Author Topic: I guess Twix got fired (again)  (Read 2621 times)

Offline ScubaGuy

I guess Twix got fired (again)
« on: April 19, 2011, 07:05:19 PM »
It wasn't long ago that Twix started a new job and we were wondering how long it would last.

Looks like it didn't last long, big surprise.

Twix goes for a burger flipping job

TwixVoy (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Tue Apr-19-11 07:11 PM
Original message
Went to McDonalds hiring day today and applied

So I went to McDonalds hiring day today.... Would have been the same affair any other day of the year. Many others were there. Turned in the application and got a "thanks we'll look at it and call you if you meet what we are looking for" along with the others ahead of me who got the same response.

I've been watching multiple Youtube videos today with local and national coverage of this event. I've noticed the same talking points from every McDonalds manager interviewed (including the CEO). "We are expanding!" "Our business is doing great!" "We need more people to meet the demand!".

At one point the CEO was asked "So are these minimum wage jobs?" to which she responded "We pay WELL above minimum wage".... when pressed she answered the average wage would be $8.30/hour. Minimum wage is $7.25/hour. That qualifies as "WELL above minimum wage"? If they are going to bull shit about something as simple as the wage it makes me wonder what else is going on.

Call me paranoid.... but I would bet this whole affair was dreamed up by the marketing department to convince investors that business is so great they are pulling in money hand over fist in hopes to raise the stock price and gain positive publicity. Not once did I hear anyone interviewed in McDonalds management bring up ANY concern for the well being of their employees. It was all "Business is great!!! See all the people we need to hire?"

Plus I noticed every McDonald's I went to in order to apply today was plastered with "Business is great we are hiring!" signs. Marketing event if I've ever seen one. McDonalds was on damn near every local and national news channel today. Free advertisement. All involved in the marketing department will likely be getting promotions.

From a manage at Target to flipping burgers.  He should have gone to Portugal.  :lmao:
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: I guess Twix got fired (again)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 07:15:31 PM »
tammywammy  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Apr-19-11 07:28 PM
Response to Original message
11. I thought you were moving overseas? Was this going to be a temp gig? n/t

:lmao: :lmao:

Isn't she someone who used to post here?

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 07:27:27 PM »
d_r (1000+ posts)             Tue Apr-19-11 07:19 PM
Response to Original message
5. from reading your post

I'm afraid you may be too smart for your own good.
:rotf:

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 07:42:59 PM »
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 07:55:50 PM »
It could be a marketing thing.  McDonald's had a huge hiring event last year too.  And if I recall correctly, it was around this time of year last year. 

But yeah, it doesn't surprise me he was fired already.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 07:58:48 PM »
That's what happens when companies do random drug testing.
DUmmies lose their jobs. :lmao: :lmao: :rotf:

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 08:06:38 PM »
How many time have we made fun of a DUmmy by saying "Would you like fries with that?" and be speaking the truth?

The truth is stranger than fiction.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 08:15:34 PM »
I hope he does not get the job. I would really have a problem with the average DUmmy handling my food. I would prefer some nice, clean cut kid that showered more than once a month.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 08:33:37 PM »
the average wage would be $8.30/hour
That's over a dollar more than the job he just got fired from. So let's see. The Twix saga:
1. Target Vice President in charge of checkout on aisle 4, transferred to
2. Target Vice President in charge of uncrating melon ballers and financial advise to co-workers, to
3. Fired for insubordination
4. Unemployed
5. Sure bet job lined up at the air  port. Only detail left is the drug test.
6. Job at the air  port falls through after drug test.
7. Still unemployed.
8. New plan to emigrate from this shithole country, to somewhere that a black drug addict is valued.
9. Check on visa possibilities, finds his skill set limits choices to Upper Volta and Somalia
10. Still unemployed.
11. Decides to move to Portugal on tourist visa, then move in with son illegally, and sponge off him.
12. Son changes address, fails to notify Twix, fails to send airfare, apparently gets a new e-mail address. Portugal sucks anyway.
13. Still unemployed.
14. Lands $7.25/hr. job with no pre-employment drug test.
15. Works two weeks part time, take home pay $287.
16. Scores a full ounce of "sweet B.C. Bud", then discovers it's mostly shake and seeds. Ripped off. Bummer.
17. Boss, for no reason, requires a urine test, test strips show many bright colors.
18. Unemployed.
19. Applies at McDonald's, but hates the bastards already. Suspects discrimination due to pre-employment drug test rumors.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 03:23:09 AM »
That's over a dollar more than the job he just got fired from. So let's see. The Twix saga:
2. Target Vice President in charge of uncrating melon ballers and financial advise to co-workers, to
4. Unemployed
7. Still unemployed.
8. New plan to emigrate from this shithole country, to somewhere that a black drug addict is valued.
9. Check on visa possibilities, finds his skill set limits choices to Upper Volta and Somalia
10. Still unemployed.
11. Decides to move to Portugal on tourist visa, then move in with son illegally, and sponge off him.
12. Son changes address, fails to notify Twix, fails to send airfare, apparently gets a new e-mail address. Portugal sucks anyway.
13. Still unemployed.
16. Scores a full ounce of "sweet B.C. Bud", then discovers it's mostly shake and seeds. Ripped off. Bummer.
17. Boss, for no reason, requires a urine test, test strips show many bright colors.
18. Unemployed.
19. Applies at McDonald's, but hates the bastards already. Suspects discrimination due to pre-employment drug test rumors.

