Author Topic: Biden's Son, Brother Named in Two Suits  (Read 697 times)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Biden's Son, Brother Named in Two Suits
« on: August 24, 2008, 09:46:10 PM »
Biden's Son, Brother Named in Two Suits
A son and a brother of Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr. (D-Del.) are accused in two lawsuits of defrauding a former business partner and an investor of millions of dollars in a hedge fund deal that went sour, court records show.

The Democratic vice presidential candidate's son Hunter, 38, and brother James, 59, assert instead that their former partner defrauded them by misrepresenting his experience in the hedge fund industry and recommending that they hire a lawyer with felony convictions.

The legal actions have been playing out in New York State Supreme Court since 2007, and they focus on Hunter and James Biden's involvement in Paradigm Companies LLC, a hedge fund group. Hunter Biden, a Washington lobbyist, briefly served as president of the firm.

A lawsuit filed by their former partner Anthony Lotito Jr. asserts in court papers that the deal was crafted to get Hunter Biden out of lobbying because his father was concerned about the impact it would have on his bid for the White House. Biden was running for the Democratic nomination at the time the suit was filed.

(more...)

I guess that whole Most Honest Congress In History thing doesn't extend to immediate family.

This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Re: Biden's Son, Brother Named in Two Suits
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 11:45:32 AM »
In the same vein.

Remember when Barack Obama wanted to change the manner business got conducted in Washington?  If that seems a long time ago, it retreated further in the distance when Team Obama admitted yesterday that running mate Joe Biden had a son consulting MBNA, a credit company who had a lot to lose if a bankruptcy bill Obama opposed became law.  Biden actively supported the bill, which made their investment in consultants look wide indeed:

During the years that Senator Joseph R. Biden Jr. was helping the credit card industry win passage of a law making it harder for consumers to file for bankruptcy protection, his son had a consulting agreement that lasted five years with one of the largest companies pushing for the changes, aides to Senator Barack Obama’s presidential campaign acknowledged Sunday.

... more...
http://hotair.com/archives/2008/08/25/bidens-son-consulted-for-credit-company-biden-defended-in-senate/

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Biden's Son, Brother Named in Two Suits
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 07:01:42 PM »
^nothing to see here folks. move along. I can't wait until someone brings up Keating. *eyeroll*
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle