Author Topic: Find a "Tax Day: Make Them Pay" event near you  (Read 1370 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Find a "Tax Day: Make Them Pay" event near you
« on: April 17, 2011, 08:55:45 PM »
marmar  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Apr-17-11 09:37 PM
Original message
Find a "Tax Day: Make Them Pay" event near you   Updated at 9:37 PM

http://pol.moveon.org/event/events/index.html?action_id...

Tax Day: Make Them Pay

The right wing is on the attack: slashing public services, eliminating workers' rights, and destroying jobs. Their excuse? "America is broke"—and yet big corporations and the wealthy are raking it in, and continue to get tax break after tax break. Something doesn't add up.

America is not broke. The right-wing wants to convince us we're broke so that they can push through their radical agenda. And well-connected corporations continue to use their political power to dodge their taxes. In 2009, after helping crash the American economy, Bank of America paid $0 in taxes. GE had a tax bill of $0 in 2010. Republicans want to give a $50 billion tax bailout to big oil companies—and at the same time take away food aid to hungry pregnant women and children. This is immoral and un-American.

Enough is enough! On Tax Day, April 18, as millions of Americans patriotically pay their taxes, we will call on corporations and millionaires to pay their fair share. At hundreds of events from coast to coast, we'll present tax bills to corporate tax dodgers for the billions of dollars their legions of lobbyists helped them avoid. We'll organize a peaceful, dignified, and powerful day of action to call on corporations to pay their fair share. And we'll demand that our elected leaders make them pay.

It's time to demand that everyone pays their fair share to rebuild the American Dream. We invite frustrated taxpayers, underwater homeowners, vilified public servants, job-hunting students, and unemployed veterans—everyone facing cuts or cutbacks, a pink slip or a shrinking paycheck—to join in.

Refresh | 0 Recommendations    

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x913007

I bet Timmy Geithner is worried.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

So basically the people who leech off the producers in this country are going house to house to shake down the people that pay the taxes that support their sorry asses.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Find a "Tax Day: Make Them Pay" event near you
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 10:11:33 PM »
Another excuse for DUmmies to avoid showing up for work on Monday.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 10:51:10 PM »
As opposed to going to your jobs?  Oh, wait, you're Democrats, that's right...

:rotf:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 11:23:17 PM »
America is not broke.

Again, DELUSIONAL.

Even if you take 100% of the income of 100k (hardly rich) and over, it will only pay for this years debt. Your stupid is really showing DU.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 11:27:40 PM by BEG »

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 12:08:57 AM »
Any DUmmies in Las Vegas are more than welcome to join us at the main Post Office located at Sunset and Eastern.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 12:26:26 AM »
As opposed to going to your jobs?  Oh, wait, you're Democrats, that's right...

:rotf:

I could argue that not-going to work IS their job. That welfare won't collect itself.

Offline Karin

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 08:35:48 AM »
No replies to Marmar's post.  No rec's, either.  Much as I didn't want to, I went to moveon's site and sought out a rally in my town.  None.  So, I widened to search to 300 miles.

Registered participants:

Rome, NY  0
Syracuse  30
Utica  20
Rochester  32
Chatham  2

Liberal enclaves:

Burlington, VT  35
Amhearst, MA  115
NY, NY  550

Yes, they truly surround us.   ::)

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 09:47:37 AM »
These rallies won't get huge attendance until the checks stop going out to the moochers and looters.  Then watch out there will be rioting in the street. The parasites will not go quietly into productive behavior, particularly when they are rewarded for sucking the host dry. 
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 09:51:41 AM »
I went to moveon's site looking for a link to these rallies.  What I got is a headline that says "Obama caught on tape being totally awesome" and a link to some completely absurd chart with no underlying data or context conclusively proving that Obama is totally awesome. 

http://front.moveon.org/obama-bush-clinton-whos-worst-on-the-deficit/
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 09:55:02 AM »
These rallies won't get huge attendance until the checks stop going out to the moochers and looters.  Then watch out there will be rioting in the street. The parasites will not go quietly into productive behavior, particularly when they are rewarded for sucking the host dry.

One of the things that gets me about the "anarchists" protesting in Europe--anarchists of course want no law, no order--is that many, if not all, of them subsist on governmental payments of one sort or another.

If there was anarchy, who would sign and mail out those welfare checks?

I don't think they think things all the way through.

But more to your own point, sir, it's high time checks stopped going to the looting classes.

Sure, there would be rampant violence, but I'm sure that the forces of decency and civility would deal with that in short order.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 10:02:47 AM »
We have one of these crappy rallies at a Chase bank in the MAD city coming up later today. Thank the Lord I'm an hour awa, and don't have to deal with that crap.

I'll be posting something infuriating, but not unexpected in minutes...

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 10:17:55 AM »
Sure, there would be rampant violence, but I'm sure that the forces of decency and civility would deal with that in short order.

The moocher class would learn, the hard way, one of the reasons for the 2nd Amendment, I would think.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 10:39:16 AM »
One of the things that gets me about the "anarchists" protesting in Europe--anarchists of course want no law, no order--is that many, if not all, of them subsist on governmental payments of one sort or another.

If there was anarchy, who would sign and mail out those welfare checks?

I don't think they think things all the way through.

But more to your own point, sir, it's high time checks stopped going to the looting classes.

The last thing in the world those masked scum would ever want to see would be for there to be actual anarchy, in which people could freely use deadly force to defend their property from vandals and looters without the forces of order interposing themselves to stay the rapid distribution of just rewards.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 11:21:48 AM »
marmar  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Apr-17-11 09:37 PM
Original message
Find a "Tax Day: Make Them Pay" event near you

Sorry momo, but I am far too busy today working my 2 jobs to take the time to attend one of these silly events.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 11:23:44 AM »
Enough is enough! On Tax Day, April 18

The smartest people on the internet strike again.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 11:30:41 AM »
Nice catch. Hi5. :lmao:

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Karin

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 12:13:19 PM »
No, it is April 18.  Some state had a holiday on Friday, I think.  So we got a few extra days. 

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2011, 12:29:02 PM »
No, it is April 18.  Some state had a holiday on Friday, I think.  So we got a few extra days. 

Washington DC was closed.  For Emancipation Day.  That is why it was postponed to today.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2011, 12:31:27 PM »
There were numerous Tea Party events over the weekend, but there are still quite a few going on today.  We are going to ours this evening.  It's starting at 6pm since it is a Monday and pretty much everyone who attends works during the day.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 02:15:05 PM »
Washington DC was closed.  For Emancipation Day.  That is why it was postponed to today.

Since when is that a federal holiday?  Never heard of it.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2011, 02:24:49 PM »
It was introduced as a holiday to recognize the vegan lifestyle, called Emaciation Day. Then the Black Caucus got hold of it.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011, 02:46:13 PM »

It is a local Washington DC holiday, not a federal holiday. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2011, 06:39:35 PM »
Again, DELUSIONAL.

Even if you take 100% of the income of 100k (hardly rich) and over, it will only pay for this years debt. Your stupid is really showing DU.

Correct --
The top 1% of households in the US make at least 380 thousand per year.
The top 10% of households make at least 110 thousand.

The missus & I combined make give or take 90 thousand, and I can tell you, we are far from wealthy. If confiscating everything from  the top 10% of earners doesn't solve the problem, HOW FAR DOWN will Obama have to go to succeed ?