Author Topic: subway cat tries to crack a funny; knows her place  (Read 1882 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
subway cat tries to crack a funny; knows her place
« on: March 27, 2008, 04:16:28 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3069196

Oh my.

undergroundpanther  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Mar-27-08 05:07 PM
Original message

Women knowing thier places...

WOMEN KNOWING THEIR PLACES

Body: I nearly died laughing when I read this...

A point of view... Barbara Walters of Television's 20/20 did a story on gender roles in Kabul, Afghanistan, several years before the Afghan conflict.

She noted that women customarily walked 5 paces behind their husbands.

She recently returned to Kabul and observed that women still walk behind their husbands. From Miss Walter's vantage point, despite the overthrow of the oppressive Taliban regime, the women now seem to walk even further back behind their husbands and are happy to maintain the old custom.

Miss Walters approached one of the Afghani women and asked, "Why do you now seem happy with the old custom that you once tried so desperately to change?"

The woman looked Miss Walters straight in the eyes, and without hesitation, said, "Land Mines."

MORAL OF THE STORY: BEHIND EVERY MAN IS A SMART WOMAN.

Redstone  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Mar-27-08 05:10 PM
Response to Original message

1. Good jokes generally make you wince a bit as you laugh, because of the truth contained within them.

That one is a good joke.

Hmmmm.

I'll bet the bird-smacking stoned red-faced primitive is going to be wincing a lot, when his old pal the lying titty primitive finally shows up at his doorstep, which should be any time soon.

The bird-smacking stoned red-faced primitive thinks his old pal is just dropping by for a social visit.

But actually, the lying titty primitive wants to borrow money from the bird-smacking stoned red-faced primitive.

Wait, and watch, and see if franksolich isn't right.

panader0  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Mar-27-08 05:10 PM
Response to Original message

2. Bless those brave guys minesweeping for their women.........
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: subway cat tries to crack a funny; knows her place
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 04:18:39 PM »
I can't wait to hear about their adventures!!! :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 04:49:24 PM »
Ewwwwwwwwwwww. Let's hope they refrain from sharing the photobucket account on DU!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 05:02:13 PM »
I dunno, BadCat and DixieBelle; I don't think it's going to be that long of a reunion, or even conversation, once the lying titty primitive asks the bird-smacking stoned red-faced primitive for a loan.

Remember, the bird-smacking stoned red-faced primitive is, or was, trying to buy a house in New Hampshire.

Quite possibly the lying titty primitive saw that, and thinks it an opportune time to "temporarily borrow" some of the down-payment dough.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 05:16:35 PM »
So would the subway cat walk in behind because she's a human female or in front because he's a male cat?

Cindie
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 05:34:16 PM »
So would the subway cat walk in behind because she's a human female or in front because he's a male cat?

Cindie
Neither, she would wevae in and out of his legs in an immensely annoying fashion.  :-)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 06:38:12 PM »
Well, they did say they were going to get out their guitars.
Poor, beaten MrsRedbone will be subjected to hours of badly played and obscenely sung Bob Dylan tunes.

Badly played will definately happen.  As far as singing like Bob Dylan, most out of tune singers can do that anyway.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 06:05:45 AM »
I dunno, BadCat and DixieBelle; I don't think it's going to be that long of a reunion, or even conversation, once the lying titty primitive asks the bird-smacking stoned red-faced primitive for a loan.

Remember, the bird-smacking stoned red-faced primitive is, or was, trying to buy a house in New Hampshire.

Quite possibly the lying titty primitive saw that, and thinks it an opportune time to "temporarily borrow" some of the down-payment dough.

Isn't Redstone a remarkably cheap bastard to boot?  Can't remember why, but that is part of my impression of him.  Should be good for some laughs when TiT-boy tries to put The Touch on him.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 07:16:59 AM »
Isn't Redstone a remarkably cheap bastard to boot?  Can't remember why, but that is part of my impression of him.  Should be good for some laughs when TiT-boy tries to put The Touch on him.

Yeah, when Skinsflint ran that fund-raiser for Second Harvest on Skins's island around Christmas 2006 (it was done again in 2007, but I'm describing 2006), the bird-smacking stoned red-faced primitive offered to donate either $1000 or $1500 "in kind," rather than in cash.

The red-faced primitive owns a "nonprofit" business, one of these "nonprofit" things that's enabling him to buy some expensive real-estate up there in New Hampshire, next door to the Bostonian Drunkard's  multi-milllionaire maternal ancrestress's land-holdings.

The "ln kind" "donation" to Second Harvest was old office supplies for which the red-faced primitive no longer had any use, and was going to have to throw away sooner or later.
apres moi, le deluge