Author Topic: Blogger finds ATM receipt from account with $100 Million Dollar Balance.  (Read 1496 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
onehandle Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Jun-29-11 09:57 PM
Original message
Blogger finds ATM receipt from account with $100 Million Dollar Balance.

Belongs to hedge fund manager.

http://dealbreaker.com/2011/06/blind-item-which-east-ha...
Refresh | +5 Recommendations    

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1388416

Of course the children at DU are crying that it aint fair.  :whatever:

nc4bo Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Jun-29-11 09:59 PM
Response to Original message
1. Obscene. nt

LiberalFighter Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Jun-29-11 10:02 PM
3. The ATM fee should had been higher for that person.

Actually the ATM fee should have been waived, all that money that you are griping about him having is what the bank uses to pay for your overdrafts every week.

leveymg Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Jun-29-11 10:08 PM
9. Taxed Enough Already, clearly.

Who keeps $100 mil in a regular savings account?

The rich really are different . . .

Dawson Leery Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Jun-29-11 10:16 PM
12. Someone needs to pay more taxes!

I bet if that was from George Soros's account, they wouldn't be bitching and moaning.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
That's crazy! I keep my money in bags that each have a big $ sign on the side.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.

Me too, and I frequently pull it out and count it in public.  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam

I prefer the massive bin full of change , so that I can dive in and swim around.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
I bet if that was from George Soros's account, they wouldn't be bitching and moaning.

Or the Bostonian Billionaire's, or Alphonse Capote Gore's, or Shelley-0's, or Bela Pelosi's, or that doddering old fool from Vermont's.....
apres moi, le deluge

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Dammit all!  I simply hate it when one of my minions loses any of my personal papers! 

:argh:

MONTAGUE!  GET IN HERE - and bring the Beating Stick!
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
Who keeps $100 mil in a regular savings account?

I would.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
I would.

No you wouldn't, you wouldn't be covered if the bank went belly up.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!

I was just messing with the DUmmies.  My millions would be hidden away.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline jukin

ZERO BONG.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
I was just messing with the DUmmies.  My millions would be hidden away.

$100 mil would have to be split up between 400 accounts to be covered.

And I thought balancing ONE account was a headache.   :rotf:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline formerlurker

I worked at a securities firm for an attorney who had $1 million plus in a money market account that she wrote checks from for household expenses, kids tuition, etc.    That was about twenty years ago, so there wasn't an ATM card attached it to, but they could offer it now.  

One million to a very wealthy person is chump change.   They wouldn't necessarily worry about FDIC maximum coverage amounts.  

That all said, this is probably clearly a fake ATM receipt.  
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 05:11:13 AM by formerlurker »

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
Other than the ridiculousness of keeping that much money in an ATM accessible account, it's unlikely that this receipt is real for other reasons..

Maybe its different in New York, but every ATM I have ever seen has had a maximum daily withdrawal limit of $300.00, where this slip is for $400.00.

CapitalOne Bank ? Really ?
If I had a card with that much money on it, it would be an Amex, not a fee-soaked CapitalOne card.

Offline tanstaafl

• I AM the NRA. And I VOTE
I prefer the massive bin full of change , so that I can dive in and swim around.

Yeah, the old government surplus crop bins. I like the way the pennies and nickels feel against my nekkid body while I backstroke around the bin. Quarters and dimes with the serrated edges leave marks, but I put up with them because it's mine.

ALL MINE! Bwhaahahahaha.

Offline Bodadh

• Not in the mood!
Banks, meh.

I keep all my money in a private vault.

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi

Offline tanstaafl

• I AM the NRA. And I VOTE
Other than the ridiculousness of keeping that much money in an ATM accessible account, it's unlikely that this receipt is real for other reasons..

Maybe its different in New York, but every ATM I have ever seen has had a maximum daily withdrawal limit of $300.00, where this slip is for $400.00.

CapitalOne Bank ? Really ?
If I had a card with that much money on it, it would be an Amex, not a fee-soaked CapitalOne card.

My financial institution will allow me to withdraw as mush as I would need. Any day. If I need more than the bank or public ATM will dispense, I can call the 24/7 hotline and they will override the machine.

Oh yeah, all ATM fees are reimbursed to me. Free access, any ATM any where in the world. I have never had to pay any kind of fee, ever.

Offline Karin

Only one person there meekly suggested what's behind Miskie's link.  The rest fell for it.  Sounds like a prank one of us would pull, just to yank the DUmmies' chains. 

Bodadh....love the graphic!  Perfect!   :-)

Offline jukin

Let me guess, being fooled by simple pranks is another sign of soooooooooooper smartyness.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline ScubaGuy

Re: primitive makes sure tomatoes don't fall off tacos
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2011, 05:30:51 PM »

I love this part.

On edit: It's been confirmed to belong to hedge fund manager David Tepper. Also, it's speculated that it is not a regular banking account, but some sort of investment account. The ATM just happened to be a Capitol One machine. Investment accounts apparently come up as a 'Savings Account' on ATM receipts.

Confirmed by Will Pitt or Jason Leopold?  What did they do call Capitol One and ask who did a transaction with 100 Mil. in the bank? :lmao:
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
I can't believe the DUmmmies fell for it.

No, wait, yes I can

I was goin' to say, only a DUmbass would fall for this shit! Anyone with a hundred mill, sure as hell don't keep it in the bank! Lately all the returns are in Wall Street! They sure as hell ain't in O'bummer Gubmint Bonds!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
Re: primitive makes sure tomatoes don't fall off tacos
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2011, 06:30:57 PM »
I love this part.

Confirmed by Will Pitt or Jason Leopold?  What did they do call Capitol One and ask who did a transaction with 100 Mil. in the bank? :lmao:

Doodeedoodoo.. Im a Sooper rich hedge fund manager, so I'm going to get my money out of an ATM machine, and print a receipt - just to make sure - and then carelessly drop it in public so some stabbin' hobo can take his hobo-stabbin' knife to me in a nearby alley.

What, just buy what I need with a credit card and be done with it ? Naaaaa..  always better to have a big wad of cash on me..