Author Topic: Bernie supporters haven't got a clue. I know because I supported McGovern  (Read 1087 times)

Offline zeitgeist

I meant to get put this up earlier in the week but several things intervened.

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/1287513953

Star Member Stuart G (24,834 posts)

With total respect, Bernie supporters haven't got a clue. I know because I supported McGovern
...We thought that because George McGovern had the "right ideas" he had a chance to become President of the United States. So I worked for him, wrote essays for him, went door to door for him. The whole thing. I even met with the McGovern campaign chief for my state. It didn't matter. Nothing mattered. McGovern lost and lost big.
...Nixon- ..................................................................McGovern
Electoral vote‎: ‎520............................................................17
States carried‎: ‎49...............................................................1 plus DC
Total votes....47,168,000 million................................................29,173,000 million
Percent of vote 60% .............................................................37%
....Bernie is exactly the same. He will lose big. It is too late to change Bernie's personification. It is what it is, and he is what he is. He will lose big if he is our nominee. I hate to say this, but Bernie is NOT our strongest candidate. He is our weakest candidate. Oh, you don't have to agree with this, because you don't know, Bernie evokes a radical personification of our ideas. He sits wrong with people. He cannot change this, he is who he is. Forget Bernie, go for someone who can win, and believe me, Bernie cannot win. His ideas may be correct. But Bernie as a candidate is a sure loser.

There are numerous posts on this thread (+- 160), it is best to take a paddle over and browse them there.

One thing evidenced (by many) is the age of DUmies who admit (or now claim) to have worked on the Mcgovern campaign. This would most likely make them septuagenarians or beyond. 

And for what it is worth, here is an interesting read on that whole subject which DUmmies would be advised to study to better understand their own history. 

https://newrepublic.com/article/130737/democrats-still-dont-get-george-mcgovern

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline SVPete

Re: Bernie supporters haven't got a clue. I know because I supported McGovern
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 04:18:07 PM »
FIFY:

With total respect, Dem Candidate supporters haven't got a clue. I know because I supported McGovern

:tongue:  :tongue:  :tongue:  :tongue:  :tongue:

With all due disrespect, :tongue: .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 05:56:16 PM »
I meant to get put this up earlier in the week but several things intervened.

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/1287513953

There are numerous posts on this thread (+- 160), it is best to take a paddle over and browse them there.

One thing evidenced (by many) is the age of DUmies who admit (or now claim) to have worked on the Mcgovern campaign. This would most likely make them septuagenarians or beyond. 

And for what it is worth, here is an interesting read on that whole subject which DUmmies would be advised to study to better understand their own history. 

https://newrepublic.com/article/130737/democrats-still-dont-get-george-mcgovern
Those who refuse to learn  from history are doomed to repeat it
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline ROCKURWORLD

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 06:00:25 PM »
Bernie cannot win. His ideas may be correct. But Bernie as a candidate is a sure loser.

Hmmm if his ideas are correct then why couldnt he win?

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2020, 11:34:37 PM »
Hmmm if his ideas are correct then why couldnt he win?

Duh. Because Trump is Hitler and anyone who votes for him is a Nazi. /DUmmie

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2020, 12:09:24 AM »
Quote from:
Bernie evokes a radical personification of our ideas.

Uhhh....... No.

Bernie is the embodiment of the modern-day liberalism as desired by the Democrat party. Some of you have recognized it won't sell to the general public, but that's different than saying it's not what you want, because it is. We've read what you kooks have said the last 20 years on DU, and Bernie is a mirror to who and what you are. If anything, he's too conservative for you whackos.

We as conservatives already know this about you, so why keep pretending? You're fooling no one on the conservative side of the equation, and you libs know that his proposals are exactly what you've been wanting for decades now because you've told us they're what you want.

Bernie is not a radical personification. He IS you.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2020, 09:32:22 AM »
I've seen several threads over there along the same line and what I'm picking up from them is something they can't say over there ...

The ones posting those threads are telling their fellow DUmmies that they are NOT going to vote for Bernie!  They just can't come out and admit it.  If you have that many on DU who are basically admitting they aren't going to vote for the Bern, how many real Dems are going to vote 'other' or just sit it out.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2020, 10:28:54 AM »
I've seen several threads over there along the same line and what I'm picking up from them is something they can't say over there ...

The ones posting those threads are telling their fellow DUmmies that they are NOT going to vote for Bernie!  They just can't come out and admit it.  If you have that many on DU who are basically admitting they aren't going to vote for the Bern, how many real Dems are going to vote 'other' or just sit it out.

KC

It will be interesting since Skammer is a DNC shill.  IF the DNC doesn't embrace the Bern...the purge is gonna be huge.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2020, 10:38:26 AM »
It will be interesting since Skammer is a DNC shill.  IF the DNC doesn't embrace the Bern...the purge is gonna be huge.

And quite something to behold!   :lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2020, 10:39:32 AM »

With total respect, Bernie supporters haven't got a clue. I know because I supported McGovern
...We thought that because George McGovern had the "right ideas" he had a chance to become President of the United States. So I worked for him, wrote essays for him, went door to door for him. The whole thing. I even met with the McGovern campaign chief for my state. It didn't matter. Nothing mattered. McGovern lost and lost big.
...Nixon- ..................................................................McGovern
Electoral vote‎: ‎520............................................................17
States carried‎: ‎49...............................................................1 plus DC
Total votes....47,168,000 million................................................29,173,000 million
Percent of vote 60% .............................................................37%
....Bernie is exactly the same. He will lose big. It is too late to change Bernie's personification. It is what it is, and he is what he is. He will lose big if he is our nominee. I hate to say this, but Bernie is NOT our strongest candidate. He is our weakest candidate. Oh, you don't have to agree with this, because you don't know, Bernie evokes a radical personification of our ideas. He sits wrong with people. He cannot change this, he is who he is. Forget Bernie, go for someone who can win, and believe me, Bernie cannot win. His ideas may be correct. But Bernie as a candidate is a sure loser.

I wonder why the DUmmies never recognized this fact about HELLary.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2020, 01:29:58 PM »
Dont see why they're freaking out about this. Bernie is their guy. Hes exactly who they'll vote for, just as they'll be told to do.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2020, 06:38:57 PM »
Dont see why they're freaking out about this. Bernie is their guy. Hes exactly who they'll vote for, just as they'll be told to do.

“Vote blue, no matter who!”

And they call Trump voters a cult.  :rotf:

KC

*Stolen

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2020, 09:31:44 PM »
I want Slo-Joe!!  :rant:  :rant:
If not him, vote for the South Bendover Mayor Peter Butter-greg.   
:cheerleader: :cheerleader2: Peter, Peter he's our mayun. Slips it in whenever he can. :cheerleader2: :cheerleader:   
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2020, 12:38:03 AM »
I want Slo-Joe!!  :rant:  :rant:
If not him, vote for the South Bendover Mayor Peter Butter-greg.   
:cheerleader: :cheerleader2: Peter, Peter he's our mayun. Slips it in whenever he can. :cheerleader2: :cheerleader:
Come on now... let's get serious here. Did you know that 70% of gay people are born that way?

The other 30% were sucked into it.  :lmao: