Author Topic: Greenbriar Can't Afford Divorce  (Read 2995 times)

Offline VivisMom

Greenbriar Can't Afford Divorce
« on: March 27, 2008, 07:52:45 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x7603986

greenbriar  (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-26-08 10:38 PM
Original message
If I had financial stability, I would be starting divorce proceding right now
 but without the duel income we have, I can't live alone

Maybe if you hadn't taken a cruise in this horrible * economy, you could afford a divorce.

greenbriar  (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-26-08 10:48 PM
Response to Reply #3
4. on our cruise, his bar bill was 800.00 
 for 7 days

If I was married to you, I would have had far more to drink.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
Re: Greenbriar Can't Afford Divorce
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 07:55:45 AM »
Ohhhhhhhhhhh noessssssssss here comes the hat to pass! :whatever:
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 08:06:34 AM »

They're in the fight business?

Got to love them intellectually superior DUmmies. :loser:
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 08:10:42 AM »

Outsourcing - it's the way forward.  :-)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 08:16:44 AM »

Not only that, but the plagiarizing greedy thorn primitive is a schoolteacher, 8th-graders.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 08:19:00 AM »
If I was married to you, I would have had far more to drink.

Well now, remember, the plagiarizing greedy thorn primitive's husband had wanted the trip so as to rekindle some romance in their marriage, to get some exercise hopping around in the sack.

But no, the plagiarizing greedy thorn primitive didn't want any of that.

So what was he to do?  Twiddle his thumbs?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 08:45:58 AM »

Not only that, but the plagiarizing greedy thorn primitive is a schoolteacher, 8th-graders.

That's scary.

Gotta gets me some more publik edukshun.  :-)
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 09:46:50 AM »
And how much was HER bar tab??? Methinks the DUmmie lies and/or exaggerates. He may very well be a drunk. But my money is on the poor fellow just drowing his sorrows and the DUmmie making it out to be a real problem so she can excuse herself from her wedding vows. Not because she really needs to get out.

And I thought liberals were all about rehab? Why is she not sticking by him and doing an intervention?
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 09:49:11 AM »
Don't the classier cruises have open bars?  The last one I was a part of did.  There were open bars everywhere.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 10:24:13 AM »
Don't the classier cruises have open bars?  The last one I was a part of did.  There were open bars everywhere.

Some are open and some charge you for your drinks, it depends on the cruise package you buy. $800.00 for 7 days is not really that high since one mixed drink can cost you $5.00 or $6.00

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 11:01:10 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x7603986

Original message

Your incomes walk 10 paces and fire at one another?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 11:07:02 AM »

Some are open and some charge you for your drinks, it depends on the cruise package you buy. $800.00 for 7 days is not really that high since one mixed drink can cost you $5.00 or $6.00

For a domestic beer maybe.  I just did a Carnival Cruise (never again!) a few months ago and mixed drinks were in the $12-$20 range. They even charged for the "Welcome Aboard" drink (if you opted for one).

So $800 would be 80 drinks over 7 days, or 5 or 6 drinks a day per person for 2 people. For a cruise, that isn't that many.  I don't drink a lot, but many people do when on vacation,especially a cruise where driving isn't a problem and frankly, all the activities are surrounded by copious drinking. 

As to the need for a "duel" income, if you calculate the cost of the second income (clothes, food, child care, etc.) the real incremental revenue can be pretty thin.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 11:19:28 AM »

For a domestic beer maybe.  I just did a Carnival Cruise (never again!) a few months ago and mixed drinks were in the $12-$20 range. They even charged for the "Welcome Aboard" drink (if you opted for one).

So $800 would be 80 drinks over 7 days, or 5 or 6 drinks a day per person for 2 people. For a cruise, that isn't that many.  I don't drink a lot, but many people do when on vacation,especially a cruise where driving isn't a problem and frankly, all the activities are surrounded by copious drinking. 

As to the need for a "duel" income, if you calculate the cost of the second income (clothes, food, child care, etc.) the real incremental revenue can be pretty thin.

