Author Topic: Just back from dinner with my mostly Republican family  (Read 1641 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Just back from dinner with my mostly Republican family
« on: March 24, 2008, 07:43:09 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x5226900

fiziwig (1000+ posts)      Sun Mar-23-08 09:46 PM
Original message
Sisters, brother in-laws, mom, kids and grandkids (two of whom are or will be old enough to vote this year). In the past the subject of politics has always been avoided because nobody can agree on anything, although most of the group voted for Bush both times.

This time around, though, somebody brought up the subject, since Obama just visited our city. For the first time I can ever remember, there was COMPLETE unanimity among all my family members. They ALL intend to vote for Obama in the general election. I was just amazed to discover that such a cantankerous lot could actually all agree on something.

The "Republicans For Obama" stories are getting old. Your bouncy stories need more spring, DUmmies.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Re: Just back from dinner with my mostly Republican family
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 07:46:57 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x5226900

fiziwig (1000+ posts)      Sun Mar-23-08 09:46 PM
Original message
Sisters, brother in-laws, mom, kids and grandkids (two of whom are or will be old enough to vote this year). In the past the subject of politics has always been avoided because nobody can agree on anything, although most of the group voted for Bush both times.

This time around, though, somebody brought up the subject, since Obama just visited our city. For the first time I can ever remember, there was COMPLETE unanimity among all my family members. They ALL intend to vote for Obama in the general election. I was just amazed to discover that such a cantankerous lot could actually all agree on something.

The "Republicans For Obama" stories are getting old. Your bouncy stories need more spring, DUmmies.

Who paid for supper, you ****ing loser.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 07:47:37 PM »
zero bongs.

Anybody whose brains are not totally addled by massive drugs is NOT supporting hussein. He offers nothing but empty rhetoric and massive taxes.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 08:33:33 PM »
Maybe your familily members are Republicans but they aren't Conservatives....besides, you are a ying POS. Thanks anyway... :mental:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 10:47:26 PM »
Zero bongs. I agree that the "republicans for obama" is getting old.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 10:53:00 PM »

Is Jeb Eddy doing dinner parties now?

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 09:52:42 AM »
What really happened:

The DUmmie is raging about the evil BOOOOSH and frog marching him to the hauge, so the relatives try to calm the family embarasment down by saying they will not vote for George Bush again. DUmmie calms down enough to catch a breath and a compasionate Republican relative is able to get the antipsychotic medications into the DUmmie.  :-)
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 10:46:30 AM »

Remember all the republicans for Kerry that were supposed to send * packing in 04?  :rotf:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.