Author Topic: WJ this morning: Why are you a Liberal or a Conservative?  (Read 944 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
WJ this morning: Why are you a Liberal or a Conservative?
« on: March 26, 2008, 07:33:21 AM »
 :lmao:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3061717

malaise  (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-26-08 07:04 AM
Original message
WJ this morning: Why are you a Liberal or a Conservative?
 Should be interesting.

fasttense (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-26-08 07:13 AM
Response to Original message
1. I wonder if any of the callers will admit
 they are repukes because they are bat sh*t crazy? I wonder if any of the so called Independents will admit they were suckers when they voted for the bushes?

No, too much truth may explode their heads.

Breathe..............must breathe :lmao: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

malaise  (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-26-08 07:15 AM
Response to Reply #1
2. Not likely
 I think they should just admit that they love Kool-Aid.

JustABozoOnThisBus  (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-26-08 08:03 AM
Response to Reply #1
8. Repuke vs conservative
 I'm conservative in some ways, but still vote Dem.

I think the govt should work toward balancing its budget and make wiser investments. Like not conducting expensive and pointless wars. That would save a ton of money that we could invest in things like education and universal health care, things that result in a stronger country.

I think the govt should award contracts domestically where possible, and after competitive supervised bids. This would help rebuild industry and help reduce costs of stuff like medicine.

The republicans don't seem to be concerned about money at all. Borrow and spend. No-bid contracts. Life is a dream.

I don't see ysa'll bitching over Native American (Alaskan) small buisness (my ass) no bid contracts happening and pushing all true small buisness contractors out of buisness................where's your complaints then??

Echo In Light (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-26-08 07:23 AM
3. That "moderate" dem just made the point: "people start out liberal, and then we..."
 "Become more conservative as we get older and MORE MATERIALISTIC..."

Profits over people.

No they become more conservative when reality strikes

Echo In Light (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-26-08 07:34 AM
Response to Reply #4
5. She spoke to this grotesque, widely held belief: "If you're not liberal at 20, you haven't any heart
 ...if you're not conservative by 30, you haven't any brains."

Plenty of people buy into this self serving bullshit as it's fostered within our corporate culture for a host of obvious reasons. In short, liberalism is apparently a naive phase that's somehow outgrown once one comes to understand that one is expected to assimilate to the mass denial of morality and injustice inherent in the profits over people way.

:thatsright:

ayeshahaqqiqa  (1000+ posts)       Wed Mar-26-08 07:36 AM
Response to Reply #3
6. Not the case here
 if anything, the opposite. I'd say I've gotten more liberal and less materialistic as I've grown older.

You people give up food before giving up internet connections................I'd call that a little materialistic. And when did being conservative become materialistic

Echo In Light (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-26-08 07:44 AM
Response to Reply #6
7. I've always been very liberal minded, but understand it, how it fits into our society, etc
 As I've gotten older. There are experiences that I notice the difference in...from when I was younger, compared to now. It's more a matter of understanding the bigger picture, understanding the psychological nuts and bolts behind the prevailing social systems that we're impacted by, beholden to. Likewise, there are books that I've re-read and different points in my life only to come away with something a little different each time.

Possumpoint (278 posts)      Wed Mar-26-08 08:22 AM
9. I've been
 through three phases in my life. I started out liberal, became very conservative and have now adopted a very middle of the the road approach to most everything except the financial health of this country. Neither party has taken steps to secure the financial well being of this country.

Uncontrolled spending and illegal wars are bleeding us white. Every program and government policy needs to be reviewed for need and cost effectiveness. The premise that it is good for business doesn't cut it. Bush's policies of hands off business and no new taxes on them versus public money bail out when they get in trouble must be stopped.

We must get back to a balanced budget. If that means cut backs so be it. We cannot contine the uncontrolled slide into debt. We are borrowing against our children's, their children and their grand children's future.

I smell Paulista all over this possum
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline jukin

Re: WJ this morning: Why are you a Liberal or a Conservative?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 10:53:05 AM »
You know if the DUmbasses directed some of their hate toward worthy projects they would be successful and happier.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.