Author Topic: N. Carolinians identifying as Repubs DROPS from 35% to 26%, Pew Research Center.  (Read 1686 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Bullshit................and if it says PEW it must stink :bird:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3057390

Blackhatjack  (1000+ posts)     Tue Mar-25-08 10:09 AM
Original message
N. Carolinians identifying as Repubs DROPS from 35% to 26%, Pew Research Center...
 Edited on Tue Mar-25-08 10:20 AM by Blackhatjack
http://www.newsobserver.com/politics/story/1012174.html

"Fewer in N.C. affirm GOP ties"

"Of the large states Bush won by more than five points in 2004, North Carolina has seen the greatest drop in GOP identification"

Official voter registration as of March 22, 2008, 44.8% Dem, 34% Repub, 21.2% Independent.

This should settle all doubts that NC is a Democratic state by voter registration and by self-identification.

My hairy ass........................Charlotte.....the Triad.....and hippy school area...........other than that Bullshit.

supernova  (1000+ posts)       Tue Mar-25-08 10:13 AM
Response to Original message
1. This is really good news
 Thanks!

ingac70  (1000+ posts)       Tue Mar-25-08 10:16 AM
2. Awesome!
 People are really kidding themselves if they think folks in the normally "red" states aren't fed up with the bullshit Repukes have put the country through.

And you are so setting yourself up for dissappointment.

book_worm  (1000+ posts)      Tue Mar-25-08 10:17 AM
3. I think if we target it we can win it in November.

Shae  (197 posts)      Tue Mar-25-08 10:24 AM
4. That is astounding
 I hope it means the tide is turning. It's about time!

The tide isn't changing..............

AP (1000+ posts)      Tue Mar-25-08 10:32 AM
5. ...Edwards?

You should stop breathing and wasting others air you damn IDJIT

Orsino  (1000+ posts)       Tue Mar-25-08 10:33 AM
6. Watch these numbers...
 ...and compare carefully to the November returns from this newly-blue state
. Think Diebold could turn this into a draw?

:thatsright:

kentuck  (1000+ posts)       Tue Mar-25-08 10:39 AM
7. Can't wait to vote for Hillary...?
 I assume?

:evillaugh:

NNN0LHI  (1000+ posts)      Tue Mar-25-08 10:40 AM
8. This is good unless they are fecking with our primaries which I think they are
 Lets see who they vote for in November before getting too excited.

Don

Why wouldn't we **** with your primary...............YOU GAVE US MCCAIN DAMMIT

kentuck  (1000+ posts)       Tue Mar-25-08 10:43 AM
Response to Reply #8
9. I don't think so, Don...
 I think the Republican Party will have to win them back. It won't happen in this election cycle.

Kentuck.................You are a stupid ignorant ****ing idjit

SoCalDem  (1000+ posts)       Tue Mar-25-08 10:45 AM
Response to Reply #8
10. If they F-up our primaries and we end up with the wrong candidate
 November won't matter all that much

What're ya gonna do tough shit eater?? For the most part, all of the House and Senate races are already decided. All the liberal crossover votes early on gave us McCain, so we in NC figured if there is nobody on the rebublican side and the fact a lot of us are registered I..............we'd just return the favor. :bird:

I recently moved back to NC and when I registered to vote, I registered Unafilliated..........meaning I can vote in either primary. My mother who is about as close to a liberal as Michelle Malkin is a registered Dem. see way back when in NC the Dummies were the only ones with a primary.

I would bet that 95% of the independents identified will more than likely vote for a republican over a democrat.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Dumb asses don't understand Operation Chaos.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline HACKSAW

Dumb asses don't understand Operation Chaos.

Liberals are like Slinkies...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
No, you DUmbasses, it just means conservatives are a HELLUVA lot more open-minded than you idiots. Just because some of us don't identify ourselves as Republican does NOT mean we won't vote Republican in the general election. I've never considered myself a Republican, but I helped put * in office. Put that in your crack pipe and smoke it, ****ers.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
I dunno.

I don't think this is particularly bad news.

It's not good news, but it's not bad news either.

North Carolina has a tradition since circa 1970, of wavering, partywise.

But on the whole, North Carolina remains a red state.

It's just a natural thing; it'll reverse again in time.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
2. Awesome!
 People are really kidding themselves if they think folks in the normally "red" states aren't fed up with the bullshit Repukes have put the country through.

And you're kidding yourself if you think that people will buy into the garbage that you wackos are trying to sell.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
2. Awesome!

And you're kidding yourself if you think that people will buy into the garbage that you wackos are trying to sell.

That's the thing. They think that conservatives that are pissed off at the Republican Party, for one reason or another, are going to all the sudden become liberal and suck on the teet of Obamamania or Hillanetics.

Doesn't work that way, you DUmbasses.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
2. Awesome!

That's the thing. They think that conservatives that are pissed off at the Republican Party, for one reason or another, are going to all the sudden become liberal and suck on the teet of Obamamania or Hillanetics.

They think it does.  They think that just because we're PO'd at Republicans who won't act like conservatives, that means that we're going to vote for Democrats who won't act like conservatives.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
2. Awesome!

They think it does.  They think that just because we're PO'd at Republicans who won't act like conservatives, that means that we're going to vote for Democrats who won't act like conservatives.
They apparently aren't tracking the huge number of nose-clothespins being sold to real Conservatives.  There ain't no clothespin tight enough to vote for either of the junior Senators with no experience.  An avowed racist or an outed liar?  No way.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
Doesn't mean much. I live in a heavily Democratic area, but the majority only vote Dem in local and state elections. In national GEs they vote Republican over issues like taxes, abortion, gun control and defense.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself