Author Topic: plagiarizing greedy thorn primitive complaining about teachers' salaries  (Read 1997 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3068879

Oh my.

Still dreaming about divorcing the doting husband and running off with the Australian guy.

greenbriar  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Mar-27-08 04:26 PM
Original message

are you sick of "high priced" teachers? try this on???

Teachers' hefty salaries are driving up taxes, and they only work 9 or 10 months a year! It's time we put things in perspective and pay them for what they do - baby sit!

We can get that for less than minimum wage. That's right. Let's give them $3.00 an hour and only the hours they worked; not any of that silly planning time, or any time they spend on class work before or after school.

That would be $19.50 a day (7:45to 3:00 PM with 45 min. off for lunch and plan -- that equals 6 1/2 hours). Each parent should pay $19.50 a day for these teachers to baby-sit their children.

Now how many do they teach in day...maybe 30? So that's $19.50 x 30 = $585.00 a day. However, remember they only work 180 days a year!!! I am not going to pay them for any vacations.

LET'S SEE.... That's $585 X 180= $105,300 per year. (Hold on! My calculator needs new batteries).

What about those special education teachers and the ones with Master's degrees? Well, we could pay them minimum wage ($7.75), and just to be fair, round it off to $8.00 an hour. That would be $8 X 6 1/2 hours X 30 children X 180 days = $280,800 per year.

Wait a minute -- there's something wrong here!

There sure is! The average teacher's salary (nationwide) is $50,000. $50,000/180 days = $277.77/per day/30 students=$9. 25/6.5 hours = $1.42 per hour per student --a very inexpensive baby-sitter and they even EDUCATE your kids!)

WHAT A DEAL....

I checked.

This is her work; the legendary herb primitive Mythsaje hasn't posted anything about teachers' salaries.

Oddly, the primitives seem to have a problem with reading comprehension, because the plagiarizing greedy thorn primitive suffers a lot of grief for posting "right-wing talking points."

It gets straightened out, though.

greenbriar  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Mar-27-08 04:39 PM
Response to Reply #21

23. through the course of the day, I teach 160 8th graders

I would LOVE that pay scale

leftofcool  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Mar-27-08 04:42 PM
Response to Reply #23

26. No shit

8th graders...........bless your heart!

greenbriar  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Mar-27-08 04:46 PM
Response to Reply #26

30. 8th grade Social Studies no less

the one subject they think they hate till they take my class :)

I get kids all the time asking to transfer to my class from the other 8th grade ss teacher

they say ...you do cool stuff and projects, the other teacher just complains about how poor she is...

I do work with the other teacher a lot and know that not to be the case, so I just smile and say thanks but Ms XXX is doing the same things as me

And the plagiarizing greedy thorn primitive doesn't complain about how poor she is?

lapfog_1  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Mar-27-08 04:49 PM
Response to Reply #23

31. You have 160 students in ONE class from 8am till 3pm??

That's sick... and criminal!

greenbriar  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Mar-27-08 04:50 PM
Response to Reply #31

33. no, i Have 6 different classes for 41 minutes each and through the course of the day will have taught 160 8th graders social studies each day

Redstone  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Mar-27-08 04:36 PM
Response to Original message

22. I have NEVER thought teachers are overpaid. My state has some of the highest-paid teachers in the country, and I do NOT mind seeing my taxes pay those salaries.

(As long as they're good teachers, of course.) I know what a difference a good teacher can make in kids' lives, and I think it's well worth paying enough to get good ones.

Just a reminder; the bird-smacking stoned red-faced primitive's going to get a lesson soon, when his old pal the lying titty primitive shows up, to borrow money from him.

The bonfire's of medium height, most of it the plagiarizing greedy thorn primitive sketchily giving details about how good of a teacher she is, and what she sacrifices for the job; yeah, right, that sort of stuff.

BlooInBloo  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Mar-27-08 04:41 PM

25. Quadruple teacher pay immediately.

Impeach George Bush immediately.

proud2Blib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Mar-27-08 04:52 PM

34. Love it!!

When do I get to sign my contract?

The other school teacher from Kansas, the dysmenopausal one who's retiring soon, so she can devote her time to the Pink Underwear Brigade the next eight years, protesting President John McCain.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
So she's plagairizing again eh? I notice that she didn't attribute that little gem to anyone else. I've seen that at least four times via email from my MIL who is a retired teacher. It's not a new idea.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lord Undies

When a waitress is working a station with seven tables, should she be paid seven times her hourly wage? .....or is she working ONE station?

Should the bus driver be paid in multiples according to passengers?....or does he drive ONE bus?

Must we pay a schoolroom attendant per kid?....or is she in charge of ONE class?  

So many question!

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
There is nothing productive in life that can come from comparing your earnings to anyone elses or your work to anyone elses either.

Everyone that enters a job has an idea of the job requirements and responsibilities,the compensation and the benefits.

If they find after they start they don`t like it or feel the compensation isn`t adequate for the responsibilites then they always have a choice...look for something different.

Sheesh. ::)

Offline Miss Mia

I've seen this a couple of times in the last few years. 

I should get paid per receivable account.  :)
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline jukin

I would do that if we can dock her pay everytime a student does not get an A, or if she spews a liberal talking point.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
I would do that if we can dock her pay everytime a student does not get an A, or if she spews a liberal talking point.

She'd be owing lots of money--very quickly.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
That is f'ed up. I couldn't imagine what I'd be like If I were forced into teaching like the Thorny Bitch. Glad I got to choose my field.   :whatever:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Well if that's the case, then parents are going to have to charge back the teacher for all the homework they're having to help the kids do because, instead of teaching, they were doing arts and crafts, and the kids never learned the concepts of the subject, nor did the teacher take time in class to do some sample problems or otherwise explain the material.  And I assure you that parents will charge back a lot more than a lousy $3/hr.

Otherwise, raise teacher's income in the manner you propose.  I'll enjoy watching and participating in the tax revolt by which you libs would get steamrolled.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
DUmmie_BlooInBloo  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Mar-27-08 04:41 PM

ROTFLMFAO! :rotf:

We could double or cut in half, any schools budget, and I'd bet we'd see no difference.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline ScubaGuy

I checked.

This is her work; the legendary herb primitive Mythsaje hasn't posted anything about teachers' salaries.

This post and other variations are all over the web.  You couldn't have thought she was creative enough to come up with that.

25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline VivisMom

DUmmie_BlooInBloo  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Mar-27-08 04:41 PM

ROTFLMFAO! :rotf:

We could double or cut in half, any schools budget, and I'd bet we'd see no difference.

You have no idea how true that statement is.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
I checked.

This post and other variations are all over the web.  You couldn't have thought she was creative enough to come up with that.

Yes, indeed, franksolich spoke too soon.

It's not her work, but I was more concerned it might be an original stolen from the legendary herb primitive, Mythsaje; it didn't occur to me until later she steals from others too.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Love the new avatar, Frank.  :-)
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline tuolumnejim

Lets see the DUmmie teacher defend another DUmmie teacher, "Wayne Brightly".  :-)  Follow the link to the article, its to long to post.

Link

A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson