Author Topic: Sonomoron posts flat out lie gets dick caught in zipper  (Read 531 times)

Offline beefeater

Sonomoron posts flat out lie gets dick caught in zipper
« on: May 27, 2011, 08:16:22 PM »
Been some discussion about OblaBla and his auto-pen. This DUmmie naturally does a Bush did it too post. Total embellished LIE!

Liar liar frilly underwear on fire

Newsjock   (1000+ posts)           Fri May-27-11 04:07 PM
Original message
Congressman questions Patriot Act "autopen" signature

Source: CBS News

Republican Rep. Tom Graves of Georgia sent President Obama a letter today questioning the constitutionality of the president's use of a device called an autopen to sign into law an extension of the Patriot Act.

... The White House said Mr. Obama reviewed and approved the bill before authorizing the use of the autopen. The White House also highlighted the fact that the White House Office of Legal Counsel in 2005 determined that the use of the autopen was constitutional.(blah blah blah)

Sonoman   (1000+ posts)           Fri May-27-11 04:19 PM
Response to Original message
6. shrubbie used autopen quite frequently.

He would use it to show his petty disdain for whatever he was 'signing'.

Maybe Obama was sending the same message and pissed the pubbies off.

Sonoman
"Sure, why not?" - Sonoman

No he didn't JACKASS.

TimLighter (121 posts)           Fri May-27-11 05:09 PM
Response to Reply #6
13. Looks like Obama may have scored another first

As the news broke on Friday that President Obama signed the Patriot Act extension from France via autopen, you could almost hear thousands of Americans asking in unison, "What's an autopen?"

Well, it's a device that's often used by rock stars or sports heroes and yes, the president of the United States, usually to sign letters. This is the first time we know of that an autopen has signed a bill into law, though its use was carefully considered by the Justice Department in the George W. Bush administration.(snip)
President Clinton was in Turkey when a bill funding the government had to be signed, and President Reagan was in a similar situation while in China. In both cases, the Justice Department decided it was safer to fly the bill halfway around the world, rather than sign it with an autopen. After all, the Constitution says of the president's role in making a law, "if he approve, he shall sign it."

http://www.npr.org/2011/05/27/136717719/obama-wields-hi...

Bad enough that a fellow DUmmie calls you out, but uses NPR to do it.
My Old Man was a Chicago Republican until the day he died.

Then he became a democrat.

Offline jukin

Re: Sonomoron posts flat out lie gets dick caught in zipper
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 10:25:12 AM »
Can we start calling the left "Big Ignorance"?
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 11:19:31 AM »
sofa king  (1000+ posts)        Sat May-28-11 11:26 AM
Response to Reply #22
24. I guess I am wrong.
 Though I still find it hard to believe, as Thomas Jefferson was using one in 1804 (though probably not to sign bills).

It would appear that previously the autopen (and Ronald Reagan's habit of having his secretary and sometimes his mother sign his documents) was only used for non-essential documents.

...But I'm still not sure about Saint Ronnie. According to one source, 80% of the signed documents supposed to be in the Reagan Presidential Library are lost or misplaced.

That's also probably an accurate gauge of how much of Reagan's work was legitimate, legal, and above the table.

I would suggest that one possible reason why so many documents are missing is because they might have been signed with an autopen. I vaguely recall a Time Magazine article from that decade which hinted at the same thing--which is why I made the apparently erroneous statement above.
Or maybe you're just full of shit like a young crow. :loser:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 11:15:14 PM »
According to one source...

:jerkit:
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."