Author Topic: Bouncy rates honorable mention but  (Read 906 times)

Offline zeitgeist

Bouncy rates honorable mention but
« on: January 25, 2019, 05:15:25 PM »
No bongs,  blue or red ribbon for this one. Nothing beats a failure but a try I guess. :hammer:

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100211719766

shockey80 (1,653 posts)

I must clarify a recent post I wrote. Some people here took it the wrong way.
I stated I would never work without pay. A few people here got upset with me. I understood where they were coming from. That's the problem with posting on-line, people don't know the person who is posting. It could be someone talking shit, acting tough.

Here is the reason I would not work without pay. I have done it before. It was one of the most important lessons about life I have ever learned.

In 1994, our boss ordered us to work overtime without pay under the threat of being fired. Everyone was stunned. No one said a word.
This was 1994, I didn't think this could happen in America. The boss told us he was going to break the law and fire us if we did not agree.

After he told us this we all went back to work. I knew I was not going to do it. I had to figure out a way to win this battle without getting fired by 5pm. 5 pm I was going to punch out and go home. Like ever worker there I could not afford to lose my job and health insurance. I was going to refuse anyway.

The first thing I tried to do was talk to the workers. I asked them to unite with me and try to talk some sense to the boss. Every worker refused. They laid down, they were all going to work overtime for free. Because we were still getting paid for forty hours that made it LESS likely the workers would risk their jobs. This is when I learned I was cut from a different piece of cloth. I was on my own and I was not going to back down. The stress was off the charts.

All day I tried to come up with an idea, I failed. 5pm I stopped working and punched out. All the other workers stayed and worked for free. A crime was being committed against them and they went along because they were afraid.

I went home expecting to be fired they next day. When I got home I started to dry heave from the stress. It was horrible.

The next morning the boss called me in the office. Why did you punch out at 5pm, he was angry. I told him I can't work without pay. He did not fire me right then. He told me I had to do it and if I punched out again at five he would fire me. I went to work and I felt my entire spirit dying. I knew I was going to be fired. Then fate took over.

The district manager for the East coast branches paid a surprise visit. I stared at him asking myself this question, did he give that order to my boss or was my boss doing it on his own. I did not know, I decided to take a shot. I asked the district manager if I could talk to him alone. I went off and told him what my boss was doing, not knowing if he was the one who gave the order. DAM!

He listened, never said a word, turned and walked away. Oops. I went back to work and about an hour later they called me into the office. All of management was there except for the district manager. I thought I was fired. The boss said, starting today everyone will be paid for overtime. He also told me that they would be watching me. One mistake I would be fired. They would get me, it was just a matter of time. Then something happened I did not except. I no longer feared being fired, all the stress was gone because I had done what was right and I had won. I felt great.

I did not do this because I am tough guy who is fearless, no way. I was scared to death. I did this because that's how I am made. I can't change it. If I had done what the boss wanted everything I am inside would have been destroyed for the rest of my life. I would never be able to look in the mirror again. Thats the best I can explain it.

And it has a whopping (or whopper) 151 Recs   

That stat in and of itself should explain why they would vote for Hillary.

Comments are numerous and delightful.  Take a spin over and enjoy the nonsense. :rotf:   
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline SVPete

Re: Bouncy rates honorable mention but
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 05:23:49 PM »
Word salad, no dressing, no point.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 05:46:48 PM »
Let me parse it a bit as it is quite a salad bar without sneeze guard.

I must clarify a recent post I wrote ... It could be someone talking shit, acting tough.

The first thing I tried to do was talk to the workers.... All day I tried to come up with an idea, I failed

Then fate took over.

I went off and told him what my boss was doing, not knowing if he was the one who gave the order. DAM!

The boss said, starting today everyone will be paid for overtime. . Then something happened I did not except. I no longer feared being fired, all the stress was gone because I had done what was right and I had won. I felt great.

Apparently this has been a work in progress on DU as several posters mention in the comments.   I realize there is no cops, bushes, cheering but there might be implied conversion. 
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 05:50:02 PM »
Wasn’t 1994 when The Clenis was in office and in liberalworld all was wonderful and new and better jobs grew on trees? Then why was this nitwit afraid of losing its job?

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 07:20:47 PM »
This DUmmie claims to have had a job? How did that happen?
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Online 67 Rover

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 08:21:45 AM »
This DUmmie claims to have had a job? How did that happen?

Probably a fluffer.  :-)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2019, 08:35:35 AM »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2019, 11:35:24 AM »
shockey80 (1,663 posts)
3. Let me tell what I said to the other workers after I won back their overtime pay.

I walked into the lunch room and told all of them, the next time you get your pay check, I did that. Every one of them sat there looking down. They couldn't look me in the face.

I forgot to say this. A few weeks after all this happened, I had not been fired yet, I got a letter in the mail. It was from a job I had applied to 5 years earlier. They hired me. It was a ****ing miracle. I must have a guardian angel.
:jerkit:

This guy has a line on some really good dope!! :stoner: :stoner:

Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2019, 11:26:52 AM »

Probably a fluffer.  :-)

Sometimes I wish there was just a "Like" button.  :)

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2019, 01:23:43 PM »
There is only one proper response to Shockey80's missive that never happened....

"Cool story bro."
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe