about how much he wants a DS or tattling on his older brothers. He also tells me he wants to grow up and be just like me :-)   OK Jty I left myself wide open take your shot :lmao:

Nope, I'll behave.  :-)

As for the backwash :o. Is something that 8 year old boys do? LOL

He's buttering you up for that DS. I know, my daughter did the same at that age and got one for her 8th bday.  :whatever: :whatever: She's nearly 10 and it is still a prized possession.

That's really sweet though about your boy. Enjoy it! I'm finding the grow up way to fast.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 08:37:52 AM »
Last October, my son wanted a DS. I was getting the complete "buttering up" campaign. Then I got a speeding ticket (my second one EVER!). The next day, they had to write a letter for a school assignment (it could be about anything) and he wrote one to me: "Dear Mom, I'm really sorry that you got a fine. But, I'm really worried that I won't be able to get a DS now. That makes me sad. Because I really, really, really want a DS. I hope you can still buy me one. Sorry you got caught."

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I had already bought him a DS - his birthday was coming up. I got some mileage out of his letter though.  :-)

okay, back on topic!!!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 08:38:44 AM »

He's buttering you up for that DS. I know, my daughter did the same at that age and got one for her 8th bday.  :whatever: :whatever: She's nearly 10 and it is still a prized possession.

That's really sweet though about your boy. Enjoy it! I'm finding the grow up way to fast.
He's actually a very good kid and is the only one of my 3 boys who thinks the sun rises and sets on me{he's the youngest so that probably has something to do with it} My wife and I joke that he will probably live with us until he is 30. Yeah 8,9 and 15 year old boys all backwash :banghead: but Chris gets away with it{he's got me wrapped around his little finger :lmao:}

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 08:41:51 AM »
I'm wondering how, if the cage was feces-filled, did she fit the boy into it.   Was some feces removed to allow room for the boy?  Was "feces-filled" an overstatement?  A discerning reader wants to know.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 08:44:18 AM »
^perhaps it was merely "feces-smeared" or "feces-decorated".

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 08:46:49 AM »
^perhaps it was merely "feces-smeared" or "feces-decorated".

I figure the writer didn't use "feces-laced dog crate" due to needing the word "lacing" later in the article.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 08:47:52 AM »
Last October, my son wanted a DS. I was getting the complete "buttering up" campaign. Then I got a speeding ticket (my second one EVER!). The next day, they had to write a letter for a school assignment (it could be about anything) and he wrote one to me: "Dear Mom, I'm really sorry that you got a fine. But, I'm really worried that I won't be able to get a DS now. That makes me sad. Because I really, really, really want a DS. I hope you can still buy me one. Sorry you got caught."

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I had already bought him a DS - his birthday was coming up. I got some mileage out of his letter though.  :-)

okay, back on topic!!!

"sorry you got caughty" :rotf:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 08:54:09 AM »
^LOL! I know! He makes me sound like a bandit or something. I just got pulled over for speeding because they changed the speed limit down this one residential street. I never go that way anymore so I hadn't noticed.

That's my story anyway!!! :-)

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 08:54:59 AM »

He's actually a very good kid and is the only one of my 3 boys who thinks the sun rises and sets on me{he's the youngest so that probably has something to do with it} My wife and I joke that he will probably live with us until he is 30. Yeah 8,9 and 15 year old boys all backwash :banghead: but Chris gets away with it{he's got me wrapped around his little finger :lmao:}
It's like that with my two boys, especially the 'baby'. My daughter goes back and forth between parents, but that's ok...she needs her dad's approval so she doesn't seek it elsewhere. Plus, dad is wrapped around her finger. I lost all my power when that child was born. :whatever: :-) I'm kidding, I love her to pieces. She's a good girl and looks just like a little freckled pixie.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 08:55:33 AM »
^LOL! I know! He makes me sound like a bandit or something. I just got pulled over for speeding because they changed the speed limit down this one residential street. I never go that way anymore so I hadn't noticed.

Tell it to the judge, lady.  :-)

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 08:57:03 AM »
I'm wondering how, if the cage was feces-filled, did she fit the boy into it.   Was some feces removed to allow room for the boy?  Was "feces-filled" an overstatement?  A discerning reader wants to know.

Feces laden?

Oh and toasted, I can not drink after my children, except the girl, because of the backwash issue. *shudder* Just gives me the gag reflex thinking about it.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2008, 09:07:34 AM »

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! It's always the quiet ones like me :-)

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2008, 09:44:27 AM »

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! It's always the quiet ones like me :-)

Trust me when I say I understand completely. I'm actually more of an observer in real life...at first anyway.  :-)