Author Topic: * IRAN ATTACK UPDATE *  (Read 2182 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
* IRAN ATTACK UPDATE *
« on: March 25, 2008, 10:17:39 AM »
an update??

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3057430

chimper (75 posts)      Tue Mar-25-08 10:24 AM
Original message
* IRAN ATTACK UPDATE *
 Advertisements [?]The Shock and Awe of Bombing Iran: The Bush-Cheney Grand Finale of Destruction.

http://www.buzzflash.com/articles/editorblog/068

'Amidst the passionate and contentious Democratic primary, all of us may have taken our eyes off the pending possibility that Bush and Cheney kicked Fallon aside to replace him with a politically-malleable military leader who will go along with nuking Iran.

That may be the final shock and awe that this monstrous administration will leave us with before they exit stage right.'

jpak  (1000+ posts)      Tue Mar-25-08 10:26 AM
Response to Original message
1. WEEEEEeeeeeee !!!!
:bouncy:

:lmao:

MercutioATC (1000+ posts)       Tue Mar-25-08 10:28 AM
2. The govt. spokesperson accused Esquire of misrepresenting Fallon's positions...
 I don't believe that for a minute, but is anybody aware of a statement by Fallon in reference to the article after it was published?

Paint It Black (891 posts)      Tue Mar-25-08 10:28 AM
3. Cue up Bon Jovi's "Blaze of Glory"
 Seems to be the theme song for BushCo, as their final "**** you" to the American people. They know that a war with Iran would not be quite so easy to extract ourselves from, and that it would be much more likely to spread into something wider.

democrank  (1000+ posts)       Tue Mar-25-08 10:29 AM
4. What a frightening possibility.
 ~PEACE~

TomClash  (1000+ posts)       Tue Mar-25-08 10:39 AM
5. Not happening
 Halliburton can't make money off an Iranian bombing.

earthboundmisfit (833 posts)     Tue Mar-25-08 10:42 AM
6. As I often say
 These bastards are going to do as much damage as they possibly can before they leave in 2009.

Right up to inauguration 2009 they will turn as much of our country & world to shit as they possibly can.

I just hope I live long enough to see Karma kick in for them.

DemoTex  (1000+ posts)       Tue Mar-25-08 11:08 AM
7.  #1. US launches "surgical" strikes on targets in Iran (the Nightmare begins).
 #2. Iran immediately lets the Sunburn missiles fly, and within four hours half the US fleet in the Persian Gulf is destroyed and several thousand US sailors are lost.

#3. The US "retaliates" with massive bombings in Iran.

#4. Battalions of Iran's 650,000-man standing army cross the border into Iraq to seal off the port city of Basra. Crack regiments of the Iranian army stream across the border to engage US troops (who are now reliant on re-supply by air). Meanwhile, Iran calls up reserve components.

#5. Martial law is declared in the US .. etc., etc...

Dien Bien Phu in the desert. The neocons' wet-dream. The Christian taliban's Armageddon. W.B. Yeat's prescient poem has found it's fruition.

THE SECOND COMING

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: a waste of desert sand;
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Wind shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

William Butler Yeats (1865-1939)

:thatsright: Damn the stupid in these idjits
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Re: * IRAN ATTACK UPDATE *
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 10:43:56 AM »
The Iraqis are iching at another crack at the ****ing irainians, anyway.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 10:48:44 AM »
Just wait 24 business hours
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 11:52:08 AM »
I find that scenario just as likely as a DUmpmonkey making a correct prediction.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 11:53:33 AM »
I find that scenario just as likely as a DUmpmonkey making a correct prediction.

Even blind squirrels do better at finding nuts . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 12:30:12 PM »
politically-malleable military leader who will go along with nuking Iran.

What kind of idiot actually thinks that we would nuke Iran. I can't read this shit without shaking my head and laughing.....DU is the place that needs to be nuked. :mental: :mental:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 05:37:53 PM »
7.  #1. US launches "surgical" strikes on targets in Iran (the Nightmare begins).
 #2. Iran immediately lets the Sunburn missiles fly, and within four hours half the US fleet in the Persian Gulf is destroyed and several thousand US sailors are lost.

Here's a better scenario:

#1. US Navy Task Groups exit the Persian Gulf.

#2. Air- and submarine-launched cruise missiles, along with bombs from Air Force F-117s take out Sunburn missile batteries that have been localized through satellite imagery and SEAL reconnaissance.

#3. Remaining Sunburns are badly damaged, operators have fled their posts or are unable to read their Russian operating manuals.

#4. Navy Task Groups re-enter gulf, hold "swim call" under glow of multiple new suns arising from Iranian landscape.

#5. DemoTex goes to bed for several days with case of deep depression over the fact that no Americans died.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 05:32:48 AM »

#2. Air- and submarine-launched cruise missiles, along with bombs from Air Force F-117s take out Sunburn missile batteries that have been localized through satellite imagery and SEAL reconnaissance.

#3. Remaining Sunburns are badly damaged, operators have fled their posts or are unable to read their Russian operating manuals.

#4. Navy Task Groups re-enter gulf, hold "swim call" under glow of multiple new suns arising from Iranian landscape.

#5. DemoTex goes to bed for several days with case of deep depression over the fact that no Americans died.

I think the F-117 was officially retired a few weeks ago.  The last one landed at "the boneyard."
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 07:45:39 AM »

I think the F-117 was officially retired a few weeks ago.  The last one landed at "the boneyard."

You're thinking of the F14 Tomcat.

The F117 is the stealth fighter.

Damn time goes by fast.  :thatsright:

You're correct the F117 is being retired.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 08:13:06 AM by ScubaGuy »
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline jukin

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 02:02:50 PM »
REALITY ALERT!!!!

Still no war with Iran.

That is all.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 02:05:04 PM »
The F-117 is being retired? WTF? It's not that damn old. :confused:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 05:45:40 PM »

That's what I first thought when I posted my reply.  After looking things up it appears that it'll be gone this year, replaced by the F22 Raptor.

25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 06:51:16 PM »
'Amidst the passionate and contentious Democratic primary, all of us may have taken our eyes off the pending possibility that Bush and Cheney kicked Fallon aside to replace him with a politically-malleable military leader who will go along with nuking Iran.

Um, how to break this to them without causing mass suicides in DU land...... military leaders don't "go along" with orders.  They follow them. They don't question them.  They follow them.

So pretty much anyone in the position will do it when ordered.   Now you can go drink your Kool-aid and have a long nap.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 06:53:52 PM »
Fat Che is long gone from the Skin's Island, yet, his legacy of this inaccurate prediction lives on multiple years after his granite nap.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 07:05:40 PM »
Fat Che is long gone from the Skin's Island, yet, his legacy of this inaccurate prediction lives on multiple years after his granite nap.

You know, there's something interesting, in a Freudian way, with what Fat Che's been posting in his new digs, Big Jerry's salon.

It used to be that Fat Che flung around all sorts of dire prophecies on Skins's island.

Now all Fat Che does in Big Jerry's salon is boast and lie and allege about past deeds of his.

Fat Che's back from the future, to a past that never really was.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 07:52:44 PM »
 #2. Iran immediately lets the Sunburn missiles fly, and within four hours half the US fleet in the Persian Gulf is destroyed and several thousand US sailors are lost.Sounds like wishful thinking on your part. :bird:

#3. The US "retaliates" with massive bombings in Iran.

#4. Battalions of Iran's 650,000-man standing army cross the border into Iraq to seal off the port city of Basra. Crack regiments of the Iranian army stream across the border to engage US troops (who are now reliant on re-supply by air). Meanwhile, Iran calls up reserve components. Stream acrossed all right...probably to surrender and beg to be fed and protected.

#5. Martial law is declared in the US .. etc., etc...blah blah blah,so this was your talking point all along.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 09:34:23 PM »
Crack regiments?  I thought those guys mostly stuck to opiates.

:popcorn:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2008, 10:31:50 AM »

The fist one flew in 1981, according to some news items I've seen.  Supposedly, there was a wing of them at Holloman AFB in NM, not far from FT Bliss.  I remember seeing a fair number of A-7s during the daytime while I was there.  What does the A-7 have to do with the F-117?  Supposedly, the two had very similar flying characteristics, so it was as if the pilots flying the A-7s were actually in F-117 "trainers."

Chase her.