Author Topic: Recount mixup prompts dispute in Ramsey County (MN senate recount update)  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour

the number of ballots cast is something that shouldn't change in three weeks. :whatever:  I have read that 75% of the counties are recounted, but that minneapolis is still out, and it's a franken stronghold . . . and of course, dem voters can't figure out how to use a ballot properly.

Recount mixup prompts dispute in Ramsey County
A discrepancy over the number of ballots in a box and the number recorded on a computer tape from Election Day prompted a dispute this morning at the U.S. Senate recount underway in Ramsey County.

The mandatory statewide recount began last week in the race between Republican Norm Coleman and Democrat Al Franken.

In Ramsey county, there were seven fewer ballots in the box from St. Paul's Ward 5, Precinct 8 than recorded on Nov. 4. Election judges counted the ballots three times before resealing the box amid protests from Franken's observers.

County Elections Manager Joe Mansky said it's possible that judges in the precinct, located on the northern edge of St. Paul bordering Maplewood, might have inadvertently run some ballots through twice.

Franken won the precinct, so his forces lodged a protest. Mansky said they can only count what is in the box, and suggested that Franken officials take the matter to court if they think something unfair has occurred.

More

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: Recount mixup prompts dispute in Ramsey County (MN senate recount update)
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 02:57:30 PM »

and this is nice.   no problem here, move along.  I mean, what could go wrong? :whatever:

Minn. woman both ballot counter and Franken worker

BRECKENRIDGE, Minn. - A local woman who volunteered to help count ballots in the U.S. Senate recount in Wilkin County probably would not have been allowed to do so if the county auditor had known that she had also worked for a Senate candidate in Otter Tail County.

"Had I known that, she probably wouldn’t have been part of the team," Wilkin County Auditor Wayne Bezenek, told The Forum of Fargo, N.D. "That would have been the right thing to do."

Maggie Vertin spent two days last week in Fergus Falls for Otter Tail County’s recount as an observer for Democrat Al Franken. She was also one of eight volunteers who assisted with the Wilkin County effort in Breckenridge on Saturday.

Vertin said she was able to set her politics aside to help with the Wilkin County recount. "I feel I can be completely unbiased," Vertin said. "Everyone in this room is partisan to some degree."

Vertin, who lives in Breckenridge and has a cabin in Otter Tail County, said she worked for a party during the recount in Otter Tail County, but would not say which one.

more

Offline Jim

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 08:56:18 PM »
People really need to go to prison after this settles down.
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 03:09:51 PM »
People really need to go to prison after this settles down.

Well, that depends who wins, if anyone but a Democrat wins in one of these scenarios, then yes - someone will need to go to prison. If the Democrat does win, then the will of the people has been served.