Author Topic: ShaneGR: primitives declare war on Iran is already declared  (Read 1297 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
ShaneGR: primitives declare war on Iran is already declared
« on: March 28, 2008, 06:48:56 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3075008

Oh my.

We're at war with Iran?

ShaneGR  (1000+ posts) Fri Mar-28-08 07:21 PM
Original message

The war with Iran has officially begun

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/28/bush.basra/index...

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The Iraqi military push into the southern city of Basra is not going as well as American officials had hoped, despite President Bush's high praise for the operation, several U.S. officials said Friday.

A closely held U.S. military intelligence analysis of the fighting in Basra shows that Iraqi security forces control less than a quarter of the city, according to officials in both the United States and Iraq, and Basra's police units are deeply infiltrated by members of radical Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr's Mehdi Army.

"This is going to go on for a while," one U.S. military official said.

Iraqi forces launched their offensive in Basra this week. Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki was personally overseeing operations in the southern city against what government officials called "rogue" or "outlaw" militia elements, most loyal to al-Sadr.

During a joint news conference Friday with Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd, Bush called the operation "a defining moment in the history of a free Iraq," saying the government is fighting criminals there.

Make no mistake about it, the Shia militias in Iraq do receive a great deal of their funding from Iran. That's just a fact. That it occured in Basra Iraq is also not surprising. The population of Basra is almost exclusively Shia. What's particularly troubling is that for years the pro war hawks used Saddam Hussein's actions in Basra as motivation for the war in the first place.

To make it worse, they sent Iraqi military forces in. Anyone who knows maybe 50% about this war would automatically know that the "Iraqi Military" is currently dominated by Shia influence. Another FACT.

So basically send Iraqi, nevermind, Shia Iraqi Military into Basra to attack and kill fellow Shia. This is what happens when you make STUPID military decisions.

I can't even begin to explain how terrible Bush's war has gone. We will be paying for this in blood, treasure, and world opinion for at least a generation.

I dunno.

It seems to me we've been paying in blood, treasure, and lives for about 45 years now, in another endless quagmire with no light at the end of the tunnel yet, the War on Poverty.

L. Coyote  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Mar-28-08 07:28 PM
Response to Original message

1. Bullshit. The war is in Iraq. That ruse is old hat distraction.

ShaneGR  (1000+ posts) Mar-28-08 07:39 PM
Response to Reply #1

3. You completely miss the point, war on Shia controlled Territory is a war with Iran, by proxy

Al-Sadr, the militias, receive a majority portion of their funding, from Iranian government and individual donations. What are those donations? Weapons. Lots and lots and lots of weapons.

What people aren't realizing so far is that the decision our next President makes will be whether or not to escalate the war into Iran. We cannot "win" Iraq, which is really just a phrase for providing longterm security, with Shia influence so dominant. There's a REASON Saddam killed them by the hundreds of thousands, they're SHIA AND HE IS SUNNI. It's a blood feud lasting a LONG TIME.

We were never going to step in their and fix that with a quick invasion and a few stupid elections. When people rise up to kill each other, it's usually harsh and disgusting. Millions die. And many die believing in why they died. The side that doesn't believe almost always loses. Look at the history of war and you will find a graveyard of losers who simply didn't really believe in their cause.

But back to the point, this is really about our country somehow defeating Iranian armed Iraqi Shias using Shia troops from Iraq to kill Shia Iraqis.

Didn't go so well. Guess everyone has to die now down there. Just another horribly screwed up genocide.

annabanana  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Mar-28-08 07:38 PM
Response to Original message

2. Maliki is a better friend to Iran than al Sadr is...

Where are you getting your information?

From Skins's island, of course.

ShaneGR  (1000+ posts) Fri Mar-28-08 07:40 PM
Response to Reply #2

4. You are reading what I said wrong....

Read it again, it's actually a take on the the backstabbing nature of the conflict. And why we should have never gone. Read the sarcasm.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jukin

Re: ShaneGR: primitives declare war on Iran is already declared
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 07:04:24 PM »
Is Iran smoking?

Then no war has been declared DUmbasses.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 07:07:02 PM »
The primitives have a bizarre wish for the mid east to erupt into a cataclysmic fireball.
It goes beyond their hatred of the USA and yearning for us to be "put in our place".

Guessing they are hoping for a Mad Max scenario in which they hope to be the messiahs and power brokers over a throwback world.

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 07:14:31 PM »
They do wish that but would be the first to be eaten.  I doubt a single one knows how to build a fire.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 07:29:25 PM »
So basically send Iraqi, nevermind, Shia Iraqi Military into Basra to attack and kill fellow Shia. This is what happens when you make STUPID military decisions.

So what are you saying General Patton, that they should send Sunni or Kurdish troops in to do the job? That'd relieve tensions wouldn't it? :sarcasm:

Stick to World of Warcraft, son. This whole "real life" thing's a bit out of your depth.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 08:59:21 PM »
The primitives have a bizarre wish for the mid east to erupt into a cataclysmic fireball.
It goes beyond their hatred of the USA and yearning for us to be "put in our place".

Guessing they are hoping for a Mad Max scenario in which they hope to be the messiahs and power brokers over a throwback world.

This about sums it up.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama