Author Topic: Unsung Braves built for October  (Read 9668 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Unsung Braves built for October
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2008, 03:01:55 PM »

oh, as loud as the suckage is coming from chavez ravine, I'm not precluding the possibility of 0-6, or 2-4 for the two series :whatever:.  it just hasn't happened quite yet. :-)

Hey, we can always hope Jones starts batting his weight...

or gets as many base hits as hooters girls. :-)  hey, wanna trade joneses? :hyper:

LOL
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2008, 04:44:47 AM »
I see that Jair Jurrjens kept things up last night.  And the Braves' bullpen didn't exactly help matters . . . again . . . And, whoda thunk that Mike Pelfrey would have more wins than John Maine, Johan Santana, and Pedro Martinez combined, at this point of the season?  :o
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2008, 09:29:36 AM »
I see that Jair Jurrjens kept things up last night.  And the Braves' bullpen didn't exactly help matters . . . again . . . And, whoda thunk that Mike Pelfrey would have more wins than John Maine, Johan Santana, and Pedro Martinez combined, at this point of the season?  :o

I saw this morning where there are 133 players on the DL.  What the hell is going on?
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2008, 10:38:37 AM »

I saw this morning where there are 133 players on the DL.  What the hell is going on?

MLB took everyone's steroids away.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2008, 10:45:11 AM »

H5, Exactly what I was thinking.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2008, 10:53:50 AM »

it's a tough observation to make when you are talking about injuries to professional athletes, but it's
just naive to think that it isn't having an effect. 

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2008, 12:44:09 PM »

it's a tough observation to make when you are talking about injuries to professional athletes, but it's

I agree.  'Roids just might have an effect beyond bulking the user up.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2008, 08:05:32 AM »

According to Pettit and others it speeds the healing time from injuries, so it only makes sense that it prevents them as well.

Braves lose another one run game. :banghead:

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2008, 08:21:19 AM »

According to Pettit and others it speeds the healing time from injuries, so it only makes sense that it prevents them as well.

Braves lose another one run game. :banghead:

don't worry.  a lot of teams are getting well as soon as LA rolls into town. :-)

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2008, 09:05:07 AM »
Yup.  I see that the Braves got the first one . . .

And, then there's this.

Glavine makes first career trip to DL
Veteran's hamstring prevents him from making scheduled start
By Jon Cooper / Special to MLB.com 

ATLANTA -- Over his long career, Tom Glavine had done just about everything a pitcher can do. On Friday night, the 42-year-old lefty made another career first, this one very much unwelcome.
He is going to the disabled list. It is the first such trip in his 22-year career.

For a workhorse like Glavine, who has made at least 33 starts every year but two since 1988 (those two seasons he made 29 and 32), it wasn't an easy decision for him to hear, or to live with.

"I've been on the DL, like, two hours and I hate it," said Glavine after Friday night's game. "You feel like you've let people down. It's not an easy pill to swallow, but I hope that it's the intelligent choice and the right choice for the long term. But for now it's not going to be something that's easy for me to come to grips with. I'll do what I have to do to make sure that 12 days or nine days from now, I'm ready to go."

Even though there's a bunch of Mets' fans smarting over Glavine's last start for the orange-and-blue, where he lasted a third of an inning and gave up seven runs, I'm not one of them.  Glavine has always been a class act.

The rest is at:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080418&content_id=2549111&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Come back soon, Tom.

Chase her.