Author Topic: Priests in a gay bar  (Read 3057 times)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Priests in a gay bar
« on: July 24, 2010, 10:22:39 AM »
http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/07/23/romes-gay-priest-scandal-makes-everyone-look-bad/?icid=main|hp-desktop|dl1|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.politicsdaily.com%2F2010%2F07%2F23%2Fromes-gay-priest-scandal-makes-everyone-look-bad%2F

Do people really believe in God.?

Is out brain hard wired to have a belief in a supreme being or do we use God as an excuse to prove that some of us are more equal than others.

No One faith is immune from this thinking, Not the Christians or the Jews, or any subsect of the lot.

Some believe only humans have a soul, yet others believe that by the information we have today about Animal behavior that may not be correct.

Example----You come home and find you dog is hiding, cowering on the floor whimpering from fear.    Next you find the dog has been in the trash and scattered it about the house.  The dog has no history of ever doing this so how does the dog know they may have done something wrong.  Does the dog know right from wrong.??

Mankind was given authority over the earth and it's creatures as humans are the only species that can adapt and keep changing as the need grows.

God gave people free will as if you a parent gave a 3 year old free will to run amok.  Then out of the blue came in and beat the hell out of them for doing something you now disapproved of.

Such as YOU leave a marking pen in a place that they can find it.  You watch as they mark up the walls and destroy your clothing, you allow them to curse you out and disrespect you and perhaps kick you or bite.

A few years go by and the kids now face your wrath for something you have allow them to do, for the kids this was normal as things go, now they completely confused about being hit upside the head with a 2x4.

Interesting thing religion, some how the bible will excuse some people for doing bad things and come down on those that have committed acts of sympathy and grace.

Offline soleil

Re: Priests in a gay bar
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 08:57:40 PM »
This is kinda all over the place really. Priests (Catholic) are to remain celibate. Visiting a gay bar, etc. is frowned upon. Anything looking for sexual relations would be frowned upon. But the whole molestation of children involving these "celibate" priests overrides anything else IMO.

But I am confused as to what your post has to do with the article you posted. Do these priests actually believe in God? Would God find their actions ok?

I am trying to figure out what you are really asking. You bring up animals having souls. And you bring up free will, but I am not sure what that has to do with priests doing things that would be condemned by their own religion much less God. Tempting a kid to do what they will with crayons doesn't even rhyme with a priest who took a vow of celibacy looking for sex. And you have to take into account different religions asking different things. After all, God is all forgiving. People are not.

IMO there is no "right" religion. I go with the one that teaches the Bible the way I believe it most. But religions were man-made, and can be inconsistent and hypocritical. But people defend their religion over God a lot of the time, not realizing that is what they are doing.

And NO not everyone believes in any god much less my God. Free will and all that. I don't know a Catholic person that would be ok with a priest looking for sex ANYWHERE.

See, now my answer is all over the place.  :thatsright:

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 07:53:53 AM »
This is kinda all over the place really. Priests (Catholic) are to remain celibate. Visiting a gay bar, etc. is frowned upon. Anything looking for sexual relations would be frowned upon. But the whole molestation of children involving these "celibate" priests overrides anything else IMO.

But I am confused as to what your post has to do with the article you posted. Do these priests actually believe in God? Would God find their actions ok?

I am trying to figure out what you are really asking. You bring up animals having souls. And you bring up free will, but I am not sure what that has to do with priests doing things that would be condemned by their own religion much less God. Tempting a kid to do what they will with crayons doesn't even rhyme with a priest who took a vow of celibacy looking for sex. And you have to take into account different religions asking different things. After all, God is all forgiving. People are not.

IMO there is no "right" religion. I go with the one that teaches the Bible the way I believe it most. But religions were man-made, and can be inconsistent and hypocritical. But people defend their religion over God a lot of the time, not realizing that is what they are doing.

And NO not everyone believes in any god much less my God. Free will and all that. I don't know a Catholic person that would be ok with a priest looking for sex ANYWHERE.

See, now my answer is all over the place.  :thatsright:

Not sure myself Solie, I had been reading some sites on religion and everything I read seemed to get in a mish mash of ideas .

One site I found is for gay Priests, this I found by following links and forgot to book mark the place.     The internet is like the land of OZ to me, I follow the yellow brick road and have no idea what I will find.

This site had an interesting discussion or debate on Gay Priests and this is what I found.  ---

One new Priest explained that if God had not wanted him to be Gay, he would not be so.
 Another older I believe stated that the rule of celebracy only states that a priest cannot have sex with a woman, nothing is said about another man.

Another poster pointed out that this rule was set in place as when a Priest married, had children then when he died all his worldly goods went to his family. They pointed out that some of the Priests had amassed a goodly amount of property and money and the Church at that time needed to find a way to gloom onto it.  So, no marrage or sex that could produce heirs to challenge the church for Daddy's money.

On to other links that led me into some forums that brought interesting ideas on the thinking of the day when the bible was Assembled, and how it was translated to present day form.

The Catholic Church IS the mother Church of Christianity, When Marthen Luther posted his edict on the doors of the Catholic Churches is when people began to look at the leaders of that faith and found enough fault to begin to form their own separate but equal beliefs.

Offline Doc

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic transit gloria mundi
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 01:00:12 PM »
The Catholic Church IS the mother Church of Christianity, When Marthen Luther posted his edict on the doors of the Catholic Churches is when people began to look at the leaders of that faith and found enough fault to begin to form their own separate but equal beliefs.

Actually the Catholic Church claims to be the "mother church of all Christianity"........history tells a different tale, when one actually studies it.

Some Baptist Churches claim their roots are with the ministry of John the Baptist......predating Christ's ministry by several years.

The Egyptian/Ethiopian Coptic Christian Church claims its founding (with some Scriptural credibility) to Mary, the Mother of Christ, when she fled there following the Crucifixion.......

The Catholic Church is inarguably the predominant church emerging in the second century AD, but it is arguable as to whether they are the "mother church".......and they are certainly not the oldest.

doc
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 01:09:41 PM by Doc »

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 01:07:18 PM »
Actually the Catholic Church claims to be the "mother church of all Christianity"........history tells a different tale, when one actually studies it.

doc

I would agree.

Jesus is the foundation of the church.

Offline Doc

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic transit gloria mundi
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 01:14:14 PM »
I would agree.

Jesus is the foundation of the church.

There is that.......however I edited my post above........speaking in historical context purely.....

doc

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 02:10:39 PM »
If you follow the Bible as the word/law of God, you cannot engage in homosexual practices.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.