Author Topic: Time Magazine editor : 'extreme pro-Obama' press bias  (Read 2387 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Time Magazine editor : 'extreme pro-Obama' press bias
« on: November 22, 2008, 09:01:25 PM »

gosh, ya think? :whatever:  they are willing to admit it now that the deed is done.  bastards.

Halperin at Politico/USC conf.: 'extreme pro-Obama' press bias

Media bias was more intense in the 2008 election than in any other national campaign in recent history, Time magazine's Mark Halperin said Friday at the Politico/USC conference on the 2008 election.

"It's the most disgusting failure of people in our business since the Iraq war," Halperin said at a panel of media analysts. "It was extreme bias, extreme pro-Obama coverage."

Halperin, who maintains Time's political site "The Page," cited two New York Times articles as examples of the divergent coverage of the two candidates.

"The example that I use, at the end of the campaign, was the two profiles that The New York Times ran of the potential first ladies," Halperin said. "The story about Cindy McCain was vicious. It looked for every negative thing they could find about her and it case her in an extraordinarily negative light. It didn't talk about her work, for instance, as a mother for her children, and they cherry-picked every negative thing that's ever been written about her."

The story about Michelle Obama, by contrast, was "like a front-page endorsement of what a great person Michelle Obama is," according to Halperin.

More

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Time Magazine editor : 'extreme pro-Obama' press bias
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 09:26:44 PM »
Yeah, yeah, like Time magazine can talk.

Of the 46 weekly issues thus far this year, the Big Zero's been on the cover 17 times.

It used to be that getting on the cover of Time magazine was a rare distinction--I'm sure nobody, but nobody, was ever on the cover more than three or four times (and over decades, not just a single year), when Henry R. Luce was at helm.

Time magazine's no more than a Big Zero fan-club magazine now, just like hundreds of other Big Zero fan-club magazines.  And because the market's bloated with Big Zero fan-club magazines, Time's circulation has dropped precipitously.

There was a massive layoff there this past week, at Time magazine.

Apparently they don't know that to succeed, one has to offer a "unique" product, a product no one, but no one, else offers.

Like a conservative-leaning weekly newsmagazine.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 09:29:52 PM »
Yeah, yeah, like Time magazine can talk.

Of the 46 weekly issues thus far this year, the Big Zero's been on the cover 17 times.

It used to be that getting on the cover of Time magazine was a rare distinction--I'm sure nobody, but nobody, was ever on the cover more than three or four times (and over decades, not just a single year), when Henry R. Luce was at helm.

Time magazine's no more than a Big Zero fan-club magazine now, just like hundreds of other Big Zero fan-club magazines.  And because the market's bloated with Big Zero fan-club magazines, Time's circulation has dropped precipitously.

There was a massive layoff there this past week
, at Time magazine.

Apparently they don't know that to succeed, one has to offer a "unique" product, a product no one, but no one, else offers.

Like a conservative-leaning weekly newsmagazine.

I think it was 50.  but that's pretty big.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 08:00:34 AM »
I think it was 50.  but that's pretty big.

I didn't see the number.

The Drudge link read something like "massive blood-spilling at Time."

So I clicked on the link, and the number was probably in the article, but it went in and out of this head; I was more interested in names.

I don't know excresence about media celebrities, television celebrities, or radio personalities, but I do know something about print personalities, and so was more interested in who got the axe, than how many got the axe.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 08:15:21 PM »
no way!

:whatever:

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 08:19:33 PM »
gosh, ya think? :whatever:  they are willing to admit it now that the deed is done.  bastards.

yeah! it's really big of them isn't it?