20. Posts all his "high drama" at the DUmp in hopes of getting an on-line pity party, only to be lampooned by the VRWC at CC.   :rotf:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 06:17:15 AM »
Target (at least the one I used to do vendor services for) has cameras on their cashiers.  And, yes, they used to fire a cashier every couple of months for skimming off the top-even when the idiots knew they were being watched.  Maybe Twixie was one of those real smart characters.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 06:36:56 AM »
4. Unemployed
7. Still unemployed.
10. Still unemployed.
13. Still unemployed.
18. Unemployed.

That about covers it. Good job.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 07:35:53 AM »
Call me paranoid.... but I would bet this whole affair was dreamed up by the marketing department to convince investors that business is so great they are pulling in money hand over fist in hopes to raise the stock price and gain positive publicity. Not once did I hear anyone interviewed in McDonalds management bring up ANY concern for the well being of their employees. It was all "Business is great!!! See all the people we need to hire?"

Hey Twix, you f'n moron, investors aren't dumb enough to invest based on how many employees are hired. They invest on what SEC form 10K looks like, unless they're investing blind. Retard.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 07:48:46 AM »
4. Unemployed
7. Still unemployed.
10. Still unemployed.
13. Still unemployed.
18. Unemployed.

You forgot the month or two where he was working as a phone or cable TV installer.  Remember how he was bragging about how much more he knew about it than those snot nosed kids?
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline Karin

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 07:49:45 AM »
Not once did I hear anyone interviewed in McDonalds management bring up ANY concern for the well being of their employees.
::)

Of course, Twix doesn't understand that business is not in business to feed him peeled grapes and fan his face with ostrich feathers.  

Also, yes I do think that the $8.30 is reasonably above minimum.  What's he want?  $125K with a golden parachute?  

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 07:51:18 AM »
What's he want?  $125K with a golden parachute?

Yeah.  That's what he wants.

<<holding breath to see if he gets it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 07:56:41 AM »
Knowing Twix, he probably wanted to start out as the manager.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 07:57:24 AM »
:lmao: :lmao:

Isn't she someone who used to post here?

Miss Mia. :-)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 08:45:45 AM »
::)

Of course, Twix doesn't understand that business is not in business to feed him peeled grapes and fan his face with ostrich feathers.  

Also, yes I do think that the $8.30 is reasonably above minimum.  What's he want?  $125K with a golden parachute?  

That's my thought.  They are paying 13% above minimum wage ... that sounds considerable to me. 

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2011, 08:47:42 AM »
He seems to be in a race with old StellaBlue to set some sort of worldwide failure record.

:popcorn:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2011, 08:57:02 AM »
Hey TwixVoy, the world needs ditch diggers too.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2011, 10:05:46 AM »
You forgot the month or two where he was working as a phone or cable TV installer.  Remember how he was bragging about how much more he knew about it than those snot nosed kids?
You're right, of course. Dammit! I completely overlooked that key part of the resume. I don't remember if it was before or after the air  port disappointment, but he did work maybe a month as a probationary trainee part-time relief weekend assistant cable installer. He was getting his money for nothing and his chicks for free. Then the first unfair, discriminatory, racist, random drug test popped up, and he scored more positive than a July 4th concert. Back to unemployment.

TwixVoy would be a wealthy man, a boss, maybe a tycoon, were it not for those pre-employment racist drug tests, and, even worse, those random racist drug tests. This racist country is set up to make things tough for a black illegal drug user. Damn racists.

Things won't really start to look up for DUmmy Twix until he's able to locate his son in Portugal. Damn kid's hiding. He's a racist, too.

Offline RWKindaGuy

• Hiding in the hinterlands as a professional
  • One giant rightward step for mankind
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2011, 02:01:10 PM »

... Also, yes I do think that the $8.30 is reasonably above minimum.  What's he want?  $125K with a golden parachute?  

I'm thinking, Yes ... and without a drug test.  ;)