Author Topic: Palin to Campaign for Chambliss in Georgia (GA senate runoff update)  (Read 1223 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
this should go a long way toward reconciling chambliss with the base (whatever their problem with him happaned to be).  the last poll I saw had him up 3 points, which I thought seemed low . . .

Palin to Campaign for Chambliss in Georgia
In a tight runoff for the U.S. Senate seat all the big names have worked their way to Georgia, but Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin could draw the biggest crowd.

ATLANTA -- Sen. Saxby Chambliss confirmed Tuesday that Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin will campaign in Georgia with him on Monday, Dec. 1.

"I was thrilled when I got the call that Governor Palin would be able to make the trip to Georgia to campaign with me the day before the runoff election," Chambliss said in a news release. "Julianne and I are honored that she would take the time to travel to Georgia to tell everyone how important this election is and I know that she will receive an enthusiastic welcome everywhere we go."

Chambliss is locked in a nationally watched Dec. 2 runoff against Democrat Jim Martin. The contest will help determine whether Democrats win a filibuster-proof majority in the U.S. Senate.

Palin will join Chambliss for four public rallies across the state on
Monday: 8:30 a.m. in Augusta; 11:00 a.m. in Savannah; 1:30 p.m. in Perry; and 4:00 p.m. in Atlanta.

Following Palin's visit, Former New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani will swing through Georgia on Tuesday to campaign with Chambliss.

More