Author Topic: Crockpot recipes  (Read 9655 times)

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
Re: Crockpot recipes
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2010, 03:17:55 AM »
Where is Cindie's bread recipe?

She sent it to me PM... I'm sure if you ask her she will give it to you.

My power just came back on after 12 hours. I was about an hour short of both the bread and soup being done when it went out. All ruined.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2010, 12:42:05 PM »
She sent it to me PM... I'm sure if you ask her she will give it to you.

My power just came back on after 12 hours. I was about an hour short of both the bread and soup being done when it went out. All ruined.

Oh wow, that stinks.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2010, 04:40:18 PM »
Here's an easy one, but you have to like brats.

6 beer brats

10-12 small red potatoes quartered (don't peel)

1 white onion sliced

1 large jar of Stienfelds Sauerkraut, or any other good kraut. It needs to be enough to cover the brats, taters, and onions.

1 bottle of dark beer

S&P to taste
Brown the brats in a skillet, then put into the crock pot. Cover with the onions and potatoes. Then cover that with the Sauerkraut, pour on the beer. Cover and let simmer for 1 hour or until the brats are tender and the kraut is sweet.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2010, 04:43:05 PM »
Here's an easy one, but you have to like brats.

6 beer brats

10-12 small red potatoes quartered (don't peel)

1 white onion sliced

1 large jar of Stienfelds Sauerkraut, or any other good kraut. It needs to be enough to cover the brats, taters, and onions.

1 bottle of dark beer

S&P to taste
Brown the brats in a skillet, then put into the crock pot. Cover with the onions and potatoes. Then cover that with the Sauerkraut, pour on the beer. Cover and let simmer for 1 hour or until the brats are tender and the kraut is sweet.

Any kraut without juniper berries (Wacholderbeeren in German) ain't kraut. Drop a dozen or so in there and you've got a kraut that's to die for.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Wineslob

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2010, 02:18:25 PM »
My wife is 100% German...........she hates it.(berries)    :lmao:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2010, 08:44:03 AM »
My wife is 100% German...........she hates it.(berries)    :lmao:

Does that mean she doesn't use lard in Rotkohl either?   :o  Oh, the sacrilege!   :lmao:

The best thing about the juniper berries is they tone down the kraut farts, which can be horrible.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2010, 11:18:55 AM »
Does that mean she doesn't use lard in Rotkohl either?   :o  Oh, the sacrilege!   :lmao:

The best thing about the juniper berries is they tone down the kraut farts, which can be horrible.

I've had raisins in kraut before, that's pretty good.

Offline JLO

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2010, 10:11:05 PM »
Cris, you may've been remembering the recipe I posted for oven bbq spareribs:

Cook 5-6 lbs of pork spareribs in a shallow roasting pan at 350 for 45 minutes.
Top with the sauce (drain fat from pan if you want-I leave it in though)
Sauce is made of 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar; 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce; 1/2 cup soy sauce; 1/4 cup cider vinegar; 1/4 cup chili sauce; 1/2 cup ketchup; 2 tsp French's yellow mustard; 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced (I simply put in a bunch of freshly prepared minced garlic from those little jars in the produce section); and 1/8 tsp black pepper (or you can get real and dump in enough pepper to actually make a difference!)

I actually double the ingredients for the sauce so the ribs are still nice and moist after spending all day in the oven...

So you've baked the ribs for 45 minutes, turn off the oven and pour the sauce over said ribs.  Leave them set in the turned off oven for 4 hours, turning and basting with the sauce every 20 minutes or so.  Then turn your oven back on at 250 and cook the ribs another 2 pr 3 hours, again turning them every now and then to keep soaking in the sauce.  When you can't turn them over without meat falling off the bones, you're done.

Or, you can quit a little before then.  The meat will still be excellently tender.

Hi - I recognize you from that recipe elsewhere and shared it on my little recipe blog!  Remember?  :cheersmate:

I absolutely LOVE your BBQ sauce recipe, and have made it several times!  In fact, I am making it again tomorrow for some BBQ Pulled pork we got from Omaha Steaks, because I accidentally bought the un-sauced version.

Giving money and power to Democrats is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys--

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2010, 10:13:11 PM »
Hi - I recognize you from that recipe elsewhere and shared it on my little recipe blog!  Remember?  :cheersmate:

I absolutely LOVE your BBQ sauce recipe, and have made it several times!  In fact, I am making it again tomorrow for some BBQ Pulled pork we got from Omaha Steaks, because I accidentally bought the un-sauced version.

Hey JLO.  Didn't you already post the link to your blog?  Can you post it again?  I love recipes. 

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline JLO

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2010, 10:36:22 PM »
Hey JLO.  Didn't you already post the link to your blog?  Can you post it again?  I love recipes. 

Sure.  I have CRS - I was thinking I got that recipe elsewhere.  Here's the link. 
http://lenahaugland.wordpress.com/category/uncategorized/

I have no clue about blogs.  I just put my recent favorites there.  I don't always remember to put them into a category, so it's a messy blog.  There's soups, seafood and one other.  Kinda like my messy print-out recipe pages. :hyper:

To sort, look on the right near the margin.  Month or category.  I am so not a blogger. :-)
Giving money and power to Democrats is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys--

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2010, 08:26:55 AM »
Thanks!  Today I am making lentils with garlic and rosemary.  And a smoked ham hock.  :-)

Offline debk

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2010, 02:53:47 PM »
Right now, I have small Italian meatballs (the frozen kind that I baked with a bit of olive oil, garlic and onion powder) cooking in tomato/basil/roasted garlic red sauce with chopped onions and sliced mushrooms.

Smells wonderful in here.... :drool:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2010, 07:06:32 PM »
Leftover "key" lime pie.

Oops, sorry, wrong thread.  :whatever:

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2010, 10:33:18 PM »

Sure do remember how you did me the honor of posting my BBQ sauce recipe on your blog.  Glad you like it so much; I should buy a pork shoulder and make it in my crockpot with the sauce.  Last time I made homemade pork for sandwiches (I suppose it's pulled pork but I grew up with it referred to simply as shredded pork), anyway last time I made it I used a bottle of store bought bbq sauce.  Must have been twenty years ago since I've pulled out the crockpot to make pork, before I found and modified the sauce recipe.  Yummy, now I know what I can make for Sunday dinner.
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2010, 11:21:23 PM »
Leftover "key" lime pie.

Oops, sorry, wrong thread.  :whatever:

WTFO?!?!?!?!?
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2010, 10:04:14 AM »
WTFO?!?!?!?!?

It was a joke. Sheesh. Remember my "key" incident that I was whining about?

Nothin' to do with those little green things.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2010, 11:45:32 AM »
LOL......... OK........  :lmao: :lmao:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wineslob

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2010, 03:17:36 PM »
Right now, I have small Italian meatballs

TMI, TMI!!!!!!

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2010, 08:07:30 PM »

Offline JLO

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2010, 09:49:09 PM »
Glad you like it so much; I should buy a pork shoulder and make it in my crockpot with the sauce.  Last time I made homemade pork for sandwiches (I suppose it's pulled pork but I grew up with it referred to simply as shredded pork), anyway last time I made it I used a bottle of store bought bbq sauce.  Must have been twenty years ago since I've pulled out the crockpot to make pork, before I found and modified the sauce recipe.  Yummy, now I know what I can make for Sunday dinner.

I swear, you could bottle that up and make a ton of money - serious!    :cheersmate:

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2010, 09:01:57 PM »
I swear, you could bottle that up and make a ton of money - serious!    :cheersmate:

Thanks. :wink: