Author Topic: What if these madmen do attack Iran ?  (Read 2718 times)

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
What if these madmen do attack Iran ?
« on: March 26, 2008, 07:23:58 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3064452

blues90  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Mar-26-08 06:22 PM
Original message

Advertisements [?]
I keep thinking about this and have to really wonder what effects this will have and how most other issues will suddenly become pointless .

This is possible and it could happen , there is no way we can stop this and from what I have heard lately this seems to be the last chance these freaks have . I don't think they will aline this with the elections , I don't think this has anything to do with elections , the elections just seem to be a distraction .

Already the news about this has died down to a silence as if it just went away into the ether .

I wonder how people all over the globe will react to this .

Refresh | 0 Recommendations    Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

LakeSamish706  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Mar-26-08 06:27 PM
Response to Original message
1. I have been saying for months on DU that I believe that an attack on Iran...

is inevitable by the Bush Administration. If it were to happen I really can see a World War occurring because of it and one of the worse things would be a Military rule in the US by this Administration.. ugh and double ugh.

If an Iran attack occurs, there will be a major loss of life both in Iran and probably in Iraq by Iran targeting all US personnel in that country.
   Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

cliffordu  (573 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Mar-26-08 06:29 PM
2. We. Are. ****ed.

:rotf:

Zywiec  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Mar-26-08 06:29 PM
3. If you really wonder what effects this will have

a simple search on DU from 2002 - present will yield thousands and thousands of threads on the exact topic. Reading those should keep you busy until Bush is out of office and this finally dies down along with the martial law threads.

blues90  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Mar-26-08 06:35 PM
Response to Reply #3
6. I read them in 2002 .

sure it may be a false empty issue or it may not . I don't sit here worried about it because I have no more control over this than i do when the next earth quake comes along .

It keeps coming up for some reason and at this point I just wonder why it's different than before , at other times there were no elections and I don't feel it has any basis to create fear in people this time around .

MartyL  (155 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Mar-26-08 06:30 PM
4. I fear you are right

and they will use the elections as the distraction and all candidates will go along with it because "we are at war".

Hell Hath No Fury  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Mar-26-08 06:30 PM
5. We will be even more ****ed...

and yes, that is possible. If we use anything nukish, then we become a true pariah and I have no doubt we will be the victims of many attempted attacks by angry people.

As for Americans, I think the only answer to something like that is to shut down DC -- I would hope to see 10s of thousands of us take to the WH for mass arrests, day after day until enough pressure was put on Congress to remove Bush & Co.
sure that will happen. in your dreams  :-)

blues90  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Mar-26-08 06:40 PM
Response to Reply #5
7.  This issue of nukes ?

Wouldn't it be the same result if they used conventional bombs to hit nuclear power installations ? Wouldn't this spread nuclear waste into the air too .

If they did this attack it would be a bit late to remove bush and cheney from office . Certainly people could protest but it would only show the rest of the globe we are not all crazy , it may even be a bit to late for that .

The Stranger  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Mar-26-08 06:42 PM
8. Nancy (to the tune of "Mandy")   Updated at 10:02 AM

Oh Nancy,
You took it off the table,
And you ****ed it all away,

Oh Nancy,
You held us and kept us from impeaching,
Now we need help today,

Oh Nancy.
do you seriously think nancy cares about you idiots?

bobthedrummer  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Mar-26-08 06:42 PM
9. The "crazies" have breached the containment at the Pentagon and elsewhere

Edited on Wed Mar-26-08 06:44 PM by bobthedrummer
it's time to suspend the 110th Congress for awhile that has not fulfilled it's oath to we the people and our Constitution-which is our rallying point.

It's way past time to remove these criminals, traitors and domestic enemies of The United States of America from the offices that they occupy-by any and all means within our Constitution (which is US) and all loyal to it.
how do you plan to do that?  :popcorn:

givemebackmycountry  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Mar-26-08 07:01 PM
11. Not IF but WHEN and WHEN is coming soon, very soon.

Do a little poking around, there were threads about this a few days ago.
Cheney goes to the Middle East last week.
Cheney meets with the Saudis.
Cheney goes home to his underground liar.
Saudis release a news story that says that they are preparing for a "sudden nuclear event" that could occur in the region.

Not IF but WHEN.

These m'fers have a checklist and they are going down it one by one.
Oh, and by the way...
WE are all on that checklist as well.

tom_paine  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Mar-26-08 07:04 PM
12. I still have the feeling there will be no attack on Iran, either a False Flag

9/11 #2 THEN we attack Iran.

Or the whole point of this exercise is to keep the pot boiling, keep the fear ratcheted, and suck the media cycle dry, since it really can only concentrate on one main event at a time, perhaps with a sideshow or two.

I think THAT may be the issue here. Bushie Kremlinology.
:lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao:

Warpy  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Mar-26-08 07:10 PM
13. I doubt it will happen before fall

and possibly not until after the election, no matter who wins it. McBush wants a war and if a Democrat wins, Stupid will want to do what his daddy did and dump another dirty war right into his/her lap.

The only reason for doing it just before summer is that the punishing heat will restrict the war to lobbing missiles back and forth, time to get a draft going here in the US.
you idiots hate the troops and yet you want a draft.  :mental:

warren pease  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Mar-26-08 07:50 PM
14. Interesting how, after observing them for a little more than a year ...

... the majority party "leadership" has shown themselves to be so utterly useless that nobody has even mentioned the possibility of congress actually taking some kind of action that would keep these lunatics from launching an attack on Iran. Except that fine Ode to Nancy posted up above.

Now that's pathetic. And it's even worse because of the lies and continuous betrayals foisted on us by these frauds.

I suspect that a year ago most people here would be looking forward to watching the new congressional leadership kick the Bushies in the teeth and tell them their days of unchecked fascism, imperialism, bloodshed, mass thievery and money grubbing were over.

Instead, we have Ms. Nancy and Mr. Reid doing their absolute best to achieve true bipartisanship which, these days, simply means kissing the GOP's elephantine ass, asking their forgiveness for whatever they might have done or might do in the future that would compromise this perfect bipartisan balance.

And they follow that one up by declaring their wholehearted support for any and every stupid, illegal, harmful and/or lethal policy the Bushies can dream up.

On those rare occasions where a mild disagreement exists, there's always the strongly worded letter to con the more gullible members of the public into thinking these unprincipled, compromised and failed "leaders" actually do something from time to time other than polish Cheney's head.

So, no help from them. As usual, we're on our own but, fortunately, there are enough activists and organizations out there that nobody has to act as a lone dissenter any more. Still, opposition from the opposition party would be a nice change.

wp
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: What if these madmen do attack Iran ?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 07:27:36 PM »
It's been two years since their predicted June 2006 attack of Iran and the start of the draft the next day

DUmmies...please...give it up.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 07:29:46 PM »

We will need some human shields so I hope you will be on the first plane over there.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 07:36:58 PM »
I want the Iranian nuclear facilities taken out before President Bush leaves office.  Lord knows it won't happen afterwards.

To hear we have bombed the Iranian nuclear program back to the stone age would be music to my soul.

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 07:45:16 PM »
Iran rolls over in less than 3 days.

That's what happens.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 08:01:00 PM »
LakeSamish706  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Mar-26-08 06:27 PM
1. I have been saying for months on DU that I believe that an attack on Iran...

is inevitable by the Bush Administration. If it were to happen I really can see a World War occurring because of it and one of the worse things would be a Military rule in the US by this Administration.. ugh and double ugh.

I fear the French army is already poised for their attack against us. :rotf:

There is no bottom to the depth of their stupidity.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 08:10:26 PM »
More troop love from the DUmp. That free oil that you rejects keep harping about that we went over to steal sure has been a great benefit for all of......oh wait a minute Gas in around $3.09 a gallon and its going to hit higher as summer gets closer so I guess once again your wrong on this too.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 08:54:10 PM »
jmowreader  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Mar-26-08 09:17 PM
18. If that happens, the US *will* be invaded

Don't think it can't happen, because it can.

If the US invades Iran, Bush will have officially made himself Just As Bad As Saddam. Torture chambers, rape rooms, mass graves, AND invading Iran? Check, check, check, check. Oh, and we have weapons of mass destruction too!

The logistics of the operation aren't all that complex. The Russians have An-124 transports, most countries (certainly any country in the world who might join in stopping George W. Hussein) have civil airliners that can reach the US, and the post-Desert Storm Army has been rightsized, BRACced, and worn out in Operation Iraqi Liberation so there isn't a whole hell of a lot that can stop them from doing it.

And forget occupation: they'd stay just long enough for the US to turn over the whole Bush Maladministration for trial at The Hague.

invason of the continental US? in your dreams DUmbass
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 09:01:55 PM by Attero Dominatus »
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 09:01:16 PM »
jmowreader  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Mar-26-08 09:17 PM
18. If that happens, the US *will* be invaded

Don't think it can't happen, because it can.

If the US invades Iran, Bush will have officially made himself Just As Bad As Saddam. Torture chambers, rape rooms, mass graves, AND invading Iran? Check, check, check, check. Oh, and we have weapons of mass destruction too!

The logistics of the operation aren't all that complex. The Russians have An-124 transports, most countries (certainly any country in the world who might join in stopping George W. Hussein) have civil airliners that can reach the US, and the post-Desert Storm Army has been rightsized, BRACced, and worn out in Operation Iraqi Liberation so there isn't a whole hell of a lot that can stop them from doing it.

And forget occupation: they'd stay just long enough for the US to turn over the whole Bush Maladministration for trial at The Hague.

invason of the continental US? in your dreams DUmbass

They have no clue how big that civilian milita the Constitution grants the right to bear arms really is. :-)

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 10:29:42 PM »
The Hive is the only place where a thread starts from a completely bullshit scenario created out of whole cloth, gets elaborated and extrapolated on throughout the body of the thread with all kinds of plot elements added on, and ends with posters wailing and cry over the "aftermath". :ohnoes: As if it has actually happened or is about to happen. :rotf:

The kicker is, the cycle repeats several times a day, day after day. They star in their own little disaster and post-apocalypse movies, endlessly. Think "The Day After Tomorrow", "The Stand", "Dante's Peak", "Armageddon", etc., etc. Only in the DUmmy version, nobody gets rescued, there's no last-minute solution, Bruce Willis doesn't blow up the asteroid.

Their own little world of misery and paranoia, feeding into one anothers pessimism and hysteria. What a freakshow.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 10:31:34 PM by dandi »
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 10:38:18 PM »
The Hive is the only place where a thread starts from a completely bullshit scenario created out of whole cloth, gets elaborated and extrapolated on throughout the body of the thread with all kinds of plot elements added on, and ends with people wailing and cry over the "aftermath". :ohnoes: As if it has actually happened or is about to happen. :rotf:

The kicker is, the cycle repeats several times a day, day after day. They star in their own little disaster and post-apocalypse movies, endlessly. Think "The Day After Tomorrow", "The Stand", "Dante's Peak", "Armageddon", etc., etc. Only in the DUmmy version, nobody gets rescued, there's no last-minute solution, Bruce Willis doesn't blow up the asteroid.

Their own little world of misery and paranoia, feeding into one anothers pessimism and hysteria. What a freakshow.

That maybe what happenes in their shitty little world. In ours, reality is somewhat differant.

I'm certain that guy and his friends will stop any DU utopia from coming to be.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Offline Taxman

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 05:21:43 AM »
The Hive is the only place where a thread starts from a completely bullshit scenario created out of whole cloth, gets elaborated and extrapolated on throughout the body of the thread with all kinds of plot elements added on, and ends with people wailing and cry over the "aftermath". :ohnoes: As if it has actually happened or is about to happen. :rotf:

That maybe what happenes in their shitty little world. In ours, reality is somewhat differant.

AW, is that a picture of one of the snipers in Bosnia that was firing at Hillary?   :-)

Offline djones520

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 05:30:58 AM »

AW, is that a picture of one of the snipers in Bosnia that was firing at Hillary?   :-)

Nah, he woulda hit her.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 01:29:49 PM »

Nah, he woulda hit her.

If it was he probably went blind from having to stare at her long enough to pull the trigger.
MOLON LABE

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 02:14:43 PM »
What you must understand in order to understand the DUmmies is that they WANT the USA to bomb Iran.  It goes along with their secretly being  thrilled about Iraq.  It gives them something to hold on to.  It gives them something to protest.  It gives them something with which to pretend the USA is the Bad Guy.  They love it!

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 02:45:35 PM »
How about doing what you do every day?  Sit in the basement and whine on the computer about maybe, possibly sending running shoes (he he, get it?  "I ran") to Chimpy.  In the end , you do nothing, because that's the thing you're best at and the only thing you're competent enough to do on your own.  :hammer: :loser: :lmao:
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther