Author Topic: Sen. Schumer Stands by His 'Extreme' Comments,"I have no problem with reporters  (Read 1200 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
cal04  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Apr-03-11 02:32 PM
Original message
Sen. Schumer Stands by His 'Extreme' Comments,"I have no problem with reporters hearing that"   Updated at 2:32 PM

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/sen-schumer-stands-extre...

Sen. Charles Schumer, D-New York, said he doesn't regret reporters overhearing him telling Democratic colleagues that Republican budget cuts should be painted as "extreme."

(snip)
Schumer stood by the remarks he made when he was apparently unaware his microphone was open to reporters.

"I have no problem with reporters hearing that," Schumer told anchor Christiane Amanpour. "I said a few hours before (the call) on the floor of the Senate. I've said it on this show. The Tea Party is the group standing in the way. They are extreme," he insisted.

"Any group that says you don't cut oil subsidies to companies making billions and billions of dollars – subsidies that were passed when the price of oil was $17 to encourage production, and now the price is over one-hundred , and at the same time says: cut student aid to help qualified students go to college. Yeah, I believe they're extreme."

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x802898

the Tea Party is the only thing out there that could possibly save our country.
People like Schumer who think spending more and more money will bring us prosperity is the extremist.

Drale  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Apr-03-11 02:34 PM
Response to Original message
1. I agree and more Democrats need to come out with similar comments

I hope they do, pissing off the Tea Party seems to win elections for us.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
cal04  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Apr-03-11 02:32 PM
Original message
Sen. Schumer Stands by His 'Extreme' Comments, "I have no problem with reporters hearing that"   Updated at 2:32 PM

http://abcnews.go.com/Pol.../sen-schumer-stands-extre...

Gee, I wonder why??  :banghead:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
I just heard Paul Ryan on Fox News Sunday talking about his fiscal plan. I would absolutely love to hear Schumer or any other democrat actually debate Ryan. Ryan would kick their ass all over the place.

Offline Airwolf

Well i know its wrong to say this but if Schumer was run over by a truck I wouldn't shed one tear over it.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Well i know its wrong to say this but if Schumer was run over by a truck I wouldn't shed one tear over it.

Schumer better make sure he's not pukin' his guts out on any highway near me; I'd floor it, back up, floor it again, back up...

edited to add: Lord, I apologize, and be with the starving pygmies in New Guinea.  Amen.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 02:52:11 PM by DefiantSix »
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
I just heard Paul Ryan on Fox News Sunday talking about his fiscal plan. I would absolutely love to hear Schumer or any other democrat actually debate Ryan. Ryan would kick their ass all over the place.

Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (aka the propaganda poodle) tried it once.  It didn't work out well for her at all. 

Sometimes it's difficult to concentrate on what he's saying while looking at those blue eyes of his. 

:blowkiss:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"

Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (aka the propaganda poodle) tried it once.  It didn't work out well for her at all. 

Sometimes it's difficult to concentrate on what he's saying while looking at those blue eyes of his. 

:blowkiss:

Man that woman drives me nuts. 

Offline thundley4

The extreme part by Schumer bother me, but what should have bothered everyone, not just conservatives was his admission of it being a talking point of the DemRat caucus.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
The extreme part by Schumer bother me, but what should have bothered everyone, not just conservatives was his admission of it being a talking point of the DemRat caucus.

It did shine the light on how the dems operate though.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline thundley4

It was reported last year about DemRat leaders conference calling with lefty bloggers and reporters about getting out their talking points, but it didn't make a ripple in the MSM.

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant

Which is exactly why he's owning up/embracing the "extreme" talk:  it deflects attention AWAY from the fact it's a BS talking point.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline redwhit

You'd think, with all the money they spend on PR folks, that they could do a little better than sound like snippets out of "Mean Girls."

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
The MSM cheers losers like Chuck Schumer on when they say things like that.  I am constantly amazed that the DUmmies think the MSM leans right. 

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
The MSM cheers losers like Chuck Schumer on when they say things like that.  I am constantly amazed that the DUmmies think the MSM leans right. 

****.  The DUmbshits are so screwed in the head, they think Barry Big Ears is leaning right half the time. :mental:
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Karin

if Schumer was run over by a truck I wouldn't shed one tear over it.
  No tears here, either.  It's the only way to get him out of the senate. 
He insults me all day long, and yet he "represents" me.  I move in 2-1/2 years. 

Offline true_blood

I would have to go with that as well.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
If it happens, I just hope someone puts it on YouTube.

Offline Boudicca

Depends on whether or not any of the truck's contents were damaged.  Cases of wine can be fragile, you know? :bawl:
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline Airwolf

Depends on whether or not any of the truck's contents were damaged.  Cases of wine can be fragile, you know? :bawl:

Yes that is true and the driver is responsable for the contents. Then again I can always hope that the truck is hauling gasoline and it explodes after the driver bails out from hitting old Chuck.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Boudicca

Yes that is true and the driver is responsable for the contents. Then again I can always hope that the truck is hauling gasoline and it explodes after the driver bails out from hitting old Chuck.

I thought the trucking firms had insurance for the loads?
My now deceased FIL was a long distance hauler of sheep for 35 years.  Usually a sheep or two wouldn't make it.  He never had to pay for the cost of the sheep, but of course the owner had incurred a loss, so I'm assuming my FIL's boss had insurance for that sort of thing. :???:
I never thought to ask.

But, here's a thought!  Dingy Harry rears ends an 18-wheeler hauling smelly sheep and goes head first into the trailer.  I can picture him wallowing around in sheep shit. :-)

Offline thundley4

Dingy Harry would write a cowboy poem about it and win the competition.

Offline Boudicca

Dingy Harry would write a cowboy poem about it and win the competition.

:rotf:

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis
 :lol: :rotf: That's funny shit right there! ^5 thundley.

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin; And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~Ronald Reagan