Author Topic: "There is no economic recession - just a bunch of lazy bums who won't work"  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Taverner Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Mon Jun-20-11 07:12 PM
Original message
"There is no economic recession - just a bunch of lazy bums who won't work"

Overheard at Starbucks today.

I guess I should be priding myself on self-control, because I had to fight myself away from throwing my steaming hot coffee in his ****ing face...

:grr:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1334492

Poor taverner can't even spin a proper bouncy.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
Taverner

I guess I should be priding myself on self-control, because I had to fight myself away from throwing my steaming hot coffee in his ****ing face...

He wants to pat himself on the back for ignoring his urges to act out how stupid he is.  Well there's an achievement.  A bronx cheer for the taverner primitive.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Vagabond

Anyone remember the scene in Dune where the boy was put to the test of having his hand placed in a box and having it exposed to sensation to prove that he was a human?  That's the scene running through my head as I read DUmmie Taverner's post for some reason.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!

Yeah, okay.

I'd love to see the end results of you doing that.  And no, I'm not talking about the possible third degree burns the man would suffer.  I'm talking about your jail time and fines for assault.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
What's an unemployed drug addict doing, paying five bucks for a cup of coffee with a pretentious eurotrash name?

Offline true_blood

Hey Taverner,.....how's that job search going? ::)
Still failing the drug test I see. Keep up the great work DUmmie. :tongue:

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Sounds like someone at Starbucks ran across one of StellaBlue's old threads!

:rotf:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Karin

That's because he's a lazy bum who won't work.  Actually, he's doing some kind of "work" in that ugly blue building in Oakland. 

Taverner gives us counsel on wisdom:

Taverner  (1000+ posts)        Mon Jun-20-11 07:16 PM
Response to Reply #1
2. To be wise is to know your limitations and faults
 One of mine is flying off the handle with rage.

qazplm is utterly baffled:

qazplm (1000+ posts)      Mon Jun-20-11 07:23 PM
Response to Original message
7. and that's the problem
 for whatever reason, they identify with business, either because they believe they will be rich or own a business one day
  What's that?  Identify with business??  WTF is up with that?  People only just earn their living through a business, why on earth would they want to be aligned with its success?   :???:

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Taverner Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Mon Jun-20-11 07:12 PM

You're EXACTLY who the person was referring to, you ignorant slut. You, the idiot that can't keep a f'n job because you can't keep your f'n mouth shut and can't stay off the drugs. You're a pathetic waste of Oxygen, fool.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
BTW DUmbasses, will you idiots PLEASE stop telling everyone what you "should have done", "wanted to do", etc., and just f'n do it? Come on, get it over with. Start with your little violent temper tantrums. I'd kinda like to see it start happening. We "Reichwingers" are sick of the talk from you pathetic morons.  :bird:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade

Since the majority of Republicans that I've heard think there's a recession than mostly likely someone saying there isn't a recession would be an Obama supporter from the left.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline jtyangel

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1334492

maybe tav should used some of his prized self control wih his drug habit instead.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
maybe tav should used some of his prized self control wih his drug habit instead.

Yeah, but drugs should be legal, man! (DU mode)
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Assume this story is true and that an out-of-work layabout actually has $7 to spend on overly-sugared weak coffee.

1. comment is made that there is no recession, just lazy peopl

2. comment enrages the tale-teller, presumably because it is an unfair slap at the unemployed segments of the working class

3. that means the unemployed segments of the working class are not to be blamed but are victim of circumstances beyond their control

4. that means others control the factors that are leading to entrenched unemployment amongst the working class

5. it is assumed that it is not the working class that bedevils the working class nor the lower class as the exercise of the tale-telling is to engender outrage of the rich

6. ergo it is, by the telling of the tale, the well-monied strata that impedes all job creation

How odd, that a breed of people who resent the term "the rich create jobs" could find so much emotional capital in such tales.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline jtyangel

Yeah, but drugs should be legal, man! (DU mode)
:thatsright: i am ashamed for neglecting such an important cornerstone of the du belief system. :-)

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
Taverner Donating Member (1000+ posts)     Mon Jun-20-11 07:12 PM
Original message

What happened, sweet-pea?  Did they hit a nerve?
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

• Oh snap!
What happened, sweet-pea?  Did they hit a nerve?

Don't posts like this just make you want to say things like that in every store just to see if you can piss off a DUmmy?

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Don't posts like this just make you want to say things like that in every store just to see if you can piss off a DUmmy?

Impulse control, milady . . . impulse control.  Let it develop. 
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Impulse control, milady . . . impulse control.  Let it develop. 

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline dandi

Nah, just living my life as an example of how badly DUmbasses like Taverner have failed is enough for me.   :-)

• Oh snap!
Nah, just living my life as an example of how badly DUmbasses like Taverner have failed is enough for me.   :-)

You don't want to be schooled by a DUmmy and have cops jumping out of bushes????? 

What's wrong with you?  :)

Offline dandi

You don't want to be schooled by a DUmmy and have cops jumping out of bushes????? 

What's wrong with you?  :)

What's wrong with me?  Hell, if we started that, we'd be here until next Friday.   :-)

Had more than my share of DUmbasses attempting to "school" me, but have never had the police jump out of the bushes in front of me.  Had them sneak up behind me in their patrol cars, though.  Does that count?

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Yep...especially every payday!

:-)
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.