Author Topic: Finally! A Proglodyte I support  (Read 551 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Finally! A Proglodyte I support
« on: August 16, 2013, 02:09:11 PM »
Adam051188 (25 posts)

I was typing a response to safety kitten's thread about wanting to leave the u.s. ...............

when someone decided to get sensitive about it.......this was my response. This is intended for discussion and thought provocation.

I'm right there with you. I've gone as far as ordering language learning material and goal setting. There is definitely world wide conflict over resources on the horizon. The next 30-60 year period in global history is going to have scorch marks on certain areas of the globe. Will the U.S.A. be one of those areas? There is A LOT of data and pattern breakdowns to consider when trying to guess.

One national factor my attention is continually drawn to is the baby boomer bulge. This huge group of people hitting the retirement age right now are inflicting massive strain(or will be very soon) on the national safety nets and healthcare infrastructure, this is looking and is going to look more and more like economic trouble as our nation struggles with healthcare expenses and funding for social security. After this problem runs it's course things have a chance of getting much better here, but we will have to wait 30 years, and we have to make a lot more good decisions than bad.

The scariest thing about living here for me is that people here seem to be so blind to the world around them. Climate change is real. The reason it is not exhibiting itself as "global warming" (IE; the air around us and soil under our feet is not getting hotter) is because the oceans are absorbing the heat. The reason the oceans are not getting significantly hotter yet because of this heat is because ice from the polar caps is keeping it relatively stable. Once the ice is melted things get really hot really fast. There is a cut off point and once we pass it I don't think we'll coming back. High altitude living MIGHT be the only way to escape that problem. (rockies, andes, or alps, take your pick)

Parts of South America and Western Europe are the only other parts of the world that have solid chances of escaping the resource shortage struggles totally unscathed. I'm not sure anyone can really predict accurately what is GOING to happen because of the human factors but it's safe to say SE asia is not the place to be, neither is africa. Europe is a little close to those regions for my liking but Europe receives much less negative attention than the U.S.A. from foreign political groups who will try to find an enemy to mobilize their starving masses against once things really get going.

Western Europe is vulnerable to African and Russian chaos, but certain small national pockets have a high probability of being spared significant hardship even in that event.

Chile and western Argentina are perfect for the climate change scenario but lack developed armies to defend themselves from the chaos that will be emanating very strongly I believe from the Brazilian and Argentine coast.

U.S.A. has significant challenges because of it's role as (insert contemptuous imperialist title here) to the rest of the world. It's very unpredictable here. Terrorism is real and the U.S. has a lot of enemies. Mexico is a card to keep your eye on, especially if you live anywhere near there. There are going to be some hot thirsty Mexicans in the not TOO distant future. Canada is actually a very safe bet. Maybe better than all the others. Learn french, a lot the safe places speak french.

anyway safety kitten if you read this before it gets blocked those are my thoughts....I get pretty down about the political situation here sometimes and leaving seems like the only option purely out of moral protest to the activities in congress where our government is currently bought and sold, but take heart, at least were not in valley forge anymore. :^)

Do it! Or you're a *****!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023471923
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline ConservativeMobster

Re: Finally! A Proglodyte I support
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 03:05:10 PM »
I totally expected to see a blank page here  :rotf:
Our people look for a cause to believe in. Is it a third party we need, or is it a new and revitalized second party, raising a banner of no pale pastels, but bold colors which make it unmistakably clear where we stand on all of the issues troubling the people?***Ronald Reagan

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 03:15:47 PM »
It devolved into a slapfest.  :catfight:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 03:29:05 PM »
The Adamsnumbers primitive and Safetykitten primitive are both almost as sharp as a spoon.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 03:35:23 PM »
High altitude living could save you from the heat?  But ... wouldn't that put you closer to the sun??

:-)

DUmmie speak.

:lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 04:01:52 PM »
Quote from:
Adam051188

I was typing a response to safety kitten's thread about wanting to leave the u.s. when someone decided to get sensitive about it

Here's the thread that was jury hidden.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023471311

Seems the cat got too critical about Dear Leader, which isn't permissible. He could be prez for 100 years with every member of Congress a Dem and things could (and would) be worse than they are now, but on Skin's island the only acceptable criticism  would be to blame everything on the Republicans from 100 years ago. That's how loopy the primitives are.

From that thread:

Quote from:
cali

8. oh for pity's sake.

what a bunch of malarkey.

I'm hardly a cheerleader for President Obama but blaming the him as you do for the country being in steep decline demonstrates a real lack of knowledge and a bias so apparent that it's laughable.

President Obama is not responsible, as you claim. That's far more the "accomplishment" of the republicans and the right than it is of any other entity or person.

I don't say it often but I think your op should be hidden.

One reason the bitter Vermontese primitive has gone from really, really stupid to extra-special, double-dutch, extremely stupid in the past few years. She's my lead for DOTY right now.

But this does provide for me evidence that the primitives will continue to sink into poverty and despair as the next 3 years drag on. When you don't see, or are not willing to recognize, where the problem lies, you'll not know how to fend for yourself. This is where the primitives (and liberals in general) find themselves. It's as though they've been dropped into the ocean, they're disoriented and don't know up from down, so instead of letting out some air and watching where the bubbles go, they start swimming down towards the ocean floor while constantly wondering when they're going to surface. It's interesting to watch and laugh at.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 07:29:21 PM »
The primitives always seem to end up casting their greedy eyes on Canada for their next gravy train after they bleed the U.S. dry.   Only problem is, the Canadians wised up after the influx of draft dodgers (notorious freeloaders) of the 60's.  They have much tougher laws for immigration than we do.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 07:45:44 PM »
The primitives always seem to end up casting their greedy eyes on Canada for their next gravy train after they bleed the U.S. dry.   Only problem is, the Canadians wised up after the influx of draft dodgers (notorious freeloaders) of the 60's.  They have much tougher laws for immigration than we do.

Actually, Canada ENFORCES its immigration laws.

We have the laws, but no one with enough balls to enforce it (or shoot the son of a b**** ACLU lawyer who sues anyone that does have the stones!)   :argh:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.