Author Topic: Obama seeks delay in voter fraud investigation  (Read 1132 times)

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
Obama seeks delay in voter fraud investigation
« on: October 25, 2008, 07:43:15 PM »
Obama seeks delay in voter fraud investigation
Jim Brown - OneNewsNow - 10/24/2008 8:00:00 AMBookmark and Share

Barack Obama's presidential campaign is pressuring the Department of Justice to put off a probe of voter registration fraud allegations leveled against the now infamous liberal group ACORN.

Lawyers for the Obama campaign have written U.S. Attorney General Michael Mukasey, asking him to delay any investigations of voter fraud until after the election. The Obama campaign's general counsel, Robert Bauer, says the FBI should instead be investigating those who have lodged complaints of voter registration fraud against groups like ACORN.  Bauer contends that concerns about voter registration fraud are "manufactured allegations" being used to intimidate and disenfranchise low-income voters. (See earlier article on ACORN)

Former Oklahoma Republican Congressman Ernest Istook is a distinguished fellow for government relations at the Heritage Foundation. He says the Obama campaign is encouraging ACORN to continue its "nefarious" conduct.

Well I am shocked, SHOCKED I tell ya!!! /sarc. Hope the DOJ continues.

More: http://www.onenewsnow.com/Election2008/Default.aspx?id=297446

« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 07:46:31 PM by Attero Dominatus »
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Schadenfreude

Re: Obama seeks delay in voter fraud investigation
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 07:46:08 PM »
Now you have to ask yourself why in the world would anyone not want to do everything within reason to ensure that US elections are legal?
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 07:57:51 PM »
They attempt to justify their opposition to commonsense voter fraud investigations by pretending to be concerned about those who will be/might be/possibly could be "disenfranchised" by such action.  I cannot figure out the logistics behind their statements of protest, as I am sure no one can, but it sounds "pretty" to those among us who do not think things through, so they get away with it.

Every fraudulent vote cast "disenfranchises" a legitimate vote somewhere by cancelling it out.  There is no arguing that fact or any need to hunt for the logic.  It amazes me no one seems concerned about this REAL disenfranchisement.  It is never even brought up.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 07:58:49 PM »
How can anybody read something like this and not think something is rotten in the state of Denmark ? I mean.. Comeon - (paraphrase) Obama: "Don't investigate the possible crime, investigate those who are exposing possible crime instead." ?

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 08:02:12 PM »
Yep.... you hear about all these one-off stories in which someone was blocked from voting. No witnesses, no nothing, just a claim that Joe citizen couldn't cast their vote. 
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€