I knew that drinks were expensive but I had no idea they were that much...wow!

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 11:24:51 AM »
Maybe BadCat can enlighten us, but isn't Greenbriar one of the more prolific posters at the DUmp?  Perhaps posting there was more of a cause to your divorce than anything else.  I'm sure she was nuts to begin with, but posting there is a recipe for divorce.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 01:20:26 PM »

I went on a cruise a couple of summers ago.  We brought wine and vodka on board with us.  So a little of that, then a glass of wine at dinner and maybe a cocktail in the evening.  Vodka goes great with that fruit punch drink they have that's free. 

Concerning the OP:  My dad left my mom with zero savings.  All she had was her monthly income and 401k.  She managed to afford to get a divorce.  She lives in the same house and has the same car.  She was lucky though, my dad had to continue to pay for her car and she didn't have to buy him out of his portion of the house.

She needs to learn that she can cut back on things that are luxuries, like cable tv or internet, or going out to eat, etc.

Sorry, if her husband is really that abusive, then you can always "afford" to get out of it. 

Maybe BadCat can enlighten us, but isn't Greenbriar one of the more prolific posters at the DUmp?  Perhaps posting there was more of a cause to your divorce than anything else.  I'm sure she was nuts to begin with, but posting there is a recipe for divorce.

Yes she is.  She's also the one that plagiarized that thread a few months ago.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris_

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 01:25:38 PM »
Original message

You know this woman has sprinted to the top of my she-bitch of the year award. She quite willingly accepts expensive gifts and wonderful vacations from this man who obviously (whatever else his shortcomings may be) loves her. Not only does she NOT spend time with him on this cruise, but actually spent time with another man. Then she goes on a public message board and talks about what a creep and a drunk he is. Evidently he's not so much of an alcoholic that he can't hold down a decent job that pays (my guess would be MOST of) the bills and buy her very nice gifts. This selfish, pathetic little (I won't type the "c" word going through my mind) doesn't have enough honesty and integrity to take responsibility for HER choices and leave because she wants his income. A middle school teacher doesn't earn pocket change and she's got benefits up the wazzoo. She could rent a very nice condo. It would be the decent thing to do.

I swear if I knew her husband I'd show him what she's been saying PUBLICLY about him because he definitely deserves better.

Cindie

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2008, 06:39:42 PM »
Gawd, she keeps digging that hole deeper...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x7605726

greenbriar  (1000+ posts)      Thu Mar-27-08 05:33 PM
Original message
so all those experienced with Divorce...tell me how
 how do you finally make that break

how do you find a lawyer...do you need a lawyer

how do you arrange bills....loans, house, property

how do you tell the kids?

Online Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2008, 07:50:43 PM »
Original message
 but without the duel income we have, I can't live the life I am accustomed and entitled to.

Fixed it.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2008, 08:36:15 PM »

I went on a cruise a couple of summers ago.  We brought wine and vodka on board with us.  So a little of that, then a glass of wine at dinner and maybe a cocktail in the evening.  Vodka goes great with that fruit punch drink they have that's free. 

Concerning the OP:  My dad left my mom with zero savings.  All she had was her monthly income and 401k.  She managed to afford to get a divorce.  She lives in the same house and has the same car.  She was lucky though, my dad had to continue to pay for her car and she didn't have to buy him out of his portion of the house.

She needs to learn that she can cut back on things that are luxuries, like cable tv or internet, or going out to eat, etc.

Sorry, if her husband is really that abusive, then you can always "afford" to get out of it. 

Yes she is.  She's also the one that plagiarized that thread a few months ago.

in some states, whoever leaves the marriage and home gets to keep the home and the stuff in it.

maybe she's waiting him out? she wants the house but doesnt have the income to afford on her own?

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2008, 08:42:44 PM »

Original message
Your incomes walk 10 paces and fire at one another?

Maybe one of em's a really big paycheck that's trying to kill the smaller one!:

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.