Author Topic: Two people (shot) dead at a hospital in Georgia. Two CHILDREN (shot) dead in Ken  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3068938

Redstone  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Mar-27-08 04:33 PM
Original message
Two people (shot) dead at a hospital in Georgia. Two CHILDREN (shot) dead in Kentucky.

Do we have enough guns in this country yet?

Redstone

Refresh | 1 Recommendations    Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
yeah those evil guns grow legs and go out to shoot people!  :whatever:

Squatch  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Mar-27-08 04:36 PM
Response to Original message
1. There are at least three more guns I want to buy before I say "enough"

I would like to get a hunting revolver, a Browning Citori Feather O/U, and a precision rifle in the 338+ class.
   Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

BushDespiser12  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Mar-27-08 05:12 PM
Response to Reply #1
23. Too bad those kids that died won't get to collect anything...

Edited on Thu Mar-27-08 05:20 PM by BushDespiser12
but your collection is really more important than the safety of those children anyway.
:bird:

Squatch  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Mar-27-08 05:16 PM
Response to Reply #23
29. Won't somebody *please* think of the children?

:eyes:

BushDespiser12  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Mar-27-08 05:21 PM
Response to Reply #29
36. Don't worry, be happy.

Ignore the consequences of our antiquated gun laws. Again, your collection is what really matters.

:puke:

Squatch  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Mar-27-08 05:24 PM
Response to Reply #36
38. yeah...YOU really give a shit about The Childrenâ„¢

:eyes:

BushDespiser12  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Mar-27-08 05:34 PM
Response to Reply #38
42. No idea what your point is,,,

Mojorabbit  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Mar-27-08 04:37 PM
2. I have a lot of guns

and I have never shot a person. I still have a few I want to buy.

zanne  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Mar-27-08 04:39 PM
Response to Reply #2
4. The first two posts are a good example of...

cognitive dissonance.

zanne  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Mar-27-08 05:02 PM
Response to Reply #5
14. You're showing your true colors...

Somebody posts a topic about dead children who were shot and all you can do is encourage people to buy more guns. I consider that to be immoral (and not at all clever).

Squatch  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Mar-27-08 05:05 PM
Response to Reply #14
16. I didn't encourage anybody to buy guns.

I was responding to the OP's question as to whether or not there are enough guns. My answer is NO.

And you can take your judgments of my morality and cram them squarely up your fourth point of contact.

sharesunited  (124 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Mar-27-08 04:39 PM
3. Amen Redstone.

Step one, stop manufacturing new ones and prohibit importation. Step two, close down retail sales. Step three?
:bird:

sergeiAK  (333 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Mar-27-08 04:44 PM
Response to Reply #3
8. Step three

Wipe your ass with the Constitution.

Oh wait, that was step 1.

Sorry, carry on.

sharesunited  (124 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Mar-27-08 04:59 PM
Response to Reply #8
10. I see you put AK in your DU name.

Says all I need to know about what you value.

sergeiAK  (333 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Mar-27-08 05:02 PM
Response to Reply #10
12. You are aware AK is a state, no?

Oops, did I mess with someone's preconceived notions?

And since you advocate wiping one's ass with the Constitution, I guess I know what you value.
sergei. do you really believe anyone else in the DUmp cares about the constitution?

sharesunited  (124 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Mar-27-08 05:06 PM
Response to Reply #12
19. Apologies to you and Alaska.

I'll defend you only to this extent: Single shot, front loading, as the founding fathers knew them.

sergeiAK  (333 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Mar-27-08 05:07 PM
Response to Reply #19
20. So when are you giving up your PC?

First Amendment must only protect unamplified voice and fountain pens then.

sharesunited  (124 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Mar-27-08 05:09 PM
Response to Reply #20
21. Computers and amplifiers don't have

the power to deprive you of all your OTHER rights. By killing your ass.

sergeiAK  (333 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Mar-27-08 05:13 PM
Response to Reply #21
25. You still advocate infringement of civil rights

Just as Bush does. Care to explain why?

We have laws to deal with those who kill. We do not restrict a right because it may be misused; we only restrict misuse of that right. As it should be in any free society.

sharesunited  (124 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Mar-27-08 05:16 PM
Response to Reply #25
28. We just disagree on where the limits are drawn.

Hopefully, you concede some limits. Not home brew nukes right?

uppityperson  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Mar-27-08 05:12 PM
Response to Reply #10
24. And Alaskans value....what?

sergeiAK  (333 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Mar-27-08 05:14 PM
Response to Reply #24
27. Being left alone, mostly. Those Constitutional rights are kinda nice too -nt

Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
You know, I saw this bonfire over there on Skins's island, and thought about bringing it here.

But then I decided, nah, it's just the bird-smacking stoned red-faced primitive trying to gain credibility as being a caring and sensitive person, when it's all a lie.

When the bird-smacking stoned red-faced primitive starts expressing concern for infants murdered by abortion profiteers and the victims of political repression and suppression, such as those under the late homocidal genocidal Saddam Hussein, I'll take him seriously when he "agonizes" about other lives, other people.

Until the bird-smacking stoned red-faced primitive does that, he's just blowing farts.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps

Until the bird-smacking stoned red-faced primitive does that, he's just blowing farts.

that pretty much explains all of them :lmao:
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
sergeiAK  (333 posts) Thu Mar-27-08 05:07 PM
Response to Reply #19
20. So when are you giving up your PC?   
First Amendment must only protect unamplified voice and fountain pens then.

Aww BOOM!!! I love that!  :-)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Lord Undies

I like sergeiAK....a DUmmie with some quick wit!  Very rare.

Can't they rejoice over all the guns that didn't kill anyone today? 

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Can't they rejoice over all the guns that didn't kill anyone today? 

No.  If one gun kills someone, they're all bad./DU
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
sergeiAK  (333 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Mar-27-08 04:44 PM
Response to Reply #3
8. Step three

Wipe your ass with the Constitution.

Oh wait, that was step 1.

Sorry, carry on.

LOL I like this guy.

I'm sure the feeling won't last long.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline MrsSmith

beevul  (1000+ posts)      Thu Mar-27-08 08:25 PM
59. Perspective...
 A terrible thing when people, particularly children, die before thier time.

Not so terrible that perspective should be lost however.

280 million guns in private hands in America.

80+ million gun owners.

13 thousand firearm homicides.

Motor Vehicle Traffic Crashes   

Fatal Crashes: 

2006............  2005............2004........  2003

38,588,,,,,,,,,, 39,252,,,,,,,, 38,444,,,,,,,, 38,477

Of course, nothing near the million and a half murdered before birth...but still way higher than those horrible, violent firearms.   :thatsright:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
Juniperx  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Mar-27-08 09:54 PM
73. We can't do much about the guns now that there are so many...

We need to focus on the nutjobs behind the trigger. People are getting very desperate these days... and you know what desperate people do. So much unhappiness, so much pain, so much poverty... I blame Bush.
so let me get this straight. you think bush drove murderers to murder?  :mental:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 04:45:57 AM by Attero Dominatus »

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Juniperx  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Mar-27-08 09:54 PM
73. We can't do much about the guns now that there are so many...

We need to focus on the nutjobs behind the trigger. People are getting very desperate these days... and you know what desperate people do. So much unhappiness, so much pain, so much poverty... I blame Bush.

Whose mole is this?  :tongue: :rotf: :lmao:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.