Author Topic: Couric Advises Gov. Palin to 'Learn About Governing'...Seriously!  (Read 5792 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
In today's Pot Calling the Kettle Black moment, CBS Evening News anchor Katie Couric advises Sarah Palin to "keep her head down, work really hard and learn about governing."

When you stop laughing, consider that I'm not kidding.

Really. I'm not.

Here's what Couric told the New York Post's Richard Johnson at Glamour Magazine's 2008 Women of the Year Awards Monday (file photo):

I think she should keep her head down, work really hard and learn about governing. But I'm not anyone to give advice to anyone about anything.

Interesting how people that seem to understand their own limitations -- "I'm not anyone to give advice to anyone about anything" -- choose to publicly render opinions anyway.

When asked about her infamous interview with the Alaska governor and its impact, Couric said:

I was really just a conduit that allowed her to air her views...I don't want to judge. I'll let the voters do that.

Yeah...she doesn't want to judge. Anybody interested in buying a bridge?
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/11/12/couric-advises-gov-palin-learn-about-governing-seriously#comment-778584

I think Katie should keep her head down, work really hard and learn about news reporting.  Maybe then her ratings will move ABOVE those of Keith Overbite and Rick Maddow show repeats on MSNBC.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Couric Advises Gov. Palin to 'Learn About Governing'...Seriously!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 09:10:59 AM »
I really can't stand that bitch, she comes across as a completely partisan vile toad whenever she has a high-profile Republican to interview, her voice dripping implied criticism of every answer.  Only a totally insensitive person or totally arrogant one could fail to pick up on her underlying hostility.

Damned if I can see why they even scheduled Palin to interview with her, especially if they were going to restrict her press appearances - most hostile network and most hostile mainstream anchor, what a great idea.  I have heard one of McCain's top media incompetent fools consultants was some gal who is best buds with Katie and was behind, which if true would also indicate the probable origin of the recent backbiting 'unsourced' hit pieces.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 09:35:55 AM »
I think Sarah would be wise to have her own people record any interview , just to have the facts available, and not allow biased editing to make her look bad.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 11:14:13 AM »
I have never watched her curren show....Even when she was on the Today show, she annoyed the hell out of me..and I had no idea what her political leanings were.  Matt Lauer seemed cool..but as soon as she came on, I changed the channel.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 11:56:49 AM »
I never liked Katie Couric either. She's just a loud mouth and all about me mentality.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 12:16:47 PM »
I never liked Katie Couric either. She's just a loud mouth and all about me mentality.

She copped a lot of public sympathy when her husband died - maybe 5 or 6 years ago.

And let's face it - the Today Show, Good Morning America, and whatever the hell the CBS equivalent is are geared toward the soccer mom, the guy on his way to work, and to the stay-at-home who get their news that way. Thirty second sound bites that "report the news."

My ass.

Those people - Matt Lauer, Diane Sawyer, Robin whatsherface, Charlie Gibson, and Katie Couric are as far removed from journalism as I am from Beijing.

They are entertainers. Pure and simple.

It's a good damned thing I don't want to be "entertained" in the morning. (I can't say the same for Mrs. E, though. It's all I can do to keep from barfing when she's got GMA on the idiot window.)
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 12:21:40 PM »
She copped a lot of public sympathy when her husband died - maybe 5 or 6 years ago.

And let's face it - the Today Show, Good Morning America, and whatever the hell the CBS equivalent is are geared toward the soccer mom, the guy on his way to work, and to the stay-at-home who get their news that way. Thirty second sound bites that "report the news."

My ass.

Those people - Matt Lauer, Diane Sawyer, Robin whatsherface, Charlie Gibson, and Katie Couric are as far removed from journalism as I am from Beijing.

They are entertainers. Pure and simple.

It's a good damned thing I don't want to be "entertained" in the morning. (I can't say the same for Mrs. E, though. It's all I can do to keep from barfing when she's got GMA on the idiot window.)

I don't even watch them. CBS is the Early Show. I rather watch the local morning news. It's a lot better than those national morning news shows. They are kinda like an extended Entertainment Tonight. Nightline is crap after Ted Koppel left.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 12:32:16 PM »
I don't even watch them. CBS is the Early Show. I rather watch the local morning news. It's a lot better than those national morning news shows. They are kinda like an extended Entertainment Tonight. Nightline is crap after Ted Koppel left.

Local news. Sheesh.

Murder, mayhem, rapes, arson, punks and criminals of every size and shape.

Oh, let's grab a minute of weather here.

More murder, mayhem, rapes, arson, and still more punks and criminals of every size and shape.

Etcetera.

Watching local news depresses the hell out of me.  :banghead:

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 12:36:13 PM »

Don't forget SPORTS, SPORTS, SPORTS!!  Obviously, the louder the "reporter" yells, the better he is at his job.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 02:17:11 PM »
Local news. Sheesh.

More murder, mayhem, rapes, arson, and still more punks and criminals of every size and shape.

Etcetera.

Sounds like you need to move.

Oh, and Katie?  Your proctologist called with the results of your latest colonoscopy.  They found your brain.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 02:38:12 PM »
I was really just a conduit that allowed her to air her views...I don't want to judge. I'll let the voters do that.

Oh, really? Is that why you prepped for this *interview* by consulting a Barack Hussein Obama old hack?:

Couric shed some light on her preparation for the interviews: Beforehand, she sought advice from former senator Sam Nunn and Council on Foreign Relations president Richard Haas. They told her to draw Palin out on her geopolitical worldview and urged her to let the governor speak at length without interrupting her. Maybe she should bring them along with her when she takes over at Meet the Press?

http://www.weaselzippers.net/blog/2008/11/couric-prepped-for-palin-interview-by-consulting-with-obamas-informal-chief-adviser.html

Her contract's almost up over at SeeBS, and they're not going to want to renew it, so maybe she should try to compete with Chrissy Matthews and Keith Olbermann for Press Secretary. Oh, wait, she's a woman, forget it . . .she could just iron Barack Hussein Obama's shirts.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 02:55:20 PM »
Her contract's almost up over at SeeBS, and they're not going to want to renew it, so maybe she should try to compete with Chrissy Matthews and Keith Olbermann for Press Secretary. Oh, wait, she's a woman, forget it . . .she could just iron Barack Hussein Obama's shirts.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there, Tess, I don't foresee many women being on his short list for most of the top jobs.  HHS and Press Secretary no doubt, AG maybe, and possibly Interior, but not HLS, State, Defense, or National Security Advisor.  There are some very bad choices he could make for Treasury, Commerce, and Labor in either gender, we can count on those being horrible choices no matter what gender he picks.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 07:10:33 PM »
I can't stand Katie Colonic! She's the proverbial Mean Girl with freaky Ben Affleck rabbit teeth. :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 07:17:53 PM »
Okay, so does anyone but me find it more than a little ironic that a woman who is DEAD LAST in national ratings and who, in Los Angeles, consistently gets lower rankings than 5-year old reruns of "Two And A Half Men" on KTLA is now lecturing a governor with a near 90-percent approval rating on how to do their job?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 08:44:51 PM »
Okay, so does anyone but me find it more than a little ironic that a woman who is DEAD LAST in national ratings and who, in Los Angeles, consistently gets lower rankings than 5-year old reruns of "Two And A Half Men" on KTLA is now lecturing a governor with a near 90-percent approval rating on how to do their job?

Oh no .You are certainly not alone. I have stopped watching the National News since it has stoped being about the news and is now becoming the Ministry of Truth for the Big Zero.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Jim

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 08:59:27 PM »
I think Sarah would be wise to have her own people record any interview , just to have the facts available, and not allow biased editing to make her look bad.

only live interviews

no smoke
no mirrors
no editing when the interviewer messes up.
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2008, 02:14:57 PM »
I can't stand Katie Colonic! She's the proverbial Mean Girl with freaky Ben Affleck rabbit teeth. :-)

Did you just say rabbit?
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2008, 02:22:21 PM »
Don't forget SPORTS, SPORTS, SPORTS!!  Obviously, the louder the "reporter" yells, the better he is at his job.
I have seen local news all over the country do this when there is one dark cloud on the horizon:

STORM WATCH 2008!!!  STAY TUNED FOR ALL THE INFORMATION AS WE TRACK THIS DEVASTATING POTENTIAL STORM!!!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2008, 03:39:44 PM »
Sounds like you need to move.

Oh, and Katie?  Your proctologist called with the results of your latest colonoscopy.  They found your brain.

Since 1994 I've lived in seven states. Bought and sold four homes.

I'm here to tell you - local news is the same everywhere. Just the call letters change.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2008, 05:52:46 PM »
Did you just say rabbit?
LOL! Yes......
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 10:35:39 AM »
Local news. Sheesh.

Etcetera.

Good grief! Where the hell do you live???? :o :o :o
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2008, 10:37:15 AM »

Sounds like he's describing one of the newscasts up here in D.C.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2008, 10:39:40 AM »
Local news. Sheesh.

Etcetera.

That type of news would be applicable to ANY major metropolitan area.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2008, 10:53:02 AM »
Palin: "Keep, your head down and learn about asking real questions, Katie!"
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2008, 03:46:42 PM »

That type of news would be applicable to ANY major metropolitan area.
I think you're right. One of the reasons I moved to North Idaho 30 years ago!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!